5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Side window vent visors

Ronkartz72

Reaction score
Is this the one you ordered?

There is a film that covered the black trim to keep it frommgetting scratched up. It is a pain to get off in one piece. Maybe heating it up would help. Pay attention to the shape of the clips so they go on the correct way.

Ronkartz72

Reaction score
I just put these on from WellVisor, the chrome ( comes on them) on the back one is alittle more narrow than what's on the truck, same on both sides but I like them.
View attachment 46395
I wish I would have got the chrome ones when I ordered mine. I did notice that the chrome piece was narrower on the back and not sure how I would have felt about that. Small detail that could be fixed.

Danny_TheHouseCook

Reaction score
Got the Wellvisors in and they have the look that I was going for. Had some issues with the protective film but they came out great.
Really like the Wellvisors. These look like the set I put on my wife's Honda Pilot. However, hers had the chrome strip so when applied the window chrome surround was not interrupted by the visor. They look really nice!

Rcgflash1

Reaction score
I wish I would have got the chrome ones when I ordered mine. I did notice that the chrome piece was narrower on the back and not sure how I would have felt about that. Small detail that could be fixed.
I definitely like the seamless look on both.

Chieffreeze

Reaction score
These look great. If I didn't already have the AVS brand on, I'd definitely check these out.
I just put these on from WellVisor, the chrome ( comes on them) on the back one is alittle more narrow than what's on the truck, same on both sides but I like them.
View attachment 46395
How did you get the clips to work? I have some but am getting ready to send them back because I can't get the clips to reach the visor and the pins don't seem long enough.

Ronkartz72

Reaction score
How did you get the clips to work? I have some but am getting ready to send them back because I can't get the clips to reach the visor and the pins don't seem long enough.
Took some pics to hopefully help.
Did you get the ones with the chrome strip or black?

Attachments

• 15839775978485228830981753697564.jpg
    15839775978485228830981753697564.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 211
  • 20200311_204856.jpg
    20200311_204856.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 213
  • 20200311_204922.jpg
    20200311_204922.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 207

Chieffreeze

Reaction score
I wish I would have gotten the chrome trim instead. I wasn't sure what they meant when they said chrome. I thought the whole thing was going to be chrome.
That was the same thing I thought until I saw the pictures on this site. Thanks again for the pictures they made the difference between me keeping them and sending them back. I just installed them and am very happy.

Rcgflash1

Reaction score
They were a pain but I see you got them to work. I actually don't think you even need the clips, one of the pins broke when installing and the visor is still on, even through a couple auto car washes.

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got them from Amazon. Same price but no shipping fee with Prime.
I notice that the WellVisor says "reduced wind noise", would you agree with that claim?
The Weathertech in-channel visor-vents I put on our family sedan INCREASED the wind noise.
Our 2020 Longhorn with air suspension rides so smoothly and quietly, I have a difficult time believing that any of these visorvents doesn't cause additional wind noise.

Ronkartz72

Reaction score
I notice that the WellVisor says "reduced wind noise", would you agree with that claim?
The Weathertech in-channel visor-vents I put on our family sedan INCREASED the wind noise.
Our 2020 Longhorn with air suspension rides so smoothly and quietly, I have a difficult time believing that any of these visorvents doesn't cause additional wind noise.
I really didn't notice that much wind noise to start with, so to say it reduces it, I can't say for sure. But it helps with the buffering effect that I had with just one window down. That drove me nuts.

Chieffreeze

Reaction score
They were a pain but I see you got them to work. I actually don't think you even need the clips, one of the pins broke when installing and the visor is still on, even through a couple auto car washes.
I agree. The tape is pretty strong and I the clips seem flimsy and not really providing any extra support. I have had similar visors on previous vehicles without the clips and never had any problems. I tried the window channel visors on my Tundra and didn't like them. They rattled and affected my auto window function. I was considering them for my Ram because I like the look of the chrome and didn't want to cover it up. I'm really happy I discovered the well visors with chrome on this forum. Thanks again.

Danny_TheHouseCook

Reaction score
I didn't use the clips. They're useless in my opinion.

vet314

Reaction score
Mopar set. Minor binding when first installed, but that went away quickly View attachment 41916
Nice ride! I'm deciding between the in channel Mopar and AVS side window visors. I notice the Mopars have a section that the AVS does not. It looks like the Mopars continue down the black plastic triangle where the side view mirror mounts.
Here is what I was comparing-
Mopar (displayed on eBay)- https://www.ebay.com/p/20024342150?iid=273840814112&_trkparms=aid=555018&algo=PL.SIM&ao=1&asc=225086&meid=ab33346562c44481b5b819604259c5d8&pid=100854&rk=1&rkt=1&itm=273840814112&pmt=1&noa=0&pg=2322090&algv=SimplAMLSeedlessV2&_trksid=p2322090.c100854.m4779

AVS- https://www.autoventshade.com/avs-194818-ventvisor-in-channel-deflector-4-pc

Would you prefer the Mopars going all the way down or AVS?
Are the Mopars smoked (translucent) or mostly blacked out?

Thanks

Last edited:

KNGSNK11

Reaction score
Been debating installing a set of visors but on my previous vechicle they made the wind noise worse. Anybody with the mopar set notice if the wind noise was worse after the install?

Users who are viewing this thread