5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shining a Spotlight on Essential Workers #WorkForHome

ChPeter

Reaction score
I’m working in the power generation industry - servicing engines, with a single cylinder having bigger diplacement then a Hemi - and having a truck is a must for carrying all my tools (or only myself).

Doing a 700 mile road trip few days ago, in the comfort of my ‘19 Laramie was much better experience, then seeing the world’s busiest airports as ghost towns (1 month ago Pittsburgh departures having no cars at the curb, 2 weeks ago IAH, 14 airport / airline employees and me)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kevinssaco

Reaction score
Mine is getting is getting me to and from work at Jabil Healthcare. I'm an assembly Engineer. We manufacture a COVID-19 test for Roche as well as other life saving pharmaceutical devices for other suppliers like Ely Lilly, Teva, and more. Keeping the pharmacies, hospitals and doctor's offices stocked. It's an essential job with a dwindling staff due to a few illnesses and also fear for their loved ones. It's good to know my Ram is always dependable and comfortable with everything else going on in the world that isn't.

Martinwelsh

Reaction score
As Ram truck owners, you know better than anyone that your truck is one of the toughest vehicles on the road. While many of us are remaining inside, we have a strong feeling that a lot of our Ram family members are still out there using their trucks to provide support to those at the front lines, or even using their truck to get to that front line battle safely.

With that, we wanted to reach out and let a light shine on those of you who are considered essential workers. We would love to hear from you and learn about the ways in which your truck is supporting you (as you support others) in this time of crisis. Further than that, we wanted to create a clean thread for people to have the opportunity to drop a line of gratitude to those front line workers who do pop in here to share their story.

Thank you all for making this community so strong!

-Ram Cares
my ram takes to work where We changed over from making whiskey to hand sanitizer fit John Hopkins and other surrounding hospitals

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Good afternoon all,

Special thanks to @Snwjnky, @Swifty, @ChPeter, @Fatherof3, @kevinssaco, @AmericanRebelution, and @Martinwelsh for taking the time to engage here! I do really want to emphasize the advice of @Snwjnky as it is so crucial for our sewage system!! Thank you all for doing your part to ensure that essential functions of our society continue to operate as we need them to. It is especially nice to hear the common theme from @ChPeter, @kevinssaco, and @AmericanRebelution that your trucks can provide a positive experience amidst such turbulent times.

Lastly I've heard of distilleries doing this, @Martinwelsh, but it is very neat to have someone here with us whose company has made the shift given the times. I hope that you can get back to making that whiskey very soon!

Mark
RamCares

Swifty

Reaction score
I’m a manager of a critical care unit at a large hospital. My Ram is my escape from our current reality. After a tough day, taking a ride on some back roads or even off-road allows me to clear my head.
first off thank you . I can only imagine what you have to go through on a daily basis hopefully you have a great support system in place. taking time to take care of yourself whether it be talking with people or driving back roads or off roading is crucial to your mental well being stay safe and keep fighting

AmericanRebelution

Reaction score
first off thank you . I can only imagine what you have to go through on a daily basis hopefully you have a great support system in place. taking time to take care of yourself whether it be talking with people or driving back roads or off roading is crucial to your mental well being stay safe and keep fighting
Thank you for the kind words. The support of the community has been unbelievable. Everyone in my unit is honored to do the work we do.

Pe2n3d1

Reaction score
My RAM is in need of essential repairs so I’m using my wife’s Pacifica to get to/from work in the meantime.

Attachments

• 9077416E-FFC2-4CB6-897B-667CE02483BF.jpeg
    9077416E-FFC2-4CB6-897B-667CE02483BF.jpeg
    161.4 KB · Views: 13

bryan28

Reaction score
I drive my Ram to work at a Walmart Distribution Center. I am a WM dedicated driver delivering refrigerated food items to nearby WM stores. And I, for one, take pride in doing my small part during these times and appreciate those who take notice of what all essential workers are doing.

Users who are viewing this thread