5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Side window vent visors

codex93

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
First post here, I've owned my 2020 Ram for a week and a half now and am looking at some things for it.

I think I may have found some of the AVS low-pro in colormatch which I want to get, as well as the Aerocab marker, and Lightsheild marker in color match.
does anyone have this setup on their Granite crystal?

Mister 4x4

Reaction score
I went with a set of Weather Techs (need to get pics). I had some AVSs on my 2012 LoneStar (tape-on), and they got brittle and basically starting coming apart around 18 months after I got 'em. AVS warranty-replaced with no issues, but the new set had already developed a split in the passenger-side front door vent about 6 months before I traded-in the truck (someone else's problem now).

I didn't hate them, but didn't think they would succumb to the elements THAT quickly. It IS West Texas, though... so there's that. Oh well... at least they're cheap. ;-)

Reaction score
Just installed the Wellvisors vent/rain guards today. Installation and fitment was a breeze. Even the clips that install at the rear of each visor were easy to work with.

Today I also installed AVS visors on my sister's Dodge Caravan and I didn't find the fitment of them good. I installed a different way then manufacture recommended way.

I like the AVS because they are darker, almost non see thru. Where the Wellvisors are more smokey and you can see thru them. But I prefer them as the fitment is great, quality is great and I like the low profile over the bubble look like AVS.

So depending on how you look at them they look lighter or darker. And see thru or not see thru. AVS is dark black no matter where you stand.

Overall very impressed and surprised they are not as talked about as other brands like WT, AVS etc... Maybe more well known in the JDM communities.

20210721_174721.jpg
20210721_174736.jpg
20210721_174805.jpg

1Mopar

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
First post here, I've owned my 2020 Ram for a week and a half now and am looking at some things for it.

I think I may have found some of the AVS low-pro in colormatch which I want to get, as well as the Aerocab marker, and Lightsheild marker in color match.
does anyone have this setup on their Granite crystal?

I put the AVS visors on my Laramie and within a week they warped and looked like crap. Sent them back and now waiting on the EGR brand to try out.. Mike

Reaction score
What are the best side window vent visors for our Rams? Specifically ones that won't interfere with the power folding side mirrors.
Weather Tech are the ticket your looking for they have their own web site think about 95 bucks for front and rear in channel type

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I put the AVS visors on my Laramie and within a week they warped and looked like crap. Sent them back and now waiting on the EGR brand to try out.. Mike
After 3 weeks, my AVS inchannel visors are warped as well 😡

Mister 4x4

Reaction score
I've had my Weather Tech in-channels for about 3 weeks now as well, and it's been in the 100s for the most part. So far, so good - they seem just fine although I was a little surprised as they move slightly (just a few millimeters) when dropping and/or raising the windows. I guess that's the difference between tape-on and in-channel. I do like the cleaner look of the in-channel shade a lot better.

I had the tape-on AVSs on my 2012 for about 15 months before they embrittled and started shattering. AVS honored their warranty and sent me a complete new set, but the passenger front unit cracked after about 2 years (held together, and hardly noticeable... good enough to pass muster for trade-in).

Between hard water and car wash soap deposits, the AVSs had become opaque rather than 'mostly see-thru,' and I believe the build-up of those substances might've aided the embrittlement process in the West Texas heat.

Users who are viewing this thread