5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slight Vibration

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do I remember someone saying in this thread that a dealer service dept. told them to take the vehicle to another shop to road force balance the tires?

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 044780 miles.

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do I remember someone saying in this thread that a dealer service dept. told them to take the vehicle to another shop to road force balance the tires?

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 044780 miles.
I was told that by ram and the dealer I was going to after they told ram there was definitely something wrong, but they didn’t know what. This was at 3500 miles after the tires had been balanced 3 times in 3000 miles😩 Road force balance done 3 times and still way out of balance. Noticeably better for a very short time 150-200 miles then right back to being out of balance. Luckily I got them to buy mine back and my 2021 Is ordered and is waiting at the dealer for me. Hopefully no issues with this one!

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I was told that by ram and the dealer I was going to after they told ram there was definitely something wrong, but they didn’t know what. This was at 3500 miles after the tires had been balanced 3 times in 3000 miles😩 Road force balance done 3 times and still way out of balance. Noticeably better for a very short time 150-200 miles then right back to being out of balance. Luckily I got them to buy mine back and my 2021 Is ordered and is waiting at the dealer for me. Hopefully no issues with this one!

Congrats and good luck. Hopefully this ends this saga for you and you get a truck with a glass smooth ride.

brandonjscioneaux

Reaction score
To everyone whom have been awaiting my reply on the rear link bars. I replaced them yesterday and corrected my pinion angle. This was not the fix. It's something in the rear end. I can move both of the rear tires from side to side with a clanking noise, there's no play from top to bottom. This was my last straw. This goes along with why it gets worse when it heats up and so random on the trucks it affects. Don't go throwing thousands of dollars worth of part's at this, start with the rear end.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
To everyone whom have been awaiting my reply on the rear link bars. I replaced them yesterday and corrected my pinion angle. This was not the fix. It's something in the rear end. I can move both of the rear tires from side to side with a clanking noise, there's no play from top to bottom. This was my last straw. This goes along with why it gets worse when it heats up and so random on the trucks it affects. Don't go throwing thousands of dollars worth of part's at this, start with the rear end.
I have lateral play in the rear end as well with no vibration. These are floating rear axles held in with a c clip, there will be play

brandonjscioneaux

Reaction score
I have lateral play in the rear end as well with no vibration. These are floating rear axles held in with a c clip, there will be play
Okay, that's what I was told by the last dealership. So it's got to be the backlash in my rear end. When it heats up it gets worse.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Okay. Does that mean they advised you to go to another shop to verify their balance? When I read your first post I thought it implied the dealer service dept did not have Road Force equipment.

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 044783 miles.

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Okay. Does that mean they advised you to go to another shop to verify their balance? When I read your first post I thought it implied the dealer service dept did not have Road Force equipment.

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 044783 miles.
The first dealership did not have road force balance. However they did balance 3 times and would not hold balance!

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That would cause terrible outer wear on the front tires and create feathering/cupping?
[/QUOTI]
Mine at 4000 miles, I was told this is normal wear🤣

Attachments

• E2B843E7-88B2-406A-A15E-087FCA5A3FF1.png
    E2B843E7-88B2-406A-A15E-087FCA5A3FF1.png
    858.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 85D134FE-4E57-479C-8362-6C5326BA4E0E.png
    85D134FE-4E57-479C-8362-6C5326BA4E0E.png
    821.1 KB · Views: 15

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The first dealership did not have road force balance. However they did balance 3 times and would not hold balance!
Wow! I would think some sort of dynamic balancing equipment would be required to meet the manufacturers service requirements for certification. Even my Sunoco station on the corner has one.

Regards,
Dusty

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wow! I would think some sort of dynamic balancing equipment would be required to meet the manufacturers service requirements for certification. Even my Sunoco station on the corner has one.

