5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Side window vent visors

ZonaRam44

Reaction score
I'm looking into getting a set of vent visors and I'm leaning towards in channel. I want the most low profile possible. There is a video on YouTube with two Tacomas, one with original avs and the other with the low profile avs. Both are in channel and the low profile looks great. I haven't seen quite the same thing for our Rams. What should I look into?

Jpack84

Reaction score
Anyone know if the Crew Cab AVS smoke Venshades also fit the Quad Cab windows? I cant find a confirmed answer online. Thanks in advance.

James

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone know if the Crew Cab AVS smoke Venshades also fit the Quad Cab windows? I cant find a confirmed answer online. Thanks in advance.

James

Back Windows/doors are different sizes ... fronts might fit

2020 1500 Canadian Sport 4x4 Delmonico Red

Jpack84

Reaction score
Back Windows/doors are different sizes ... fronts might fit

2020 1500 Canadian Sport 4x4 Delmonico Red
Thanks. I worded that wrong. I was wondering if the back windows on the quad cab is the same size as the crew cab.

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks. I worded that wrong. I was wondering if the back windows on the quad cab is the same size as the crew cab.
Definitely not. The Crew Cab doors are much wider than Quad Cab doors.

GumbyRam1500

Reaction score
Took some pics to hopefully help.
Did you get the ones with the chrome strip or black?
Took some pics to hopefully help.
Did you get the ones with the chrome strip or black?

Just wanted to add a "during installation" photo that might also help some folks. These clips are very loosey-goosey and more than once they slipped while I was trying to line things up and install. I recommend a little piece of painters tape to hold them in place while you install the visors and before you put the push pins in. That rubbing alcohol doesn't do any favors to your trim. I went back over it after the install with some Formula 303 and they were back to black.

IMG_6804.JPG

ClancyO

Reaction score
I just put the mopar visors on my crew cab. Fronts went on in about a minute each. Rears were more involved, but not bad. Directions must have been upgraded because they were clear to me. What is also clear is the penny-pinching tightwad at mopar who only included 4 of those microscopic push-pins needs a repeated *** kicking. I managed to find the one I dropped after 5 minutes of searching (thankfully!), but that just made the rest of the install more stressful than it needed to be.

RickWaz

Reaction score
Just double checking with those that went with the WELLvisors and the chrome trim, do these have a protective film on the Polycarbonate that you need to remove? Thanks.

Ronkartz72

Reaction score
Just double checking with those that went with the WELLvisors and the chrome trim, do these have a protective film on the Polycarbonate that you need to remove? Thanks.
I bought the ones with the black trim. Yes there is a film on it. Yes it is extremely time consuming to get all of it off. But it is well worth it. I love the look of mine, I may buy the ones with the chrome trim and swap it out later. I wasn't sure what they meant when they had chrome as an option, I though it would be the whole thing that was chrome, and I didn't want that. Now I understand.

c0mbatVet

Reaction score
I picked up the a set of in-channels from Ebay listed as "US Visors" brand. They fit perfect and look great. The fronts just wedged in place and the rears just used double sided tape. No issues at all with the windows going up.
Screenshot_20200730-221600_eBay.jpg 20200730_194931.jpg 20200730_195020.jpg 20200730_194957.jpg 20200730_195047.jpg

RickWaz

Reaction score
I bought the ones with the black trim. Yes there is a film on it. Yes it is extremely time consuming to get all of it off. But it is well worth it. I love the look of mine, I may buy the ones with the chrome trim and swap it out later. I wasn't sure what they meant when they had chrome as an option, I though it would be the whole thing that was chrome, and I didn't want that. Now I understand.
THANKS for the clarification! I'll be installing mine (w/ the chrome trim) this weekend.

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score

If your car came with windows chrome trim, then the WELLvisors with chrome trim with fit nicely, i love the way how it look on my.

Reaction score
I know this thread is almost 1 year old now, but I did have some questions about the Wellvisor.

1) how are they holding up for those who have them?

2) I wonder why these are not as "popular" like AVS, WT, EGR etc.... As much as I like the in-channel style over stick on, these ones have a nice one price flow look to them and they still maintain a somewhat flush look.

I'm just trying to locate where to buy. Only 3 dealers in Canada. Waiting to hear back from the one dealer in my province of Ontario where I live. If not I may order right from the website of Wellvisors, but so far it will cost me $117usd ($145cdn) so a little pricey. Plus taxes so probably more like $160cdn. Way more then the others. Maybe local dealer will be cheaper.

Reaction score
I'm also looking the AVS low profile ones as well. Part #AVS994064. They were also mentioned here but not much info. They are like the Wellvisors that should give long flowing look. That's really the only reason I entertain these stick on versions.

Anyhow have these? Unfortunately there are no pictures of these on a RAM.

Screenshot_20210702-021546_Samsung Internet.jpg

FL Laramie

Reaction score
I know this thread is almost 1 year old now, but I did have some questions about the Wellvisor.

1) how are they holding up for those who have them?

2) I wonder why these are not as "popular" like AVS, WT, EGR etc.... As much as I like the in-channel style over stick on, these ones have a nice one price flow look to them and they still maintain a somewhat flush look.

I'm just trying to locate where to buy. Only 3 dealers in Canada. Waiting to hear back from the one dealer in my province of Ontario where I live. If not I may order right from the website of Wellvisors, but so far it will cost me $117usd ($145cdn) so a little pricey. Plus taxes so probably more like $160cdn. Way more then the others. Maybe local dealer will be cheaper.
My wife got them for me as a Father's Day present. She got them through Amazon.

FL Laramie

Reaction score
Just wanted to add a "during installation" photo that might also help some folks. These clips are very loosey-goosey and more than once they slipped while I was trying to line things up and install. I recommend a little piece of painters tape to hold them in place while you install the visors and before you put the push pins in. That rubbing alcohol doesn't do any favors to your trim. I went back over it after the install with some Formula 303 and they were back to black.

View attachment 61827
Thanks for the pics! Lol. Thought they were supposed to reach down from the top of the door channel, not the side as you show.

Ronkartz72

Reaction score
I'm also looking the AVS low profile ones as well. Part #AVS994064. They were also mentioned here but not much info. They are like the Wellvisors that should give long flowing look. That's really the only reason I entertain these stick on versions.

Anyhow have these? Unfortunately there are no pictures of these on a RAM.

View attachment 98545
Hopefully they are like what is in the picture. When I ordered mine, the picture looked like that, but what I received was way different. I haven't had any problems with the Well Visors since I installed them.

Reaction score
Hopefully they are like what is in the picture. When I ordered mine, the picture looked like that, but what I received was way different. I haven't had any problems with the Well Visors since I installed them.

I opted to order the Wellvisors from the one and only dealer in Ontario and is also conveniently on my way to work. They should be here in 2 weeks.

As I said not much info amongst various forums of different vehicles. And only a handful here. But decided I'd take the chance as there is a 1 year warranty and they are the look I am going for.

Some say in-channel looks "stock" or flush but I find the B pillars break that up. I like how these basically look seamless from one door to the next going over the B pillars. They don't seem to stick out any further then the in-channel designs either.

ZonaRam44

Reaction score
I installed the AVS low profile vent visors. I got them for $17 on Amazon warehouse so I figured why not. They are holding up well, car washes are no problem. Only thing I don't like is the rear visors bow in a bit. They are not as rigid as I would like.
Note: I had them installed wrong in this photo. They do not go in the window track by the pillars, they go under the top plastic trim.
20201018_103938.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread