5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shudder and buffeting noise from etorque

stevenram

Reaction score
Right after taking my 2021 big horn with 3.6L etorque off the lot, I noticed a shudder feeling when decelerating. It always happens at 20mph, but only if you slow down from above 45mph. If you slow down from 35 mph, it won’t do it.

The dealer said it was normal after trying to diagnose, and showed me another truck that did it. It sounds almost like a buffeting sound from a fan or going over rumble strips. I can’t imagine it would be a normal braking sound if you can hear it over the radio!

Has anyone else had this sound on their etorque truck?

Moosefire66

Reaction score
I have the 2019 model, and I've never had anything that resembles that noise

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Nozzleman

Reaction score
I'll get a slight shudder if I'm doing 15mph when the etorque turns on, but never a sound. I have a 2021 big horn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GregHBNA

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Right after taking my 2021 big horn with 3.6L etorque off the lot, I noticed a shudder feeling when decelerating. It always happens at 20mph, but only if you slow down from above 45mph. If you slow down from 35 mph, it won’t do it.

The dealer said it was normal after trying to diagnose, and showed me another truck that did it. It sounds almost like a buffeting sound from a fan or going over rumble strips. I can’t imagine it would be a normal braking sound if you can hear it over the radio!

You didn't notice this when you test drove the truck ? ? ? ?

stevenram

Reaction score
You didn't notice this when you test drove the truck ? ? ? ?
I noticed it about a week after taking ownership but would have definitely noticed it when test driving. I always look for dash rattles when test driving with radio off and hvac off so it would have been hard to miss.

Smerberj

Reaction score
Hmmm, never had that issue before but my truck was "shuddering" from 25 - 40 mph. There was a PCM and TCM update and it completely fixed the problem.

stevenram

Reaction score
I’m starting to wonder if having the 3.55 rear end has anything to do with it

Smerberj

Reaction score
I’m starting to wonder if having the 3.55 rear end has anything to do with it
I do have the 3.55 rear end but I doubt that's the issue. The issue was, I'd be in 7th gear at 25 mph which would cause the truck to damn near stall.

skoold2003

Reaction score

Yes, I get this too! I have a ‘19 with etorque. I just bought it and it has 80k miles so I’ve been worried that there’s something wrong. It sounds just like rumble strips and I was worried that a diff was going out or something. When I turn on tow haul or even roll down a window it stops. It seems related to eco mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread