5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Settings and apps screens won't display after the last UC5 update

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Last night, my UC5 updated and since then I cannot access the settings screen and the apps screen.
I press either button on the lower menu and the settings screen displays a blank background and remains that way until I select another screen. The apps screen momentarily displays and briefly shows a loading status, then it goes back to the home screen, all within a second.

Also, I have shortcut buttons to my rear and aux camera on my home page. When I select either, the screen changes, but there is no video displayed. If I don't select the cameras first and put the transmission in reverse, the rear camera does work and I can select the aux camera from that screen and it works too.

I repeatedly reset the unit by holding the power and tuner buttons in, but this didn't change anything.
@RamCares any ideas? Or anyone?

My system was working fine prior to this and I had no complaints. Now I'm not so pleased. How can I get my settings and apps screen to work again?

Thank you.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hi cskindt,

Thanks for tag! I'm sorry this happened after receiving the update. Our team has been tagged in similar threads regarding the same concerns you're seeing, and we've escalated them to our internal teams for more details. We've seen some members on the forum perform a soft reset by holding the power button for at least 10 seconds as a temporary workaround, but we'll return once further updates are shared to address this. Please feel welcome to PM us your VIN anytime and we can document a case on your behalf. We thank you for your patience!

Steph
Ram Cares

Roman2179

Reaction score
Change to a different user profile and see if the menus come back. You might need to recreate your user profile.

UTgrizzly

Reaction score
Thanks.
It's back in service. Details are in the other thread.
I am new here and came looking for answers because I am having the same issue but switching profiles didn’t seem to work for me. Can you send me a link to the other thread?

UTgrizzly

Reaction score
So I have to update my status because changing profiles did work, just not the way I was thinking. Originally I thought if I temporarily switched to another profile and then back to mine it would solve it. However that didn’t work. But I did copy my original profile settings into a new profile and once I switched to the new profile everything was back to working. If I switch to my original profile it’s still malfunctioning, but my new profile works just fine. It doesn’t make any sense but there it is. I’m still going to the dealership for a full check up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/