5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slight vibration

metsfan1968

Reaction score
Go back to the dealer, had a newer version of tsb 08-056-19 flash update on the anc, supposedly just came out within the last couple weeks, my truck doesn't make the noise anymore.
This is what the dealer said where I test drove and had the vibration. He's 99.9% sure that ANC update will solve the problem.

Caram

Reaction score
This is what the dealer said where I test drove and had the vibration. He's 99.9% sure that ANC update will solve the problem.
Did it fix the problem yet, had mine back 2 weeks, full load with family and no noise has come back, truck is running like a champ.

Icecoldak

Reaction score
WOW--I sure hope the new update to the ANC fixed this issue----We need more people to get this done and report back ASAP

Trouble1233

Reaction score
Don’t get your hopes up..they will tell ya anything to get you to buy then they start blowing smoke until you get rid of it or disappear..also if you just bought a truck and you are here..congrats you to have been screwed..nov 2018 and truck shakes still after all the BS they have done..Then the dealer and ram tells me that’s how they ride..it’s a insult really to tell me my 60,000 dollar truck with air ride shakes worse than my 2004 Nissan Titan with 180k miles on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

metsfan1968

Reaction score
Did it fix the problem yet, had mine back 2 weeks, full load with family and no noise has come back, truck is running like a champ.
I haven't driven it again yet. I'm not sure if they've even run the update yet. They said they're going to PDI the truck, and if I want to drive it again, let them know. I will probably go back and drive it again to see if there is any difference after the update - even if it's just for my own curiosity and to let you guys know if there was a change. On the first test drive, it did it EVERY time I hit 55-60mph, and I did it several times to figure out if I was actually feeling what I thought I was feeling. If it doesn't do it now, the change will be clear.

Granite2WD

Reaction score
I'm at the dealership for something else and asked about this new TSB as I have the vibration. This TSB does not apply to my truck based on manufacture date. I hope it's the fix for others though!

metsfan1968

Reaction score
I haven't driven it again yet. I'm not sure if they've even run the update yet. They said they're going to PDI the truck, and if I want to drive it again, let them know. I will probably go back and drive it again to see if there is any difference after the update - even if it's just for my own curiosity and to let you guys know if there was a change. On the first test drive, it did it EVERY time I hit 55-60mph, and I did it several times to figure out if I was actually feeling what I thought I was feeling. If it doesn't do it now, the change will be clear.
I drove the truck again (actually took it home for 24+ hours). It seemed to be somewhat improved, but, to me, still did not ride like a luxury truck. To be fair, I did not feel any vibration in the steering wheel or in the pedal (and my dad who drives trucks for a living (for 50 years), said he didn't feel any problem). However, I still felt like I was getting a vibration or shaking feeling through the driver seat at certain speeds. Granted, it's a truck - so it's not going to ride like a car, but I expected much more from what is billed as a luxury truck with air suspension. Maybe it's the 22" wheels with the lower profile tires or maybe it's something else. Maybe it's not a problem and is really "just the way this truck rides" as suggested by someone else on this thread's dealer. Whatever the case, despite wanting to love this truck due to all of the features and the beautiful interior and exterior styling, I can't justify the price tag and having it ride the same or worse than the my 2017 Ram Express. To me, the 2019 Limited rode more "like a truck" than my 2017 or even my 2001 Chevy Silverado that I had until 2015.

Last edited:

metsfan1968

Reaction score
One other note ... While parked, my step-son was moving about in the back seat area, and the cab of the truck rocked significantly - like a boat rolling on the waves. It was extremely noticeable compared to any other vehicle I've been in where people moved from seat to seat in the back or something of that nature. Again, not sure what, if anything, this might have to do with the vibration or bounce feeling while driving, but it seems like the cab area is very susceptible to movement.

2020 ram 1500

Reaction score
I have a bad vibration issue at 60mph. I didn't notice it much when it was completely stock but I recently add a 3.5in lift from rough country and new 33s nitto ridge grapplers on fuel wheels. I thought it was the tires weren't balance right but they are perfect balance. So I thought something in the lift wasn't right or tight. Which that's not the case. I feel it alittle bit at 40mph and by the time I hit 60mph it's a steady vibration that will change your voice as you talk. The second you let off the gas it stops. So I figure it something in the drivetrain. I see that many people have had the same problem but has anyone figured out what the problem is or could be. I would like to fix it before I go back to Ford f150.

Last edited:

Granite2WD

Reaction score
I have a bad vibration issue at 60mph. I didn't notice it much when it was completely stock but I recently add a 3.5in lift from rough country and new 33 bottom on fuel wheels. I thought it was the tires weren't balance right but they are perfect balance. So I thought something in the lift wasn't right or tight. Which that's not the case. I feel it alittle bit at 40mph and by the time I hit 60mph it's a steady vibration that will change your voice as you talk. The second you let off the gas it stops. So I figure it something in the drivetrain. I see that many people have had the same problem but has anyone figured out what the problem is or could be. I would like to fix it before I go back to Ford f150.
You are post #849 without a fix yet. Buy the Ford.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have a bad vibration issue at 60mph. I didn't notice it much when it was completely stock but I recently add a 3.5in lift from rough country and new 33 bottom on fuel wheels. I thought it was the tires weren't balance right but they are perfect balance. So I thought something in the lift wasn't right or tight. Which that's not the case. I feel it alittle bit at 40mph and by the time I hit 60mph it's a steady vibration that will change your voice as you talk. The second you let off the gas it stops. So I figure it something in the drivetrain. I see that many people have had the same problem but has anyone figured out what the problem is or could be. I would like to fix it before I go back to Ford f150.
What you described is exactly what I experienced. I didn't believe it was my tires because they were balanced, however you can balance a square on an axis. I found a great tire shop and they showed me my tire on the balancer and it was a wobbly mess. Zero run out on the rims, just poorly made tires that balanced but were egg shaped

DonnieD

Reaction score
I just picked up a 2020 1500 Big Horn Built to Serve Edition and has the Falken WILDPEAK A/T3W tires and I am experiencing the same vibration. I had the white lettering flipped into the inside, however, I do not think this would cause the problem. Help Please =(

Granite2WD

Reaction score
I just picked up a 2020 1500 Big Horn Built to Serve Edition and has the Falken WILDPEAK A/T3W tires and I am experiencing the same vibration. I had the white lettering flipped into the inside, however, I do not think this would cause the problem. Help Please =(
The vibration seems to occur with wheels and tires of all kinds. Many have had their wheels balanced and tires replaced without a fix. The cause of the vibration may not be the tires.

Icecoldak

Reaction score
Its not the tires--its the truck, and they are not addressing the issue at all!! GOOD LUCK
I would return it if you can, cause it will never be fixed--trust me!!

Charp

Reaction score
Well I've taken my truck to another dealer and they say nothing is abnormal with the vibration! I'm done with this company and product. Please, anyone considering purchasing these trucks choose otherwise! They also had to replace 3rd brake light assembly due to headliner water leak! Now I have 2 water stains between my Harmon Kardon ceiling speakers. I should have listened to Scotty Kilmer. Endless money pits as they age!! I haven't even had it a year yet; only 12,600 miles! Never again Ram...never again!

RamCares

Reaction score
Well I've taken my truck to another dealer and they say nothing is abnormal with the vibration! I'm done with this company and product. Please, anyone considering purchasing these trucks choose otherwise! They also had to replace 3rd brake light assembly due to headliner water leak! Now I have 2 water stains between my Harmon Kardon ceiling speakers. I should have listened to Scotty Kilmer. Endless money pits as they age!! I haven't even had it a year yet; only 12,600 miles! Never again Ram...never again!

Hey @Charp - I just wanted to touch base here to let you know I had a chance to escalate your case! Please do not hesitate to follow up with any additional questions via PM.

Mark
RamCares

Granite2WD

Reaction score
Anyone have any ideas on how to measure or document the vibration? I've been to the dealer and they say it drives as expected. I tried taking a video of my fast food bag shaking from the vibration on a smooth highway.

Scram1500

Reaction score
There are a few apps out there, surprisingly accurate depending on your phone, but there are actual meters that can measure vibration. The frequency will tell you where it's coming from

OAD

Reaction score
I have the vibration issue as well, really started feeling it around 1000 miles now has 2400 miles. setting up an appointment with dealer in the am.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online