5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SiriusXM Plans & Strategy

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
that looks like it is select, not all access.
I have been paying $5 a month for select for years.
I agree. I tel them the same thing. I get free music from other places . I’ll swallow $4-5 a month and waste the money. It’s not worth more to me.
For some reason they try to sell me on talk shows. I remind them I use this to listen to music, not talk shows. Else I would use the free radio and listen to that junk

Says all access right there in blue

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It says your all access trial expires in July. After that, you have select till August 2022.

Thats what it says til the new subscription starts, they said it was a system issue when I did this back in 2018. Its always been all access. BUT, like I said before, don't really care because I'm sure I'm not listening to anything that in all access now and I wouldn't pay more than $5-6 for the service

Tidewater Ram

Reaction score
Yesterday I finally gave up on the scam otherwise known as Sirius XM. I cancelled the service on my Ridgeline after trading it in on my Ram. Not only did they charge my credit card 2 weeks later for another month of service on the RL but it took 4 phone calls to 3 offices over 2 days to get the charges reversed.

For those folks who signed up at Sirius’ “promotional” rate, don’t forget to call them every year to renew at the “promotional” rate or they will jack the price to their highest monthly rate.

Sirius’ “customer service” is performed by untrained reps taught to read from a script & they won’t deviate from it. Their service is horrendous & their product just not worth the pain.

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yesterday I finally gave up on the scam otherwise known as Sirius XM. I cancelled the service on my Ridgeline after trading it in on my Ram. Not only did they charge my credit card 2 weeks later for another month of service on the RL but it took 4 phone calls to 3 offices over 2 days to get the charges reversed.

For those folks who signed up at Sirius’ “promotional” rate, don’t forget to call them every year to renew at the “promotional” rate or they will jack the price to their highest monthly rate.

Sirius’ “customer service” is performed by untrained reps taught to read from a script & they won’t deviate from it. Their service is horrendous & their product just not worth the pain.
I second this. They are scammers... They have been charging my credit card for the last 7 months after "cancelling" my subscription. I have a permanent dispute in place with Visa to have the charges removed every month. Nothing but a pain in the butt, called 3 times and they can't seem to help get it cancelled. My solution to end this never ending charge is a new credit card number.... Fraud at it's best with Sirius...

PM-Performance

Reaction score
You guys did something wrong then. I been starting promos and cancelling them every 6 months for probably 10 years now.
I have never once had a problem of being billed after cancelling or not being cancelled

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's a complicated path but not necessarily a scam. How many other businesses do a "free 1 month trial"? Most (if not all) of them will then continue to bill at the full rate after that if you don't call and cancel.

If you've never had SiriusXM before this (I haven't) then you don't know what's coming. Even though nobody tells you what's coming it is in their fine print somewhere that nobody ever reads. Since it's out there then it's not a scam...it's just crappy.

I had a 6 month ordeal with SiriusXM and FCA. Got most of it fixed but I'm too tired of the process to deal with the last 20%. I cancel the trials as they end and, at the end of the day, I'll be down to just my $72/year for the Select package for satellite radio and keep that going. $5/month to listen to the same stations no matter where I drive is worth it to me.

Tidewater Ram

Reaction score
You guys did something wrong then. I been starting promos and cancelling them every 6 months for probably 10 years now.
I have never once had a problem of being billed after cancelling or not being cancelled
I’m glad it worked for you! Different situation for me - I cancelled an active paid subscription on my RL & despite Sirius telling me it was cancelled it wasn’t. Nothing there for me to possibly make a mistake on.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've got that t-shirt. I've been told "it's been cancelled" or "we didn't change anything" only to find out that was not the case.

Now I always go on-line and check the account to make sure it's what I think it is. I also call/chat a few days later to find out the status of my account to get an independent verification of what's really going on, especially with SiriusXM.

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just renewed the Platinum All Access plan for 8.95/month. Will be 10 and change with the fees added. This is worth it to me.

Now I have 4 days left to try to get a deal on SXM Guardian.

U

User_3336

I just renewed the Platinum All Access plan for 8.95/month. Will be 10 and change with the fees added. This is worth it to me.

Let your SXM Guardian expire, and in about a month you will get an offer for 6 months for $60. its the lowest offer I've seen (not the full package as I recall though)

RJS

Reaction score

Just did the same thing through chat. $10.02/mo total. Pretty easy, I told the gal that their price was to high, she said I'll see what offers are available and came back with this offer. FYI, the Premium, all-access and Platinum plans are different names for the same plan.
Mine was all-access last year, turned into Platinum and is now Premium. No changes including on line streaming.

I listen to SiriusXM programming about 90% of the time I'm in the truck, so to me it's well worth the cost.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If I was into live sporting events I would have gone the All-Access / Premium / Platinum route.

Let your SXM Guardian expire, and in about a month you will get an offer for 6 months for $60. its the lowest offer I've seen (not the full package as I recall though)
I would call first before you let the trial expire.

Since bill-e just renewed the radio portion he has a payment method on file. I know that when your deal expires you are automatically charged face value for the plan on a monthly basis until you realize what has happened and call them.

I'm not sure if the same policy applies at the end of the trial period.

Pretty easy, I told the gal that their price was to high, she said I'll see what offers are available and came back with this offer.
They will push back a couple of times (some more than others) but they will eventually give you the promo deal (for new subscribers) without too much fuss.

Olive Green 5.7

Reaction score
Has anyone tried giving them a prepaid gift card that is loaded with x amount of money? I figure if you have a little more than what they will bill in the future it should clear while they're doing their processing. The use it and when it comes time for your plan to renew, the funds won't be there and they can go f themselves.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't know if they'll take VISA cash cards as a payment method on file. Never hurts to try.

I just set a reminder in my phone (calendar) for me to call them about a week before the year is up. I call them on the phone, argue with them for about 3 minutes, get another year for $60 + taxes and fees (~$72), then set another reminder in my phone. I do that for both mine and my wife's subscriptions and it hasn't been an issue yet (2 years and running).

If I was going to go the "you can't charge my card because there's no money available" route I would give them my bank card, and let them charge me the year subscription. Then I would go to my bank, tell them I think my card has been compromised, and they would shred it and give me a new one (which has a new number). Now Sirius can't charge me for crap.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone tried giving them a prepaid gift card that is loaded with x amount of money? I figure if you have a little more than what they will bill in the future it should clear while they're doing their processing. The use it and when it comes time for your plan to renew, the funds won't be there and they can go f themselves.
I've done that and Cancel/Lost credit cards as well as Virtual cards. Depending on who does what. I have several cards I replace yearly for certain clingy services such as this.

Keep in mind on some cards you need to opt out of some cards account updating services too.

Olive Green 5.7

Reaction score
I've done that and Cancel/Lost credit cards as well as Virtual cards. Depending on who does what. I have several cards I replace yearly for certain clingy services such as this.

Keep in mind on some cards you need to opt out of some cards account updating services too.

Thanks for the info.

Short of calling XMSirius directly, how else can you verify how much longer you have of your "free period"?

Users who are viewing this thread