5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slim's 2019 Ivory Limited

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I picked up my ride today after 126 days and let me tell you the wait is well worth it! RAM knocked it out of the park with this one.

1. The ride is incredible. I have been worrying if I made the right decision on getting the 22 inch rims. I live in New England and I am in snow country. The roads are not in great shape here in many places and these tires and my air suspension handled the road easily. I took it on some pothole filled roads and rough terrain on the way home and I think it rides better than my 2015 with 20 inch tires. Bottom line----If you are worried about the 22 inch tire ride. Don't be! But I'll assume you have air suspension ;)

2. Whipser quiet cabin. Maybe a bit noisy towards the Pano Roof, but just close the shade and problem solved

3. HK Harmon Radio---YES I was probably the first to complain here about the loudness issue when I test drove a Limited back in early May. If the stereo was rated at 900 watts I felt it was putting out 350-400 watts on the loudness level. In my truck I am happy to report I think the loudness is up to 750-800 watts. (using watts for loudness comparison sake) It could use another SMALL bump but now I am pretty happy with it. I tried AM/FM and SiriusXM and the loudness was much better. Did they do anything different to the stereo system since I test drove it? No idea. I just know I didn't like the loudness in the one I test drove.

4. RamBox. I think these are slightly bigger than the previous years. Light above the box instead of on the side is a thoughtful design. Another Home Run!

5. Wireless phone charger. Needed to play with it a bit but I love this. So practical and easy access to boot.

6. Fit/Finish and Paint. This probably should should be #1 on my list. I checked every square inch of this truck. They had it inside when I got there and I looked it over from every angle. When I took the final delivery outside I again did the same. I must say I can't find any problem with my Ivory paint, No scratches to be seen and the interior was flawless in every respect.. The passenger side RamBox sat a bit high, but the dealer made a few adjustments via the adjustment screws inside the RamBox and it sits much better. It is not too far off of a perfect flush finish now. Once the rubber seal is broken in I think it will be just fine. The RamBox opens and closes with ease. No problems. I checked and my tailgate cords are the same length on both sides!

7. A/C----I checked the air conditioner and found it to be perfect.. I ended up setting it at AUTO 70 where I usually have it on my 2015 and it performed just as well as my previous model. I even got a little cold on the way home :) Very Happy!!!

8. UConnect. I really need to read the owners's manual on this. I played with it on the way home but couldn't give it my full attention while driving. So many options!! I love the split screen

9. Automatic side steps. Perfect height. Maybe a little loud but much better than the fixed version on my 2015.

10. So far---NO CLUNK!

11.. E-Torque disabling feature- See below

Neutral

1 E-Torque. I have never had a vehicle with stop/start. My truck appeared to work as designed. Seem to be a slight shudder during operation but not super annoying by any means.
I found I liked it in with traffic if stopped at a traffic light etc, but I got stuck in a stop and go highway traffic jam situation on the way home and because of the creeping forward all the time I disabled it. I think in the long run I will like it, but it might need to be disabled for those highway type situations. The E-Torque is ready to go before my foot leaves the brake and gets to the gas pedal. Definite Plus!

Negative

1. This will be a short list!

2. My RamBox Bed divider never got delivered (WTF!) with the truck and I am missing the Bed Extender knobs like others here. My dealer has already put in the order for these parts and I am expecting them in about 7-10 days

Well my friends that is my delivery and 40 mile driving review. I hope to add more as I go along. Hope to read all of yours now that production seems to be ramping up!

Here are a few picks. Enjoy fullsizeoutput_953.jpeg fullsizeoutput_955.jpeg fullsizeoutput_956.jpeg fullsizeoutput_954.jpeg

Last edited:

sgk

Reaction score
awesome, enjoy seeing the ramboxes roll in. Thanks for the photos.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I picked up my ride today after 126 days and let me tell you the wait is well worth it! RAM knocked it out of the park with this one.

1. The ride is incredible. I have been worrying if I made the right decision on getting the 22 inch rims. I live in New England and I am in snow country. The roads are not in great shape here in many places and these tires and my air suspension handled the road easily. I took it on some pothole filled roads and rough terrain on the way home and I think it rides better than my 2015 with 20 inch tires. Bottom line----If you are worried about the 22 inch tire ride. Don't be! But I'll assume you have air suspension ;)

2. Whipser quiet cabin. Maybe a bit noisy towards the Pano Roof, but just close the shade and problem solved

3. HK Harmon Radio---YES I was probably the first to complain here about the loudness issue when I test drove a Limited back in early May. If the stereo was rated at 900 watts I felt it was putting out 350-400 watts on the loudness level. In my truck I am happy to report I think the loudness is up to 750-800 watts. (using watts for loudness comparison sake) It could use another SMALL bump but now I am pretty happy with it. I tried AM/FM and SiriusXM and the loudness was much better. Did they do anything different to the stereo system since I test drove it? No idea. I just know I didn't like the loudness in the one I test drove.

4. RamBox. I think these are slightly bigger than the previous years. Light above the box instead of on the side is a thoughtful design. Another Home Run!

5. Wireless phone charger. Needed to play with it a bit but I love this. So practical and easy access to boot.

6. Fit/Finish and Paint. This probably should should be #1 on my list. I checked every square inch of this truck. They had it inside when I got there and I looked it over from every angle. When I took the final delivery outside I again did the same. I must say I can't find any problem with my Ivory paint, No scratches to be seen and the interior was flawless in every respect.. The passenger side RamBox sat a bit high, but the dealer made a few adjustments via the adjustment screws inside the RamBox and it sits much better. It is not too far off of a perfect flush finish now. Once the rubber seal is broken in I think it will be just fine. The RamBox opens and closes with ease. No problems. I checked and my tailgate cords are the same length on both sides!

7. A/C----I checked the air conditioner and found it to be perfect.. I ended up setting it at AUTO 70 where I usually have it on my 2015 and it performed just as well as my previous model. I even got a little cold on the way home :) Very Happy!!!

8. UConnect. I really need to read the owners's manual on this. I played with it on the way home but couldn't give it my full attention while driving. So many options!! I love the split screen

9. Automatic side steps. Perfect height. Maybe a little loud but much better than the fixed version on my 2015.

10. E-Torque disabling feature- See below

Neutral

1 E-Torque. I have never had a vehicle with stop/start. My truck appeared to work as designed. Seem to be a slight shudder during operation but not super annoying by any means.
I found I liked it in with traffic if stopped at a traffic light etc, but I got stuck in a stop and go highway traffic jam situation on the way home and because of the creeping forward all the time I disabled it. I think in the long run I will like it, but it might need to be disabled for those highway type situations. The E-Torque is ready to go before my foot leaves the brake and gets to the gas pedal. Definite Plus!

Negative

2. My RamBox Bed divider never got delivered (WTF!) with the truck and I am missing the Bed Extender knobs like others here. My dealer has already put in the order for these parts and I am expecting them in about 7-10 days

Well my friends that is my delivery and 40 mile driving review. I hope to add more as I go along. Hope to read all of yours now that production seems to be ramping up!

Here are a few picks. Enjoy View attachment 4540 View attachment 4541 View attachment 4542 View attachment 4543

That is a fine looking truck. I might be biased. Great to hear that some of the more reported issues are not present on your later build!

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Awesome. Glad to hear you took delivery of a truck that was worth the incredible wait you had. Anxious to keep hearing about your thoughts

Great looking truck.

1Raider

Reaction score
Sweet ride Slim,I know what you will be doing at odd times tonight going out to check out all the features on your truck.. Lol
Hopefully mine will be shipped with the RamBox Bed divider..

thcmas35

Tracking order
Tracking order
Reaction score
Congrats Slim! And thanks for taking the time to report back. It's great to hear some of the early issues people were having with ac, hk, fit/finish seemed to be figured out by the time you got your build. Makes me even more excited to get mine!

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Beautiful truck. Congrats Slim (neighbor)! Good experience with Colonial?
I love them. Great all around.. If you go there ever I'll hook you up!

Last edited:

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Congrats Slim! So happy for you that your patience paid off and you got a perfect Ram!

TCWoody

Reaction score

10. So far---NO CLUNK!

11.. E-Torque disabling feature- See below

Neutral

Negative

Here are a few picks. Enjoy View attachment 4540 View attachment 4541 View attachment 4542 View attachment 4543
Congrats!!! Great looking truck! Did you order the truck with the spray in bedliner or did it just come that way. My Rebel came with spray in bedliner that I did not order.

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Congrats!!! Great looking truck! Did you order the truck with the spray in bedliner or did it just come that way. My Rebel came with spray in bedliner that I did not order.
Came with my order. Might be part of the RamBox?

Lakewake

Site Supporter and Tracking
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Reaction score
Great looking truck Slim, happy for you

Seadog1272

Reaction score
Nice choice in a truck and options. My supposedly shipped today, hoping it turns out as great as yours.

metb4

Reaction score
Congrats - beautiful truck! The gaps on your RamBox lids look perfect.

TCWoody

Reaction score
Came with my order. Might be part of the RamBox?
Also could be part of the BUG. It was a separate line item on the order form and I did not opt for the spray in bedliner, but got it anyway. So it must have been part of the Rambox or BUG. In any event, it was a shock when I picked up the truck. That's why I asked if you ordered it separately or it came with one of the above options. I didn't read anywhere that the spray in bedliner was part of these options.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Also could be part of the BUG. It was a separate line item on the order form and I did not opt for the spray in bedliner, but got it anyway. So it must have been part of the Rambox or BUG. In any event, it was a shock when I picked up the truck. That's why I asked if you ordered it separately or it came with one of the above options. I didn't read anywhere that the spray in bedliner was part of these options.

Bedliner is part of the BUG unless you get a trim that already includes it, like a Limited.

TCWoody

Reaction score
Bedliner is part of the BUG unless you get a trim that already includes it, like a Limited.
Thanks. Pretty much had that figured out after my Rebel came with the bedliner. Wish I would have known that before delivery though.

AZOutdoors

Reaction score
Congratulations Slim. It has been a long journey but glad it worked out so well! These trucks are awesome!

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Congrats Slim. Beautiful truck and glad to hear your late build was spot on. Makes the wait for mine more exciting!

Users who are viewing this thread