5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sigh… first problems with my 2022 Rebel :(

Thatjusthappened82

Reaction score
Drove into town today, parked… prompted me for an OTA software update, so I did that then spent 2 hours doing errands. Came back to my truck… remote start didn’t work, ok figured I was too far away, no big deal. Hop up in the cab, hit the button and the CEL comes on!!

Immediately drove to the dealer and they scanned it and said “hey this is weird… looks like an O2 sensor fault, but it’s also showing as active”.

So now my RAM app says I have an engine malfunction EOBD/Injection System Failure, CEL stays on, and remote start doesn’t work from the app or fob. Have an appointment Tuesday, but truck only has 3200 miles on it and I’m sad.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Drove into town today, parked… prompted me for an OTA software update, so I did that then spent 2 hours doing errands. Came back to my truck… remote start didn’t work, ok figured I was too far away, no big deal. Hop up in the cab, hit the button and the CEL comes on!!

Immediately drove to the dealer and they scanned it and said “hey this is weird… looks like an O2 sensor fault, but it’s also showing as active”.

So now my RAM app says I have an engine malfunction EOBD/Injection System Failure, CEL stays on, and remote start doesn’t work from the app or fob. Have an appointment Tuesday, but truck only has 3200 miles on it and I’m sad.
Great. I just had an OTA update.😖

I know it said some features might not work for up to 24 hrs but sounds like a totally different issue there. Hard to believe it’s a coincidence though.🤔

MXZGUY

Reaction score

Great that sucks. But if you have the gasser maybe the OTA was for a diesel, and you received the wrong one. Maybe over thinking also

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Remote start will not work when there is a check engine light on

Ram-a-Kin

Reaction score
I got the OTA Update message the other day when I parked my car. Today I received an email from RAM Service stating “Vehicle Malfunction Indicator Light Alert” and to schedule maintenance immediately. It also states to view full info on your Dashboard. I logged in to the app and its states the same as @Thatjusthappened82 - EOBD/Injection System Failure and references turning the key to MAR (driving position) and also states that “Traffic Wardens are authorized to check that this warding light is in working order.” Traffic Wardens?????? My remote start does work though. I also do not have any dash warning lights displayed.

@RamCares any Ideas???

Last edited:

Thatjusthappened82

Reaction score
Dealer just called and said that my fluidfilm application from months ago caused a NOX sensor issue and wouldn’t be warrantied? That doesn’t sound right.

Last edited:

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dealer just called and said that my fluidfilm application from months ago caused a knock sensor issue and wouldn’t be warrantied? That doesn’t sound right.
"Knock" or "NOx" sensor? Fluidfilm, like an undercoating goo?

Thatjusthappened82

Reaction score
"Knock" or "NOx" sensor? Fluidfilm, like an undercoating goo?
Yeah, he said knock but he must have meant NOX since it’s a diesel. Yes fluid film is a rust preventative undercoating for the winter salt/brine. Either way fluidfilm is basically a thin solvent free dielectric grease. If that causes a NOX sensor failure, I’m worried what road salt and snow will do.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, he said knock but he must have meant NOX since it’s a diesel. Yes fluid film is a rust preventative undercoating for the winter salt/brine. Either way fluidfilm is basically a thin solvent free dielectric grease. If that causes a NOX sensor failure, I’m worried what road salt and snow will do.
Do you know what the code was/is? There was an update for NOx sensor performance code. The dealer needs to prove it caused the code to set.

Attachments

• tsb18-133-22.pdf
    695.8 KB · Views: 9

BB22

Reaction score
I got the OTA Update message the other day when I parked my car. Today I received an email from RAM Service stating “Vehicle Malfunction Indicator Light Alert” and to schedule maintenance immediately. It also states to view full info on your Dashboard. I logged in to the app and its states the same as @Thatjusthappened82 - EOBD/Injection System Failure and references turning the key to MAR (driving position) and also states that “Traffic Wardens are authorized to check that this warding light is in working order.” Traffic Wardens?????? My remote start does work though. I also do not have any dash warning lights displayed.

@RamCares any Ideas???
About 2 months ago, I was parked with the engine off, but the start button was in the "on" position for about 10 minutes so I could make some setting adjustments that require the start button to be in the "On " position. The engine light remains illuminated when the start button is in the "on" position. The very next day after driving to work, I got an email like you got with the same EOBD/Injection System Failure. There was nothing at all wrong with my Rebel. No check engine light and everything worked great. The Ram Connect app does a monthly Health Report and shows the malfunction warning just like the email. Two weeks after the initial warning, the new Health Report was clear. No malfunctions showing. This past Friday I was once again changing some settings with the Start button in the on position for 5-10 minutes. Guess what, another email showing the same malfunction once again. I'm certain that once the system detects that the engine light is on for more than a minute or so, it thinks there is a malfunction and sends the email warning even though there is no actual problem. Most likely just a glitch in the detection system. The warning will clear as soon as the next Health Check occurs.

argus

Reaction score
About 2 months ago, I was parked with the engine off, but the start button was in the "on" position for about 10 minutes so I could make some setting adjustments that require the start button to be in the "On " position. The engine light remains illuminated when the start button is in the "on" position. The very next day after driving to work, I got an email like you got with the same EOBD/Injection System Failure. There was nothing at all wrong with my Rebel. No check engine light and everything worked great. The Ram Connect app does a monthly Health Report and shows the malfunction warning just like the email. Two weeks after the initial warning, the new Health Report was clear. No malfunctions showing. This past Friday I was once again changing some settings with the Start button in the on position for 5-10 minutes. Guess what, another email showing the same malfunction once again. I'm certain that once the system detects that the engine light is on for more than a minute or so, it thinks there is a malfunction and sends the email warning even though there is no actual problem. Most likely just a glitch in the detection system. The warning will clear as soon as the next Health Check occurs.
Registered just to say thanks! Confirmed my suspicion as I had this identical situation with my truck/app as well.

Users who are viewing this thread