5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slight vibration

Cesar Frias

Reaction score
Frequency. I had more than one bad tire so it was a little tricky to interpret the measurement. The result was 21hz at highway speed, a little higher than one bad tire but lower than the driveshaft
Got it, I was trying to detect that by “g’s” br it is difficult,
Next time I will try change the mode and watch Hz , your measurement is a good reference for me. Thanks!

Granite2WD

Reaction score
Has anyone tried balancing beads in their tires? I think that's common for semis and some motorcycles.

bfp9

Reaction score
Did you have any issues with the daystar kit ?
Thinking of doing this myself.
Also if its not too much trouble can I ask for the specific part numbers you utilized?
Thanks in advance.

No issues. I installed it myself. There’s a whole thread about it in the suspension section that I’d link but I am on mobile. I think it’s the air-ride level thread. I posted photos in there of my install and things to look out for. Part numbers are included in that thread as well. I’ll go digging around and see if I can find it.

EDIT: I bumped the thread about the level kit in the suspension forum for you to find. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Last edited:

Brain h

Reaction score
Just a follow up on my previous post on the driveshaft clunk when raising and lowering the suspension. Forgive the noob level of the video, had my wife in the truck as you have to have the door shut for the air suspension to work, and in person there is an audible clunk that is not that evident in the video

Cesar Frias

Reaction score
Frequency. I had more than one bad tire so it was a little tricky to interpret the measurement. The result was 21hz at highway speed, a little higher than one bad tire but lower than the driveshaft
Scram1500, I did run the test and I can see the vibration also at 21Hz at most of the times while driving, that aims to the tires event though mt tires had been road force balance twice... And I measured this just a few days after the second road force balane....well, soon I will have new tires and Rims
1590819473598.png

Snell

Reaction score
Gents, good to see I'm not the only one with vibration at 60mph (worse during cold). I replaced all 4 tires, balanced, and 4 wheel alignment. Still there. Been chasing this issue since I bought it new. When its cold, I think it feels like driving on rumble strips without the noise.

RamCares opened a case, so I'll post if a fix is discovered.

2019 Ram 1500 Limited with air suspension

Brain h

Reaction score
Gents, good to see I'm not the only one with vibration at 60mph (worse during cold). I replaced all 4 tires, balanced, and 4 wheel alignment. Still there. Been chasing this issue since I bought it new. When its cold, I think it feels like driving on rumble strips without the noise.

I've been having trouble with my dealer going further than replacing tires..i still believe that the vibration stems from one of a few things...that ultimately transfer to the tires ..pinion angle, torque converter, the rear end not set correctly or the driveshaft itself.

Charp

Reaction score

Good luck! I've given up on mine (after only 10 months) and am currently looking for something else. Possibly Titan or Tundra. Just waiting for a good deal, because trade-in values suck right now.

Jessbell79

Reaction score
Mine has been doing it since day one. My dealer said at first it was the tires from shipping. Ok sounds no right but ok. Gave it a while no better. Brought it back twice after, balanced and rotated tires twice. Then they changed out a drive shaft on the next trip. Nope still there, then they had it a week. Told me it’s normal and Ram knows about it and hopefully there will be a bulletin about it. That other new trucks on the lot have it. Here I am one year later and still pissy about my vibration. Mine is a 2500 with the Cummings. So tired of no fix and being shoved off about this issues. @RamCares is there any fix or truth to this?

Charp

Reaction score
Mine has been doing it since day one. My dealer said at first it was the tires from shipping. Ok sounds no right but ok. Gave it a while no better. Brought it back twice after, balanced and rotated tires twice. Then they changed out a drive shaft on the next trip. Nope still there, then they had it a week. Told me it’s normal and Ram knows about it and hopefully there will be a bulletin about it. That other new trucks on the lot have it. Here I am one year later and still pissy about my vibration. Mine is a 2500 with the Cummings. So tired of no fix and being shoved off about this issues. @RamCares is there any fix or truth to this?
I truly believe that they limp you along until your states lemon law requirements expire. Then your problems become normal....

Brain h

Reaction score
I truly believe that they limp you along until your states lemon law requirements expire. Then your problems become normal....
Same here.
I am contemplating setting up an online petition for everyone this issue to sign and turn into fca and the national highway safety commission.
Anyone else interested?

Brain h

Reaction score
Hey everyone please take a look and sign this petition if you will and share, share,share !!!

JDiesel87

Reaction score
I just want to chime in I have a cabin "SHAKE" at 55-70 i dont know if this is what you are referring to as vibration
my specs are 2020 limited ecodiesel 4wd 22rims. It feels like someones rocking my cabin violently or its jumping . I just want to make sure this is the symptoms others are discussing

Brain h

Reaction score
I just want to chime in I have a cabin "SHAKE" at 55-70 i dont know if this is what you are referring to as vibration
my specs are 2020 limited ecodiesel 4wd 22rims. It feels like someones rocking my cabin violently or its jumping . I just want to make sure this is the symptoms others are discussing
Yes.

Users who are viewing this thread