5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shining a Spotlight on Essential Workers #WorkForHome

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
As Ram truck owners, you know better than anyone that your truck is one of the toughest vehicles on the road. While many of us are remaining inside, we have a strong feeling that a lot of our Ram family members are still out there using their trucks to provide support to those at the front lines, or even using their truck to get to that front line battle safely.

With that, we wanted to reach out and let a light shine on those of you who are considered essential workers. We would love to hear from you and learn about the ways in which your truck is supporting you (as you support others) in this time of crisis. Further than that, we wanted to create a clean thread for people to have the opportunity to drop a line of gratitude to those front line workers who do pop in here to share their story.

Thank you all for making this community so strong!

-Ram Cares

Chippewa

Reaction score
Being a MOPAR guy. I like getting im my Ram each morning on my way to fix or build a substation. On thisgood friday pack a bag because annoying winds came thru knocking power out. Also my company switched to a Ram fleet an I get to rub it into my coworkers that Ram razz me.
Face masks up an out I go.

Jack Whitefield

Reaction score
Grocery distributors, grocery stores, and grocery store employees, are the true heroes. In these strange times, they are literally one of the vital links between having a boring daily life, or being thrown into absolute chaos. Without their services, we would be killing each other for food, in a matter of weeks.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I work in the electric power industry. And I'm thankful that my job is considered to be supporting critical infastructure. I don't directly keep the lights on, but the protective relays I test are pretty good at doing that. My Ram gets me to work and back home every day. To anyone who isn't able to work right now, my thoughts and prayers are with you. And I'd buy any one of you a beer when this is finally over.

RamCares

Reaction score
Hi all (@Seadweller23 @2019REBEL @hellmans @ddharris @Chippewa @lharrell799 @skidoosctt @mikeru82),

Thank you very much for taking the time to participate here! It certainly means a lot, at least on my end, to read about the ways in which everyone here is playing a part in what we are facing. From @Seadweller23 making parts that hold together face shields for our medical professionals to @mikeru82 ensuring that his end of the electrical bargain is held up, it really is a collaborative community effort that keeps us going. We salute each and every one of you still out there in the field, and we hope that everyone is staying safe and healthy.

Mark
RamCares

Spinar

Reaction score
mine takes me a nuclear service tech and my wife a frontline nurse to work and home in comfort and security
to all out there still working THANK YOU!!!!!
from the grocery store employees to the truck drivers to the lady at timmys handing me my coffee
THANK YOU
stay safe

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I work at a local CDJR dealership and we are "essential". We were eventually split into 2 teams and have a 2-on 2-off schedule. I still use my rig to take guys to lunch (drive-through) - (they always make comments about how much room there is in the back seat).

Sure, there are some issues of course with any new year build, but I love this truck. I still own a Chevy 2500, but I drive this Ram 1500 every day! .. I no longer have to remind the guys to "watch their shins" when they open the doors (the auto-deploying running boards) :)

I love the RAMBOXs as well for small groceries (I reuse paper to put things in instead of having like 5-6 plastic which isn't easily recycled around my area).

I do miss the Durango R/T, but this rig is growing on me more and more each day.

2020BigHorn

Reaction score
Mine takes me back and forth to work in law enforcement. I do drive a Charger as my work vehicle, so I guess even if it’s not a RAM, a Chrysler vehicle helps me do my essential job.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My RAM takes me to my Jobsite where we’re building one of the only projects left open for the public transportation of the light rail.
3AC2FDF8-0F2F-4DAB-B9B2-CF263D5CA911.jpeg

Last edited:

RamCares

Reaction score
Hi @Spinar @Diamondback @Biga @2020BigHorn & @z0n3,

Thank you for taking the time to participate, you all further indicate just how unique of an ownership group we have here! The work that you are doing out there in your communities is not going unnoticed and we are certainly grateful for you on our end. @Diamondback it is especially interesting to hear about your situation, and the way that you and your team are getting through it. You are the man for those lunch runs! And @2020BigHorn - it is awesome to hear that you are able to take advantage of the capabilities of both your truck and the Charger. Thank you for serving your community!

Thanks again to everyone, I am very grateful for you taking the time to share here.

Mark
RamCares

Snwjnky

Reaction score
My Rebel takes me to work where I help protect the public health and the environment by maintaining the public sewer mains in 21 different cities and towns.
With all these people sheltering in place, there's a lot of impact on the sewer system.
Do your local sewer system, and workers, a favor and don't flush flushable wipes. They don't break down like TP.
Our workgroup was split into shifts/days to lessen the possibility of everyone getting COVID.
I thank everyone still working whenever I get the chance.
Thank you! :poop:(y)

Swifty

Reaction score
Mine gets me to work at a cjdr dealership we are a business link dealer also and repair university police town police And state police vehicles ambulances Verizon trucks etc
as essential as that is I do not envy the medical personnel or grocery store workers who never know if or when someone may be sick around them

hellmans

Reaction score
I work at a local CDJR dealership and we are "essential". We were eventually split into 2 teams and have a 2-on 2-off schedule. I still use my rig to take guys to lunch (drive-through) - (they always make comments about how much room there is in the back seat).

Sure, there are some issues of course with any new year build, but I love this truck. I still own a Chevy 2500, but I drive this Ram 1500 every day! .. I no longer have to remind the guys to "watch their shins" when they open the doors (the auto-deploying running boards) :)

I love the RAMBOXs as well for small groceries (I reuse paper to put things in instead of having like 5-6 plastic which isn't easily recycled around my area).

I do miss the Durango R/T, but this rig is growing on me more and more each day.
2 on 2 off got to suck ..if your a flat rate tech

Users who are viewing this thread