5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should I have received trailer TPMS sensors with my new 5th gen w/trailer tow package?

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
It's like Brutal_HO says, the buid sheet shows the system, not the sensors. The sensors are part of the package though, so they are not listed separately.
never said listed separately
only said "what does build sheet say" in post #3

and the op has not said what the build sheet says

and I showed what the build sheet should say

Last edited:

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
never said listed separately
only said "what does build sheet say" in post #3

and the op has not said what the build sheet says

and I showed what the build sheet should say
I ordered the Trailer Tow Package and the sensors were in my build sheet like they should be.

3BF6DA43-15AB-4EF8-AFDF-80C876A32A82.jpeg

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It doesn't list the sensors, it lists the TTPMS system on the build sheet. Does his truck have TTPMS on the build sheet? Vin#, build sheet are the easiest ways to verify if he has the system.

Well that's kinda the (sarcastic) point I have been trying to make with one member in particular. It will never list the sensors that are part of the kit, just the sales code/description. If anyone bothered to look at the details for the kit, it shows the sensors included. Here's the XG9 sticky we have had on hdrams since Mar 2021, maybe that will help settle it.

Here's the body builders guide for the Trailer TPMS (1500 link is the same as all others) https://www.ramtrucks.com/BodyBuilder/service/ViewSpecification?specificationId=4521&fileName=Ram_CC HD_Trailer TPM Users Guide_MY19+_R1.pdf

Show it to the dealer and have them produce the sensors.

1677452828806.png

This is, in the immortal words of Jimmy07, turning into an Abbott and Costello routine.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well that's kinda the (sarcastic) point I have been trying to make with one member in particular. It will never list the sensors that are part of the kit, just the sales code/description. If anyone bothered to look at the details for the kit, it shows the sensors included. Here's the XG9 sticky we have had on hdrams since Mar 2021, maybe that will help settle it.

Here's the body builders guide for the Trailer TPMS (1500 link is the same as all others) https://www.ramtrucks.com/BodyBuilder/service/ViewSpecification?specificationId=4521&fileName=Ram_CC HD_Trailer TPM Users Guide_MY19+_R1.pdf

Show it to the dealer and have them produce the sensors.

View attachment 153072

This is, in the immortal words of Jimmy07, turning into an Abbott and Costello routine.
Does he have TTPMS equipped truck, we don't know.

Dale_K

Reaction score
OP here - I used the sticky thread link to a build sheet and it shows the tire pressure monitoring system similar to the printout by Dewey above. I spoke to the salesman who is actually pretty knowledgeable and he thinks I'm supposed to have it and maybe I just haven't looked in every possible place. I've checked both glove boxes, both ramboxes, both floor cubbies and the center console. He wants to look himself so I'll give him that chance. I'll update the thread when I have new info.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
If the build sheet lists the package, you should have the sensors. There are a few possibilities, tossed in truck, and slipped under seat or carpet; hit that station of line during break, or shift change, and replacement worker thought previous worker put in; just plain missed; or disappeared at dealer. No matter what, they owe you sensors.

Dale_K

Reaction score
OP again and I visited the dealer and stopped at the service department since it was 7:30 and the sales side hadn't opened yet. The service advisors didn't know whether I should have received the sensors but one of them had an identical truck and he was pretty interested in the outcome because he didn't get any either. After I asked what the next step was, they said I'd need to get up the salesman to have them order the sensors. I waited and spoke with the salesperson, who tried to research it and like the discussion above ran into a roadblock because nothing on the build sheet says what's included in the TTPMS. He would not order the sensors in the absence of proof that they should have been included. So that's where it stands.

The only counter-evidence I have is that the owner's manual uses the phrase "provided sensors" but that wasn't enough for the dealership.

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
OP again and I visited the dealer and stopped at the service department since it was 7:30 and the sales side hadn't opened yet. The service advisors didn't know whether I should have received the sensors but one of them had an identical truck and he was pretty interested in the outcome because he didn't get any either. After I asked what the next step was, they said I'd need to get up the salesman to have them order the sensors. I waited and spoke with the salesperson, who tried to research it and like the discussion above ran into a roadblock because nothing on the build sheet says what's included in the TTPMS. He would not order the sensors in the absence of proof that they should have been included. So that's where it stands.

The only counter-evidence I have is that the owner's manual uses the phrase "provided sensors" but that wasn't enough for the dealership.
I didn't receive the trailer sensors either with my truck. Eventually, I found a set of new OEM sensors from someone on the forum and bought them.

It didn't cross my mind to check for them in the truck at the dealer since it wasn't really a had-to-have feature. After I was home, months later, I read about the features in the manual and saw the same "provided" wording. I just didn't bother with the dealer. In hindsight, I probably should have at least inquired with them, but they're 500-miles out of state and time has passed. 😏

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I didn't receive the trailer sensors either with my truck. Eventually, I found a set of new OEM sensors from someone on the forum and bought them.

It didn't cross my mind to check for them in the truck at the dealer since it wasn't really a had-to-have feature. After I was home, months later, I read about the features in the manual and saw the same "provided" wording. I just didn't bother with the dealer. In hindsight, I probably should have at least inquired with them, but they're 500-miles out of state and time has passed. 😏
I purchased a 2nd set on ebay for $70 for my boat trailer.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
OP here - I used the sticky thread link to a build sheet and it shows the tire pressure monitoring system similar to the printout by Dewey above. I spoke to the salesman who is actually pretty knowledgeable and he thinks I'm supposed to have it and maybe I just haven't looked in every possible place. I've checked both glove boxes, both ramboxes, both floor cubbies and the center console. He wants to look himself so I'll give him that chance. I'll update the thread when I have new info.

Print out the pdf or show the dealer the info.

The TTPMS sales feature (if you have it) comes with 4 sensors. It's pretty clear from the docs. I don't see how they can deny it when you provide proof using their own info.

GunSm0ke

Reaction score
I have a '22 Limited Longhorn with the TTPMS and mine did not come with any sensors, but I didn't notice that it was supposed to until months later. I contacted my salesman and he basically said call the service department and have them order you some (at my expense of course). I didn't need them yet, so it fell off my radar. I guess I'm out of luck now since my truck was delivered 8 months ago :(. Maybe @RamCares...

Users who are viewing this thread