Regards,
Dusty
Nope, Jane from ram cares said Road force balance fixes almost all vibration issues! Didn’t fix mine, that’s why she referred me to another dealer. Then one day after playing phone tag with Jane from ram cares because of course she works the same hours as me. I was referred to another case manager who told me to try another dealer, so I did. That dealer drove it twice said nothing wrong as it vibrated the whole 35 miles each way there and back. I asked to drive a new truck to compare the difference, they refused me the right to do that. I was told nothing wrong with the truck, just drive it as tires are chewing up and vibrating down the road. After that Jane from ram cares tells me the reason why my truck is still having issues is because I’ve been to three dealers. People at ram cares is who told me to go to these different dealers. None of them cared or really even tried to fix my issue. 3 dealers with no clue on how to fix my issue. Very disappointing In ram dealers and ram cares! No one cares!

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nope, Jane from ram cares said Road force balance fixes almost all vibration issues! Didn’t fix mine, that’s why she referred me to another dealer. Then one day after playing phone tag with Jane from ram cares because of course she works the same hours as me. I was referred to another case manager who told me to try another dealer, so I did. That dealer drove it twice said nothing wrong as it vibrated the whole 35 miles each way there and back. I asked to drive a new truck to compare the difference, they refused me the right to do that. I was told nothing wrong with the truck, just drive it as tires are chewing up and vibrating down the road. After that Jane from ram cares tells me the reason why my truck is still having issues is because I’ve been to three dealers. People at ram cares is who told me to go to these different dealers. None of them cared or really even tried to fix my issue. 3 dealers with no clue on how to fix my issue. Very disappointing In ram dealers and ram cares! No one cares!
The Ram Cares person is probably right. Most vibration problems are resolved with dynamic balancing.

As to the "no one cares" comment, I think the majority of the participants on this site actually do care. That's why they make suggestions and offer recommendations..

Best regards,
Dusty

apsfive

Reaction score
Mine isn’t a normal vibration. I drive a Ram crew cab for my cruiser and the tires are out of balance on that one. It rides like crap and that isn’t even close to what my 2020 does. Tires are all jacked up with 8k and the shaking at highway speeds is unbearable. Maybe they put on cheap tires not designed for a full size truck with 22” rims. Mine was made when the factory’s were being shut down for Covid. I think steps were skipped to push out what was left to dealers for inventory. If my issue isn’t fixed I’m going the lemon law route and would be happy to do a class action.
I just created a forum account to join this discussion. I have a 2020 1500 BigHorn 4x4 5.7L. 20" black aluminum rims as part of the blackout package. Bridgestone Dueler tires. It does EXACTLY what yours does! I can feel a faint thump-thump at low speed on smooth pavement that becomes a shaky wheel at 75mph. I got it in October. It now has 2000mi on it, has been road force balanced three times, and the dealer just replaced the two front tires. Today they offered to buy my truck back in a trade for a new 2021 on the lot. I'd lose about $2-3k in the deal - I'm really frustrated and torn about what to do.

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just created a forum account to join this discussion. I have a 2020 1500 BigHorn 4x4 5.7L. 20" black aluminum rims as part of the blackout package. Bridgestone Dueler tires. It does EXACTLY what yours does! I can feel a faint thump-thump at low speed on smooth pavement that becomes a shaky wheel at 75mph. I got it in October. It now has 2000mi on it, has been road force balanced three times, and the dealer just replaced the two front tires. Today they offered to buy my truck back in a trade for a new 2021 on the lot. I'd lose about $2-3k in the deal - I'm really frustrated and torn about what to do.
Same issue with my 19 had a 2021 built I hope It doesn’t have this same problem😩

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When do you get your 21? I'm very curious and will probably go drive the 21 on my lot this Saturday.
Been at the dealer for 2 weeks, just waiting on ram to release it to me as mine was bought back. Should have it next week I’d think

Attachments

• 2ECAF1A1-AA5B-4CEB-8B91-0363C36FA7E0.jpeg
    2ECAF1A1-AA5B-4CEB-8B91-0363C36FA7E0.jpeg
    186.5 KB · Views: 9

Users who are viewing this thread