5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slight vibration

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I took my truck in for a slight vibration at freeway speeds. I asked them to road force balance the tires. They called and said they think the vibe issue is an out of spec driveshaft. They ordered me a new unit. I will update if I ever get the truck back.
Good luck, they tried that on mine with no fix!

Bam2880

Reaction score
I took my truck in for a slight vibration at freeway speeds. I asked them to road force balance the tires. They called and said they think the vibe issue is an out of spec driveshaft. They ordered me a new unit. I will update if I ever get the truck back.
What speeds is your vibration?

2022limitednightedition

Reaction score
Thanks Mark, But after reading 980 and counting replies no one can say that RAM CARES working with FCA and the dealer has found the problem and solved it. To pursue this is an invitation to aggravation. So much so that the only solution by many is to buy a different truck. Shame on FCA. I only wish that this thread was put on the Sticky list at the beginning of this forum so that every potential buyer will test drive the truck on the highway before using their hard earned money to buy a faulty truck that FCA will not fix.
Exactly! Here it is a year later than your post above and I have a 2021 Limited that I’ve owned for over 2 months with the same vibration issue so many of us have begged for FCA to identify/ fix. My truck has been at the dealer since day 3 of owning it with no fix after multiple wheel/tire RF balances, driveshaft and both rear tires replaced, calibration of the anti vibration modules, alignment tweaking and most recently the entire rear axle assembly that made the vibration worse! It is crazy that FCA hasn’t put their engineers on this to identify and fix the obviously well known issue. These trucks are top notch inside and their styling is incredible. But the vibration between 50 - 70 is completely unacceptable with a $74k price tag. Mine has a little over 600 miles on it now of which, less than 100 of them were put on by myself. The dealer has added the rest of them trying to figure this out and in the process, they have scratched all 4 wheels and put a door ding in it. Frustrating to say the least!

2022limitednightedition

Reaction score
Didn’t do the trick with mine. No change.

NewRam92

Reaction score
Any update here for anyone? Or are we just sadly accepting this as a "design flaw"?

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Any update here for anyone? Or are we just sadly accepting this as a "design flaw"?
No fix to my knowledge! My dealer gave up and said there’s no more they could do, I got mine lemon lawed! My story is the same as everyone else on here, tires out of balance after a few hundred miles, dealer told me every part that could cause a vibration had been replaced with no fix. Good luck👍🏻

NewRam92

Reaction score
Luckily my vibration is only at high speeds (77+) and mostly happens if I'm following behind someone - as if the turbulent air from their car isn't handled well by the Ram's aerodynamics - which is to be understood for a truck this size. Part of me wondered if the air dam has anything to do with it and if I'd gain anything by removing it.

Vibration for me is mostly limited to steering column

trp350

Reaction score
Road force balance fixed mine. Took it to private mechanic , not dealership. I had vibration 70mph-85 mph really bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2022limitednightedition

Reaction score
FCA is buying mine back. What a complete shame and waste of my money and time. A $74k truck, only 3 days of me driving it and it’s been in service since. Multiple road force balances, driveshaft indexing and then replacement, alignment tweaking, tire replacement on rear, trial of other tires and wheels, calibration of anti vibration modules on the frame and complete rear axle assembly replacement that made the vibration 10 times worse! From when I bought it in June until now at 4 months later, the truck has just over 600 miles (the dealer put about 500 of them on it while they experimented with it). FCA and the dealer “tried” to offer me the option of a replacement 2022, but for $6,000 more than what I paid for mine and with LESS OPTIONS apparently because of supply shortages. The truck is beautiful and I ordered it with everything I wanted on it. But this entire experience has been completely draining not to mention the damage the dealer service department did (scratches on all 4 wheels, passenger door ding and scuffs/scratches on the driver side door sill and lower door panel. The dealer service manager told me that all of the other new trucks on the lot had the same vibration. Luckily, I have had a decent FCA rep who has helped me through the process and who has been at least empathetic. The dealership sales management and general manager could care less. I feel sorry for whoever buys my truck after it’s auctioned not only for the vibration but I also noticed the infamous “hemi tick” a couple times when I started it. So who knows how reliable it would have been in the long run. They are telling me it could take until December for FCA to process the buyback. This situation just extends the time my money is wrapped up in this truck.

dsood23421

Reaction score
FCA is buying mine back. What a complete shame and waste of my money and time. A $74k truck, only 3 days of me driving it and it’s been in service since. Multiple road force balances, driveshaft indexing and then replacement, alignment tweaking, tire replacement on rear, trial of other tires and wheels, calibration of anti vibration modules on the frame and complete rear axle assembly replacement that made the vibration 10 times worse! From when I bought it in June until now at 4 months later, the truck has just over 600 miles (the dealer put about 500 of them on it while they experimented with it). FCA and the dealer “tried” to offer me the option of a replacement 2022, but for $6,000 more than what I paid for mine and with LESS OPTIONS apparently because of supply shortages. The truck is beautiful and I ordered it with everything I wanted on it. But this entire experience has been completely draining not to mention the damage the dealer service department did (scratches on all 4 wheels, passenger door ding and scuffs/scratches on the driver side door sill and lower door panel. The dealer service manager told me that all of the other new trucks on the lot had the same vibration. Luckily, I have had a decent FCA rep who has helped me through the process and who has been at least empathetic. The dealership sales management and general manager could care less. I feel sorry for whoever buys my truck after it’s auctioned not only for the vibration but I also noticed the infamous “hemi tick” a couple times when I started it. So who knows how reliable it would have been in the long run. They are telling me it could take until December for FCA to process the buyback. This situation just extends the time my money is wrapped up in this truck.
Hey @2021limitednightedition , can you share the contact details of your FCA rep. I’m having the same issue and have had enough of it. I don’t want to call regular FCA customer care just to get passed along. It will be really helpful if you could share the details. Also did you pursue lemon law or just asked them to buy it back?
Thanks
Dj

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My 19 was bought back, sounds very similar to my deal. What a mess, they drug mine out for a year and 10,000 miles! I thought I was loosing my mind! 62,000 vibrator it sucked! They keep telling me nothing was wrong that they replaced everything what a waste of time and energy money for everyone involved what a joke!

2022limitednightedition

Reaction score
My 19 was bought back, sounds very similar to my deal. What a mess, they drug mine out for a year and 10,000 miles! I thought I was loosing my mind! 62,000 vibrator it sucked! They keep telling me nothing was wrong that they replaced everything what a waste of time and energy money for everyone involved what a joke!
Does your new one have the vibration?

2022limitednightedition

Reaction score
Hey @2021limitednightedition , can you share the contact details of your FCA rep. I’m having the same issue and have had enough of it. I don’t want to call regular FCA customer care just to get passed along. It will be really helpful if you could share the details. Also did you pursue lemon law or just asked them to buy it back?
Thanks
Dj
Hey DJ,

I sent a text to him yesterday and I’m waiting for him to respond with a contact for you. The dealer I bought my truck from put me in contact with him and since then he has been forthcoming in my case with trying to get full reimbursement of what I’ve paid for the truck. So I wanted to see if there is a way to get you in touch with someone at his level vs. posting his contact details first because I’m pretty confident that if I posted his contact information, his phone/ email would explode from what I’ve seen in all of the posts/ multiple threads I’ve read about this issue.

He is at a level higher than the local service rep. and actually acknowledged the issue and has done what he could to wave the ~100 miles I put on the truck over the 3 days I drove it. There hasn’t been any type of reimbursement for the fact that I’ve owned the truck for 4 months and my money is still tied up in it until the repurchase finally occurs.

Ironically, I never had the opportunity to speak with the local service rep. which is probably a good thing because he lied to FCA and said that replacing the entire axle greatly improved the vibration (which made it 10 times worse). After the FCA customer retention contact expressed this to me and I told her the truth, she explained that he is responsible for fixing the truck so they can resell it after the buyback. So either he is lazy, doesn’t care about the brand he works for, doesn’t know how to fix the issue or a combination of the above. I told the customer retention contact that had their replacing the axle “greatly improved” the vibration, I might have accepted their “cash and keep” offer of $7k. But it was so bad after the dealer put the new axle in that it made my fiancé’s stomach upset from riding in the back seat when we drove it with the dealer service mgr. He even acknowledged that it was worse.

I’ll do what I can to get you a contact, but in the meantime if you have a reputable dealer (they are hard to come by), to ask them to put you in contact with their Stellantis service rep.

dsood23421

Reaction score
Hey DJ,

I sent a text to him yesterday and I’m waiting for him to respond with a contact for you. The dealer I bought my truck from put me in contact with him and since then he has been forthcoming in my case with trying to get full reimbursement of what I’ve paid for the truck. So I wanted to see if there is a way to get you in touch with someone at his level vs. posting his contact details first because I’m pretty confident that if I posted his contact information, his phone/ email would explode from what I’ve seen in all of the posts/ multiple threads I’ve read about this issue.

He is at a level higher than the local service rep. and actually acknowledged the issue and has done what he could to wave the ~100 miles I put on the truck over the 3 days I drove it. There hasn’t been any type of reimbursement for the fact that I’ve owned the truck for 4 months and my money is still tied up in it until the repurchase finally occurs.

Ironically, I never had the opportunity to speak with the local service rep. which is probably a good thing because he lied to FCA and said that replacing the entire axle greatly improved the vibration (which made it 10 times worse). After the FCA customer retention contact expressed this to me and I told her the truth, she explained that he is responsible for fixing the truck so they can resell it after the buyback. So either he is lazy, doesn’t care about the brand he works for, doesn’t know how to fix the issue or a combination of the above. I told the customer retention contact that had their replacing the axle “greatly improved” the vibration, I might have accepted their “cash and keep” offer of $7k. But it was so bad after the dealer put the new axle in that it made my fiancé’s stomach upset from riding in the back seat when we drove it with the dealer service mgr. He even acknowledged that it was worse.

I’ll do what I can to get you a contact, but in the meantime if you have a reputable dealer (they are hard to come by), to ask them to put you in contact with their Stellantis service rep.
Thank you so much for the help and support. It really pains to be in such a spot after paying so much money. At least after a long battle you were finally able to see light at end of the tunnel. I hope to get a favorable outcome too. You can send me the details personally instead of posting in the thread. I respect the privacy of the FCA rep and wouldn’t want him to be bombarded with calls. By clicking on my ID and selecting Start Conversation, you can send me the details personally. I’ll look forward to your response with the contact details.

Thanks,
DJ

2022limitednightedition

Reaction score
Hey DJ,

The Stellantis area service manager connected with me this week and explained that he only covers the area I am in that they handle every case on a one-by-one basis. He explained that the best way for you to connect with your respective area service manager would be to ask for your case to be escalated to your respective Stellantis area manager when you contact FCA customer care. This is a level above the regional service rep that would work with the local service rep to handle cases in your area. Another avenue you could take would be to ask your dealer to put you in contact with their Stellantis area service manager. That’s how I was able to get in touch with him.

This is definitely the level you need involvement from because with my case, the dealer and local Stellantis service rep could care less. I’ve never even spoken with the local service rep and he is a part of why this has dragged on for so long in my case while they experimented on my dime while I’ve continued to make payments and using the gas I put into the truck instead of acknowledging the inability to fix the issue from the start.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online