5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SHOCKING: Meet The All-New Ram 1500 REV Battery-Electric Pickup!

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

SHOCKING: Meet The All-New Ram 1500 REV Battery-Electric Pickup!​

The First All-Electric Pickup From The Ram Brand...​

1676218512243.png

The Ram Truck brand has just made its biggest debut yet with the all-new Ram 1500 REV. This first battery-electric light-duty pickup truck will be featured later today during the Super Bowl in a 60-second commercial called “Premature Electrification”. While the styling isn’t as radical as the Ram Revolution Concept displayed last month, the production RAM REV is a more traditional-looking RAM truck sharing the current RAM 1500s cab and box sides.

Flot

Reaction score
Based on the continuous delays in information through the second half of 2022, and then the garbage "concept truck" they unveiled just a month ago, I basically canceled any plans I had for moving to an electric truck. To the point that I bought a new Limited. This is something I would have considered waiting for. (of course, zero specs etc)

Last edited:

abdavis88

Reaction score
Saloon doors really were just a concept? darn. No real interior photos yet to see if it is even close to the concept vehicle. The rest of the truck just looks like and updated RAM but I will hold final judgement until it is fully released

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Saloon doors really were just a concept? darn. No real interior photos yet to see if it is even close to the concept vehicle. The rest of the truck just looks like and updated RAM but I will hold final judgement until it is fully released

ram-1500-interior-2_ffd4740bd84a265223fed3dc541f0dce-600x400-1.jpg

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It's going to be more like the current production truck than the concept. To help keep costs down, and concepts are always over the top with features and styling. If you want an electric truck that didn't look like a truck buy the Tesla.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Based on the continuous delays in information through the second half of 2022, and then the garbage "concept truck" they unveiled just a month ago, I basically canceled any plans I had for moving to an electric truck. To the point that I bought a new Limited. This is something I would have considered waiting for. (of course, zero specs etc)
People that make comments like these usually had zero intentions of actually buying one in the first place.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I like it. I think it's a nice alternative for some, especially if they offer the rumored on-board generator. I would consider one if the specs add up and I could actually tow with it. However, I just don't see this being the gas replacement just yet.

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So it's the Ford approach. Keep the current truck, and just snap a new front end on it.

None of this matters because it'll be $30k more than the same truck with an ICE, and that's enough money to pay for 20 years worth of gasoline. To hell with this EV force-feeding.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So it's the Ford approach. Keep the current truck, and just snap a new front end on it.

None of this matters because it'll be $30k more than the same truck with an ICE, and that's enough money to pay for 20 years worth of gasoline. To hell with this EV force-feeding.
Nobody is force feeding anything. EV is an option right now.

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Several states and nations have announced plans to ban new ICE vehicles by 2030 or 2035. I’m skeptical they’ll be able to stick with these plans, but there absolutely is force feeding going on.

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So far, NY and CA are the only States that I know of that banned sales of gas cars in 2035. Used gas cars will be allowed to stay on the road and resold. We'll see in 12yrs if other States follow suite, if EV prices go down, and EV charging station infrastructure will be set. I'm just hoping gas prices doesn't sky rocket.

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
So, fees to own an EV in some states, and then surcharges in other states for owning a gasser past the deadline to convert. Our future looks bright...and expensive.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So far, NY and CA are the only States that I know of that banned sales of gas cars in 2035. Used gas cars will be allowed to stay on the road and resold. We'll see in 12yrs if other States follow suite, if EV prices go down, and EV charging station infrastructure will be set. I'm just hoping gas prices doesn't sky rocket.
It's not just NY and CA. There is a bill in Washington state (where I live) which will mandate EV only for all light duty vehicles (with few exceptions) by 2030. And there is a push in congress to pass something similar at the federal level.

What is your point that so far it's only NY and CA which have laws on the books? That's no comfort for the people who live in those states, and moving isn't really an option for them.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They probably will follow suit unfortunately. That said the CA/NY ban does allow internal combustion engines to still be sold if they are part of a hybrid system, not sure if the Ram etorque would count as a hybrid but most cars and light trucks will be hybrids by 2035.

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can I just say that Ram's "Premature Electrification" ad was brilliant!
I loved the dude with the bent fishing pole who couldn't cast out.

We can debate the merits of their engineering approach, but their marketing group is firing on all cylinders!

Kamper

Reaction score
I like it - maybe liked the brilliant Super Bowl ad even better

will I run out to buy? Not anytime soon - the "frunk" storage w ev's is pretty cool tho and it's a nice looking truck. A couple Rivian are showing up locally ... not a fan and this looks way better. The gmc advertised also similar direction - take a lot of existing truck/styling and modify as first gen EV. Gen 2 or 3 should be pretty impressive

davidn0021

Reaction score
I like it - maybe liked the brilliant Super Bowl ad even better

will I run out to buy? Not anytime soon - the "frunk" storage w ev's is pretty cool tho and it's a nice looking truck. A couple Rivian are showing up locally ... not a fan and this looks way better. The gmc advertised also similar direction - take a lot of existing truck/styling and modify as first gen EV. Gen 2 or 3 should be pretty impressive

I agree.. I wouldn't switch out to an EV truck right now, but maybe a couple generations/revisions and it could be a viable replacement. Especially once the infrastructure catches up and we can charge nearly as quickly as filling up.

ldoh

Reaction score
The concept looked nice and then this? Ugh!

Didn't Ram say it would be best in class across the board? I bet there's very little chance of that without starting from scratch. Slapping on a new front might enable Ram to make the cheapest half ton EV pickup. But that's about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/