5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slight vibration

Longhorn5G

Reaction score
What i have been trying to figure out from ppl in here is if anyone is feeling this who have lifted their truck. If it happened before they lifted, and then if it isnt there after their lifts.

Because if thats the case, their wobbles left after they lifted, then i woukd focus on parts swapped.

If it stayed or stayed even somewhat, i would look at suspension parts that do not swap with a lift, like hubs, or something.

But i cant seem to get a solid set of data regarding these.

Longhorn5G

Reaction score
I had a vibration on my 2016 as well, seemed to be between 1700-2000 RPM if I remember correctly, could feel it in the gas pedal, steering wheel and a bit in the seat. Dealer kept re-balancing the tires while I told them that wasn't the issue as it was RPM dependent, not speed dependent. My opinion was that it was a resonance/harmonics issue, go figure when I put a CAI on my truck it went away, which wasn't what I put a CAI on for but I was pleasantly surprised.
Yeah, i think that too. Just a oerfect storm of a few things at the right time, and nothing obvious or usual.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, i think that too. Just a oerfect storm of a few things at the right time, and nothing obvious or usual.

That's what makes it frustrating, and I drove other exactly equipped trucks that didn't do it. Since it's the same powertrain in the 2019s I wouldn't be surprised if it was some sort of a harmonics issue that some of you guys are having.

Longhorn5G

Reaction score
Well if I can deduce with some certainty that a lift took others ppl vibrations away, i am lifting for sure. I wont wait for an FCA fix.

Besides it will make me feel more justified buying the MOPAR lift. Itll be my first lift of a vehicle ever...

Ajd maybe thats FCAs plan!!!!

Longhorn5G

Reaction score
Jared, when u say u had that issue, does that mean its gone now? U still have the 16?

LaRamie

Reaction score
@Rayzram @Jared B it's funny you both mention this, I wonder if it has any connection with our rumble bee it made me think of it once you two described it that way.

Feels like how ray said if you give it more gas but it doesn't downshift, on flat or hills, it will lug like a standard for lack of a better description. When it does it feels like a misfire or several depending how long you stay in it or before it decides to shift. Best I can do on a description, not entirely sure if it's the same or not but it is a 5.7 also so want to float it out there

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Right right... ok another good excuse for a purchase. Thanks for that.

I make no promises, but if it does fix it, well there you go lol.

Another thing that could be tried, in a clean environment anyways don't do this if there's lots of dust/dirt etc around where you live but take the intake tube off the airbox and throttle body and just go for a quick drive, see if that changes anything.

Longhorn5G

Reaction score
@Rayzram @Jared B it's funny you both mention this, I wonder if it has any connection with our rumble bee it made me think of it once you two described it that way.

Feels like how ray said if you give it more gas but it doesn't downshift, on flat or hills, it will lug like a standard for lack of a better description. When it does it feels like a misfire or several depending how long you stay in it or before it decides to shift. Best I can do on a description, not entirely sure if it's the same or not but it is a 5.7 also so want to float it out there
Are you saying the vinration feels like that?

Longhorn5G

Reaction score
I make no promises, but if it does fix it, well there you go lol.

Another thing that could be tried, in a clean environment anyways don't do this if there's lots of dust/dirt etc around where you live but take the intake tube off the airbox and throttle body and just go for a quick drive, see if that changes anything.
Omg, this is gonna morph into the pantyhose thread.

LaRamie

Reaction score
That's how it presents in that truck, of course 05 vs 19, but since they were thinking engine and rpm related it made me think of it. I'm reaching that it's related but I wanted to see if it was. It acts just how they say in having a low rpm with an increase in throttle input without it downshifting.

Longhorn5G

Reaction score
That's how it presents in that truck, of course 05 vs 19, but since they were thinking engine and rpm related it made me think of it. I'm reaching that it's related but I wanted to see if it was. It acts just how they say in having a low rpm with an increase in throttle input without it downshifting.
I was pretty sure u were referring to the vibrations.. that said, i am gonna try jareds idea. Disconnect airbox and go straight throttle. And then see.

Smoot178

Reaction score
Can anyone else with this issue confirm for me the following:

On a straight, flat, smooth road, I can feel the vibration's intensity pulse like it is on a 5 - 15 second curve. I can feel the intensity go from nothing at all, ramp up, and then peak, and come back down back to nothing. This is at exactly 60 MPH with the cruise control on with a flat road.

It makes me think it isn't engine related. Possibly something after the drive shaft where there are similar components on each side of the vehicle that harmonize at certain times. One thing I didn't do, but should have, was set the cruise control to 60 and used the gear limiter to see what happens if I am in a different gear. That would have totally eliminated the engine, but I didn't think to do it.

My rental is a ****ty Cherokee with a 4 banger. Oh my god, I can't believe the same company makes my truck and this Jeep. The quality feels bad. And yet, no vibration on the Jeep :(

Last edited:

Longhorn5G

Reaction score
If im a betting man, i am putting money on bad rear control arm bushings. I had alignment done. Tires rebalanced. And car is only 1300 miles. Symptoms still there.

The symptoms are seat, floor wobbling slightly. Enough to faintly make my left knee hit the door. Its not jeeps death wobble. But a wobble.

Im seeing a pretty internet wide professiinal blog consensus that control arm bushings, from the rear, cause exactly that, seats amd floors wobbling, despite balanced tires and fresh alignment.

If anyone gets to dealer before I do with this issue, you might ask them to take a deep look at the rear, upper and lower bushings. Maybe a weaker defective batch made it to factory for a period. Who knows. And then please let us k ow what they say...

Smoot178

Reaction score
If im a betting man, i am putting money on bad rear control arm bushings. I had alignment done. Tires rebalanced. And car is only 1300 miles. Symptoms still there.

The symptoms are seat, floor wobbling slightly. Enough to faintly make my left knee hit the door. Its not jeeps death wobble. But a wobble.

Im seeing a pretty internet wide professiinal blog consensus that control arm bushings, from the rear, cause exactly that, seats amd floors wobbling, despite balanced tires and fresh alignment.

If anyone gets to dealer before I do with this issue, you might ask them to take a deep look at the rear, upper and lower bushings. Maybe a weaker defective batch made it to factory for a period. Who knows. And then please let us k ow what they say...

Mine should be done today (2 new rims and 1 new tire). If it's not fixed, I'll bring it up.

Jasonml24

Reaction score
Can anyone else with this issue confirm for me the following:

On a straight, flat, smooth road, I can feel the vibration's intensity pulse like it is on a 5 - 15 second curve. I can feel the intensity go from nothing at all, ramp up, and then peak, and come back down back to nothing. This is at exactly 60 MPH with the cruise control on with a flat road.

It makes me think it isn't engine related. Possibly something after the drive shaft where there are similar components on each side of the vehicle that harmonize at certain times. One thing I didn't do, but should have, was set the cruise control to 60 and used the gear limiter to see what happens if I am in a different gear. That would have totally eliminated the engine, but I didn't think to do it.

My rental is a ****ty Cherokee with a 4 banger. Oh my god, I can't believe the same company makes my truck and this Jeep. The quality feels bad. And yet, no vibration on the Jeep :(
Mine does the exact same thing. I have used the gear limiter as well as put it in neutral coming down a hill at that speed and it changes nothing. When I had mine in to look at they gave me a Jeep Patriot as a loaner and as glad as I was to get a loaner, I have to agree that it’s hard to believe they make both!

Smoot178

Reaction score
They got the rims today but they need another Goodyear tire. One of them isn't road force balancing. So far 3 tires have been replaced since I bought the vehicle due to road force balancing failure.

ETA updated to tomorrow.

ddonia

Reaction score
They got the rims today but they need another Goodyear tire. One of them isn't road force balancing. So far 3 tires have been replaced since I bought the vehicle due to road force balancing failure.

ETA updated to tomorrow.

I’m on two new Goodyear’s as a result of road force balancing failures but wobble continues. Hopefully you have better luck

Users who are viewing this thread