5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Signatures

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yeah I noticed that one I switched to the white theme lol. And black text is to dark on the darker background.

Just don't pick any color for your message, the forum will apply dark text when using the light them, or it will apply white text when using the dark theme. When you manually pick a color, that color is always used regardless of which theme is being used. So for example, my sig always shows up correctly because I did not specify a certain color.

Reaction score
Just don't pick any color for your message, the forum will apply dark text when using the light them, or it will apply white text when using the dark theme. When you manually pick a color, that color is always used regardless of which theme is being used. So for example, my sig always shows up correctly because I did not specify a certain color.

I did not know that, thanks very much for pointing that out. I have since changed it all minus a few of the colours I had. Now it shows on both white and black background.

Thanks again for the pointer!!

Fe2O3-E

Reaction score
I'm all for putting limits on signatures but 2 lines??? I vote to up to 5 lines. This is enough to add build details and quite a few upgrades and accessories without being obnoxious.

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm all for putting limits on signatures but 2 lines??? I vote to up to 5 lines. This is enough to add build details and quite a few upgrades and accessories without being obnoxious.
My take on it is that 3 lines is sufficient. The problem is, when posters go with a ton of separate lines (line breaks), then most of the webpage is dedicated to signatures, less to content, so you can get fewer posts per page. In terms of formatting signatures for clarity, I do prefer more line breaks, but if everyone had 5-10 line breaks in their signatures, the signatures begin to dominate the content on the page.
One thing I would hope they could do is to limit the viewable signature to 2-3 lines, with a place to click to "See All", or if one hovers their mouse pointer over a signature, it automatically flies out to reveal the whole signature. I have no idea if that's doable in terms of coding the webpage, but it seems like that should satisfy everyone.

Last edited:

silver billet

Reaction score
I have been trying to change one word. I put "Without Eco boost" instead of "Without E-Torque" in my sig.

Click on your username in top right corner of page. Click on "signature" in the drop down. Type/change your signature in the big white box in the page. Hit save.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
How do we feel about images? ;)

silver billet

Reaction score
Personally I don't like them, especially not the large ones and in a busy thread you just scroll down and down and see the same images showing up again and again. I get that some are really proud/happy with their truck but if I want to see the truck I can click the profile name, I don't need/like to see the images in the content.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You don't have a signature.
I’m pretty sure it’s a spam account that’s trying to have people click that link for malicious means or to boost the url of that link. I reported him. I’m reporting so many people that I’m starting to feel like it would be easier if I could just ban them myself. I don’t know if I want to take on another mod position though- i’m already doing four other sites right now.

Idahoktm

Reaction score
I’m pretty sure it’s a spam account that’s trying to have people click that link for malicious means or to boost the url of that link. I reported him. I’m reporting so many people that I’m starting to feel like it would be easier if I could just ban them myself. I don’t know if I want to take on another mod position though- i’m already doing four other sites right now.
Ahh...I didn't see that link. I've been reporting a lot of spammers too.

silver billet

Reaction score
When I ordered my truck, I purposely keep the options and packages to a minimum so everything would fit in my signature on these sites.
You can still do better, good sir:
Bright white 2022 Big Horn, 3.6, 3:21, level B, 33 gal tank, deluxe cloth bucket seats, ORG.
Now you have room for more features, like ram boxes!

Users who are viewing this thread