5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SHOCKING: Meet The All-New Ram 1500 REV Battery-Electric Pickup!

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
That's crap and you know it.
Name a single vehicle that fits the description you just made up.

If it has an ICE engine in it and electric power then it's a Hybrid.
The current Ram 1500 with eTorque is considered a (mild) hybrid and the battery does jack all to power the ICE engine.

Seems like you are trying to explain a perpetual motion machine. Using an ICE motor to charge EV batteries makes 0 sense especially if you understand anything about how batteries charge, the losses gained would be worse then just converting it over to run on the ICE engine by itself with no EV power at all.

I coped and pasted from Wiki so the only thing “made up” is the b.s. narrative in your head that you insist on pandering here on a daily basis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
You've never studied how diesel electric locomotives work have you? The diesel engine isn't used for propulsion. They are used to spin generators creating electricity for the electric motors that turn the wheels
Who is talking about diesel, or trains?
I coped and pasted from Wiki so the only thing “made up” is the b.s. narrative in your head that you insist on pandering here on a daily basis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's crap.
List a single car\truck that functions as you posted.

a hybrid switches seamlessly between electric energy and a blend of petrol and electric power, whereas an electric vehicle runs on battery power alone. If there is an ICE motor to charge the batteries only, it's technically still an EV.

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You've never studied how diesel electric locomotives work have you? The diesel engine isn't used for propulsion. They are used to spin generators creating electricity for the electric motors that turn the wheels
They also have batteries which they can use to tool around the yard, but when they head down the main line pulling a half mile of loaded cars, they're all in with diesel. They also connect multiple units to give them increased traction and the flexibility to use only the power needed for the terrain. Pretty impressive for old technology, they would be hard to replace with pure battery. Practical electrics use overhead wires or electrified rails.

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Pull em and pop the clutch bruh!

That always reminds me of a friend who had an old Ford pickup many years ago. Ring gear was chewed up, I think, and it had other things wrong with it so he didn't want to spend the money. Lived on a hill and always parked headed downhill. All he had to do was release the parking brake and give it a few seconds to pick up speed, then turn on the key, drop it in gear, and pop the clutch. Did like that for a long time until he could afford something better.

NJT3

Reaction score
****z didn't even think of that. Add wireless charging capability and you can wirelessly charge other cars around you with all the extra electricity you would be making
A couple years ago I saw article on company(forget name) making electric road material..so the wireless charging not that far fetched.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
A couple years ago I saw article on company(forget name) making electric road material..so the wireless charging not that far fetched.
Yeah, they were supposedly testing it somewhere in deserts in SW US. Along with an electronic guidance system built into the roads for sensors in cars to track

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Electric roadways or Solar roadways?
I came across this gem a couple days ago while researching something else.
this one I remember reading about several years ago and thinking it would be impossible to pull off

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Is this why we haven't heard anything about the XR, because it doesn't exist yet? 🤔
If you read that entire article it has so many bangers of quotes in it

"Stellantis, on the other hand, is struggling in China. In July last year, the automotive giant pulled the Jeep brand out of China and closed its only factory there."
"The Stellantis closed the plant after a failed attempt to take complete control of the JV with GAC. Stellantis blamed it on increased meddling by Chinese politicians in business."

"the company is already in talks with two automakers without further elaborating. Later, it was revealed that one of them is Volkswagen’s China-only brand, Jetta, and the second is Stellantis, Bloomberg reported."
China businesses need to be for China per the government, so if it works better to give it to the local China based company it will be forced, IE no matter what Stellantis provies they ain't getting it.

Do you want your Ram EV to be created and designed in China by China for the American market?

RVTRKN

Reaction score
I'm willing to bet the ratio of ICE engines versus Electric cars explosions are rather wide in comparisons. Most ICE explosions are results of horrible accidents, unlike the EV that burn in a static condition. That video was not spreading misinformation, on the contrary its educating the public.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm willing to bet the ratio of ICE engines versus Electric cars explosions are rather wide in comparisons. Most ICE explosions are results of horrible accidents, unlike the EV that burn in a static condition. That video was not spreading misinformation, on the contrary its educating the public.
Yet there have been several recent recalls for ICE vehicles catching fire while parked

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I was being sarcastic. And I was about to say that @HSKR R/T will have a rebuttal to your comment, but I was too late 😉

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/