5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SiriusXM Plans & Strategy

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Guardian package is usually $15/month. They offered me $13/month and I said no thanks and cancelled it after the trial. I did not plan to keep it so didn't really negotiate so don't know if they would have come down more.

I dropped from the All-Access ($100/yr + taxes and fees) to the Select package ($60/yr + taxes and fees). I lost live sports (no big deal to me) but I can still stream on my phone.

The total price 'out the door' for the "negotaited" packages are $125 for a year of All-Access and $72 for a year of Select.

Last edited:
U

User_3336

What's the pricing for Guardian and is it negotiable as well?

I'm not even sure how many months of Guardian were included in the purchase of the truck.
1 year of Guardian on the 2020's. Not sure if it changed on new model years.

I did get a renewal offer for Guardian $60 for 6 months.

U

User_3336

The Guardian package is usually $15/month. They offered me $13/month and I said no thanks and cancelled it after the trial. I did not plan to keep it so didn't really negotiate so don't know if they would have come down more.

I dropped from the All-Access ($100/yr + taxes and fees) to the Select package ($60/yr + taxes and fees). I lost live sports (no big deal to me) but I can still stream on my phone.

The total price 'out the door' for the "negotaited" packages are $125 for a year of All-Access and $72 for a year of Select.
There are three varying levels of the SXM Guardian packages. Not sure which one you are referring to.

Grouper

Reaction score
There are three varying levels of the SXM Guardian packages. Not sure which one you are referring to.

LOL. Sounds like there needs to be an online course to get properly educated on the nuances of all of the SiriusXM/Guardian product levels.

PM-Performance

Reaction score
What's the pricing for Guardian and is it negotiable as well?

I'm not even sure how many months of Guardian were included in the purchase of the truck.
Everything is negotiable in life.
The guardian package is more than a remote start in an app though.
Pretty sure they give you that for like 3-5 years though. Pretty sure my window sticker said that.

U

User_3336

Everything is negotiable in life.
Pretty sure they give you that for like 3-5 years though. Pretty sure my window sticker said that.
Its SiriusXM Traffic Link that you get for 5 years(and only if you have NAV), certainly NOT Sirius Guardian.

Can you please post the window sticker you are referring to........

U

User_3336

sirnav.jpg
SiriusXM Travel Link is included for FIVE (5) years only if you have NAV.

SiriusXM Guardian is never included for more than a year. NAV is NOT required for SiriusXM Guardian.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, there are a suite of offerings under the Guardian package...

You get all of it for a 1-year trial. After that you get charged full price for it if you have a credit card on file (and you don't call and threaten to cancel).

The basic package is $13/mo and the complete package is $25/mo. I don't need/want most of those functions. I only used it to lock/unlock and start my truck a couple of times just to check it out. One of the times it took several attempts to remote start and all of the times there was about a 20-30 second delay as the signal had to travel from my phone, to the satellite, and back down to my truck 10 feet away.

Grouper

Reaction score
These are the three SiriusXM services listed on my window sticker.

Interesting that there is no listing (that I can find) for six month "trial" of the the regular radio service.

Sirius.jpg

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Interesting that there is no listing (that I can find) for six month "trial" of the the regular radio service.

View attachment 80211
You should have a listing on your window sticker for "SiriusXM Radio" and the trial length next to it like GregHBNA has in the picture in his post above.

Grouper

Reaction score
You should have a listing on your window sticker for "SiriusXM Radio" and the trial length next to it like GregHBNA has in the picture in his post above.

One would think, but it's not listed.

Ctrl+F search of the window sticker yields three occurrences of "Sirius" as shown above.

The build sheet though shows "SiriusXM Radio Service." No term listed on the build sheet.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have Sirius XM all access for $6 a month perpetually. It starts when my 12 month free service expires

PM-Performance

Reaction score
Its SiriusXM Traffic Link that you get for 5 years(and only if you have NAV), certainly NOT Sirius Guardian.

Can you please post the window sticker you are referring to........
Then maybe it was a year or 2 with Gaurdian.
Too many Sirius options though. They make it too complicated.

PM-Performance

Reaction score
I have Sirius XM all access for $6 a month perpetually. It starts when my 12 month free service expires
That is a damn good price for all access. How did you score that?
Usually my $5 a month deal is the lower package which is fine with me as I only listen to like 15 of the 100+ channels the package gives.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That is a damn good price for all access. How did you score that?
Usually my $5 a month deal is the lower package which is fine with me as I only listen to like 15 of the 100+ channels the package gives.

Had Sirius in an Audi A6 and called to cancel service. They kept offering til I said yes.
I dont think the service is worth more than that personally. If it were $10, they could keep it

sirius.GIF

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score

View attachment 80211
I just looked up the window sticker on a 2021 at a dealer and it does not list the radio trial period.

Interesting. I wonder if they've lowered the trial period? It was 1 year for the 2019 and 2020s.

We just went shopping for a new truck for my wife. We looked at Toyota and Ford (she ended up loving the Ranger). Her Ford Sirius XM trial is 6 months and the Toyota SiriusXM trial was only 3 months.

PM-Performance

Reaction score
I just looked up the window sticker on a 2021 at a dealer and it does not list the radio trial period.

Interesting. I wonder if they've lowered the trial period? It was 1 year for the 2019 and 2020s.

We just went shopping for a new truck for my wife. We looked at Toyota and Ford (she ended up loving the Ranger). Her Ford Sirius XM trial is 6 months and the Toyota SiriusXM trial was only 3 months.
They lowered it. It is 6 months for music, 1 year for Gaurdian and 5 years for the traffic stuff.

PM-Performance

Reaction score
Had Sirius in an Audi A6 and called to cancel service. They kept offering til I said yes.
I dont think the service is worth more than that personally. If it were $10, they could keep it

View attachment 80216

that looks like it is select, not all access.
I have been paying $5 a month for select for years.
I agree. I tel them the same thing. I get free music from other places . I’ll swallow $4-5 a month and waste the money. It’s not worth more to me.
For some reason they try to sell me on talk shows. I remind them I use this to listen to music, not talk shows. Else I would use the free radio and listen to that junk

Users who are viewing this thread