5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slim's 2019 Ivory Limited

farf02

2019 Rebel
Reaction score
Bedliner is part of the BUG unless you get a trim that already includes it, like a Limited.

Bedliner is part of the BUG on some models, unless it was just recently changed it is NOT part of BUG on Rebel. Window sticker should show if it was included or free flow option.....or better yet, maybe it was free!

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Bedliner is part of the BUG on some models, unless it was just recently changed it is NOT part of BUG on Rebel. Window sticker should show if it was included or free flow option.....or better yet, maybe it was free!

Sorry, my error. Here is the brochure wording:

BED UTILITY GROUP — Includes upper adjustable tie-downs, bed extender (available with RamBox System only), deployable, bed step, bed lighting, spray-in bed liner (Lone Star†/Big Horn/Laramie models only; optional with L1, H1, H2, X1, X2, P1 and P2 Equipment Packages)

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I picked up my ride today after 126 days and let me tell you the wait is well worth it! RAM knocked it out of the park with this one.

1. The ride is incredible. I have been worrying if I made the right decision on getting the 22 inch rims. I live in New England and I am in snow country. The roads are not in great shape here in many places and these tires and my air suspension handled the road easily. I took it on some pothole filled roads and rough terrain on the way home and I think it rides better than my 2015 with 20 inch tires. Bottom line----If you are worried about the 22 inch tire ride. Don't be! But I'll assume you have air suspension ;)

2. Whipser quiet cabin. Maybe a bit noisy towards the Pano Roof, but just close the shade and problem solved

3. HK Harmon Radio---YES I was probably the first to complain here about the loudness issue when I test drove a Limited back in early May. If the stereo was rated at 900 watts I felt it was putting out 350-400 watts on the loudness level. In my truck I am happy to report I think the loudness is up to 750-800 watts. (using watts for loudness comparison sake) It could use another SMALL bump but now I am pretty happy with it. I tried AM/FM and SiriusXM and the loudness was much better. Did they do anything different to the stereo system since I test drove it? No idea. I just know I didn't like the loudness in the one I test drove.

4. RamBox. I think these are slightly bigger than the previous years. Light above the box instead of on the side is a thoughtful design. Another Home Run!

5. Wireless phone charger. Needed to play with it a bit but I love this. So practical and easy access to boot.

6. Fit/Finish and Paint. This probably should should be #1 on my list. I checked every square inch of this truck. They had it inside when I got there and I looked it over from every angle. When I took the final delivery outside I again did the same. I must say I can't find any problem with my Ivory paint, No scratches to be seen and the interior was flawless in every respect.. The passenger side RamBox sat a bit high, but the dealer made a few adjustments via the adjustment screws inside the RamBox and it sits much better. It is not too far off of a perfect flush finish now. Once the rubber seal is broken in I think it will be just fine. The RamBox opens and closes with ease. No problems. I checked and my tailgate cords are the same length on both sides!

7. A/C----I checked the air conditioner and found it to be perfect.. I ended up setting it at AUTO 70 where I usually have it on my 2015 and it performed just as well as my previous model. I even got a little cold on the way home :) Very Happy!!!

8. UConnect. I really need to read the owners's manual on this. I played with it on the way home but couldn't give it my full attention while driving. So many options!! I love the split screen

9. Automatic side steps. Perfect height. Maybe a little loud but much better than the fixed version on my 2015.

10. So far---NO CLUNK!

11.. E-Torque disabling feature- See below

Neutral

1 E-Torque. I have never had a vehicle with stop/start. My truck appeared to work as designed. Seem to be a slight shudder during operation but not super annoying by any means.
I found I liked it in with traffic if stopped at a traffic light etc, but I got stuck in a stop and go highway traffic jam situation on the way home and because of the creeping forward all the time I disabled it. I think in the long run I will like it, but it might need to be disabled for those highway type situations. The E-Torque is ready to go before my foot leaves the brake and gets to the gas pedal. Definite Plus!

Negative

1. This will be a short list!

2. My RamBox Bed divider never got delivered (WTF!) with the truck and I am missing the Bed Extender knobs like others here. My dealer has already put in the order for these parts and I am expecting them in about 7-10 days

Well my friends that is my delivery and 40 mile driving review. I hope to add more as I go along. Hope to read all of yours now that production seems to be ramping up!

Here are a few picks. Enjoy View attachment 4540 View attachment 4541 View attachment 4542 View attachment 4543

Slim, did you get any sleep last night? Or did you sleep in the truck?

KJRam

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Looks great. I will have to be sure my truck comes with the bed extender knobs and the divider like its supposed to. Did you get the bed extender? Just no way for you to secure it (knobs)

RAM 4times

Reaction score
congrats on a great looking truck! of course i'm bias with the ivory tri-coat! i went with the standard rims. i liked them both about the same so i went with the standards. i waited 100 days but i have no ram boxes. the 360 camera is the best . enjoy.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

BED UTILITY GROUP — Includes upper adjustable tie-downs, bed extender (available with RamBox System only), deployable, bed step, bed lighting, spray-in bed liner (Lone Star†/Big Horn/Laramie models only; optional with L1, H1, H2, X1, X2, P1 and P2 Equipment Packages)
If only the bed step actually existed. The best I’m likely to get is to have the dealer sell it to me at cost when it is finally available (even though it was “sold” to us at time of order).

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks great. I will have to be sure my truck comes with the bed extender knobs and the divider like its supposed to. Did you get the bed extender? Just no way for you to secure it (knobs)
I was missing the bed divider/extender and the knobs.

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If only the bed step actually existed. The best I’m likely to get is to have the dealer sell it to me at cost when it is finally available (even though it was “sold” to us at time of order).
My dealer told me Ram owes it to me! When it becomes available, I'll have them order it. It IS part of the BUG description in the brochures.

Kaz

Reaction score
Jealous! Congrats Slim! Looks just like the wife's Limited we ordered her... just wish they'd build the damn thing. ;(

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Jealous! Congrats Slim! Looks just like the wife's Limited we ordered her... just wish they'd build the damn thing. ;(
I'm rooting for you. You have been waiting longer than me. I hope it moves down the line soon.

1Raider

Reaction score

Where did you see that? This is all I see online..

Attachments

• 4E5D2BA6-336F-43B2-9368-A9B8B5D8502C.jpeg
    4E5D2BA6-336F-43B2-9368-A9B8B5D8502C.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 21

1Raider

Reaction score
So everyone with the Rambox gets the BUG option? Today I noticed the Bed Divider but didn't see the knobs or the Bed Extender in the truck that just came in.

Sorry for all the questions but want all the ammo I can get when I go in to pick it up..

KJRam

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So everyone with the Rambox gets the BUG option? Today I noticed the Bed Divider but didn't see the knobs or the Bed Extender in the truck that just came in.

Sorry for all the questions but want all the ammo I can get when I go in to pick it up..

The bed utility group was an option just like the ram box option. It’s two seperate things but you can get both options. Ram box msrp was 995 and bed utility group msrp was 445

Users who are viewing this thread