5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slight vibration

Arkansas Jeff

Tracking order
Tracking order
Reaction score
Any new update on what could be causing this vibration? I believe I might have a small breakthrough (*I still don't know whats causing it) on the problem but I'm not a mechanic and could be completely wrong. Unfortunately I can't share it right now because I'm trying to grow my YouTube channel but once I get the video up I will share that link if I am allowed to. Thanks

Longhorn5G

Reaction score
Any new update on what could be causing this vibration? I believe I might have a small breakthrough on the problem but I'm not a mechanic and could be completely wrong. Unfortunately I can't share it right now because I'm trying to grow my YouTube channel but once I get the video up I will share that link if I am allowed to. Thanks
No real break thepugh. Post it in here when you got it please. Ive seen youtube linked in here.

Smoot178

Reaction score
Spoke to the dealer late today. I'm going tomorrow morning to pick up my truck. Will report back.

Arkansas Jeff

Tracking order
Tracking order
Reaction score
I think I might have misspoke saying I might have a small breakthrough. Thinking about it now I'm almost positive that I was wrong and what I figured out has probably been known by everyone else for a while but I will be shooting that video this evening after work. Hopefully it will be up tonight and I will post the link here but like I said I don't think it's going to be as helpful as I originally thought.

Smoot178

Reaction score
Got my truck back. 2 rims and 2 tires. I'm not convinced the vibration is gone but I will decide on the 40 minute ride home after breakfast.

Longhorn5G

Reaction score
Got my truck back. 2 rims and 2 tires. I'm not convinced the vibration is gone but I will decide on the 40 minute ride home after breakfast.
Roger that, thank you. As you can inagine I am watching this thread like a hawk.

Longhorn5G

Reaction score
Please try to noti e if your knees, especially the left knee, is wobbling in relax mode.

If you pull ur left foot back some so your knee rests without hitting the door, unflexed, can you see if it wobbles.

Smoot178

Reaction score
I hate that I can't give a definitive answer, but my drive went like this:

I took back the truck and immediately got on a not so straight highway (it wasn't a good testing road). I swear I still felt it, but it didn't feel as bad as it was. After that, it was hard to differentiate between any normal jostling and a vibration. Frustrating.

Stopped for breakfast and I had my mom drive the 40 minutes back. I switched between the rear left and right back seats and still had alot of trouble feeling the vibration, but I couldn't rule it out either. I downloaded a vibration app (lol) on my phone and it seemed to fixate around 11.5Hz when I could almost feel the vibration. This is different from what that first guy said (20+Hz) earlier in this thread.

So I'm sitting in this god awful zone of "I'm still not sure it's fixed". Going to go out later and try again in a few hours on a road I've tested on before.

Longhorn5G

Reaction score

I took back the truck and immediately got on a not so straight highway (it wasn't a good testing road). I swear I still felt it, but it didn't feel as bad as it was. After that, it was hard to differentiate between any normal jostling and a vibration. Frustrating.

Stopped for breakfast and I had my mom drive the 40 minutes back. I switched between the rear left and right back seats and still had alot of trouble feeling the vibration, but I couldn't rule it out either. I downloaded a vibration app (lol) on my phone and it seemed to fixate around 11.5Hz when I could almost feel the vibration. This is different from what that first guy said (20+Hz) earlier in this thread.

So I'm sitting in this god awful zone of "I'm still not sure it's fixed". Going to go out later and try again in a few hours on a road I've tested on before.
Ok i will download that app too. Its a good way to compare versus my butt vs your butt vs his butt. I will go drive mine now.

Longhorn5G

Reaction score

Please confirm the speed range where u feel it the most. I will head out on some dc area highways.

Smoot178

Reaction score
Smoot, 1 more thing, whats name of the app and where did you have ur phone set to pick up vibes?

I have android and it was called vibration analysis. I think I wasn't using it right though. I had it on the rear floor board earlier, and this time I set it on my driver side door armrest.

I just went for another drive and I am unable to really feel the vibration anymore. At this point, so I don't pull any more of my hair out, I'm going to do my best to just ignore the issue until I start to feel it naturally again. Once I hit 5000 miles I am changing my oil, so I will rotate the tires and see what happens then.

Smoot178

Reaction score
I got on the highway and went 85. Bad vibration. Notice the red line in the top graph. So it's still not fixed.

Screenshot_20181222-165951.png

Longhorn5G

Reaction score
I dont have the vinration chart, but after my MPG test trips today, i think I can say, my vibration is either gone, or almost gone.

F9r reference, for people reading this with no background on it, I just got it back from dealer for a vibration at highway speeds.

They performed a 4 wheel alignment, it was out if alignment when they tested. They aligned, and balanced all 4 tires.

Whatever is left now, I am confident a set of michelins puts the vibration to bed.

Smoot178

Reaction score
I dont have the vinration chart, but after my MPG test trips today, i think I can say, my vibration is either gone, or almost gone.

F9r reference, for people reading this with no background on it, I just got it back from dealer for a vibration at highway speeds.

They performed a 4 wheel alignment, it was out if alignment when they tested. They aligned, and balanced all 4 tires.

Whatever is left now, I am confident a set of michelins puts the vibration to bed.

I mentioned earlier the vibration at 60 mph came and went on a curve. I am betting that was fixed by new rims. Now I just have the **** Goodyear's which cause the constant vibration at 80+.

Maybe I can get the dealer to just warranty them all for Michelin's.

Longhorn5G

Reaction score
I mentioned earlier the vibration at 60 mph came and went on a curve. I am betting that was fixed by new rims. Now I just have the **** Goodyear's which cause the constant vibration at 80+.

Maybe I can get the dealer to just warranty them all for Michelin's.
Oh boy, if you get that done PLEASE let me know. These Bridgestone Alenzas... michelin solves a lot of problems and thats no joke.

Users who are viewing this thread