5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Side window vent visors

Ronkartz72

Reaction score
These are not listed as "matte black" but they are using the same picture you posted

AVS Low Profile Ventvisor
Ordered that exact part number (which the AVS guy told me was right) from Amazon and it was an in channel application. Sent it back and ordered from Real Truck, same exact thing. They have the seamless for the 2019 DS models only it seems.

SASK_RT

Reaction score
Ordered that exact part number (which the AVS guy told me was right) from Amazon and it was an in channel application. Sent it back and ordered from Real Truck, same exact thing. They have the seamless for the 2019 DS models only it seems.
From the website it does say " By utilizing either In-channel or Outside Mount design (varies by application)". They must have changed the design for the new style.

SASK_RT

Reaction score
I am wondering if anyone has found and installed color matched vent shades for the new style trucks?

Ronkartz72

Reaction score
From the website it does say " By utilizing either In-channel or Outside Mount design (varies by application)". They must have changed the design for the new style.
I noticed that earlier too. I really like the look of the ones shown. Not keen on the in window design. I see people have issues with the automatic up not working 100% of the time.

SASK_RT

Reaction score
I am sure you can have them painted at your local shop.
Yes...but AVS had a version of the color-matched for the previous generation. That seems easier. B
Mopar or avs ?

AVS had color-matched options for some colors for the previous generation. I called and was told there are no plans at the moment to come out with a color matched version for this generation.

RamLink83

Reaction score
Here's the pictures you requested. Hope this helps. Sorry for the delay. My memory doesn't work too well.
Thanks for the pictures. This helped! Too bad they didn't go all the way to the end of the front door. Then it would cover up the entire paint defect. This will at least cover 95% of it though.

Ronkartz72

Reaction score
I just ordered a set of Wellvisors. I should have them on Friday. Will post pics when complete.

zlman

Reaction score
I bought front and rear in-channel AVS brand. Fronts have been great, rears, not so much. They come with 3M tape applied and these u shaped clip things to hold them in. Front u clips have stayed in place, rears keep slipping out allowing the vent to fall down a bit.
Ram factory version look to be much more secure.

TLOC

Reaction score
I have used AVS in the past and was always good. Used WeatherTech on my last truck but opted for the Mopar brand on the Ram and really like them!!! IN-CHANNEL ALWAYS! You have to pull the weather strip nearly out to get the clip seated correctly but it was a non issue...

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Ronkartz72

Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread