5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Service Electronic Stability Control Message and light.

rlhanna1

Reaction score
Where to begin….
Just purchased a brand new 22 1500 bighorn on 9/8 with 12 miles on it. While driving with 46 miles on odometer service electronic stability control message popped up and light illuminated. Parked the truck and restarted it, both the message and light were gone and nothing stored. Went to the dealer and had the truck scanned. Two codes came up P258b- electronic vacuum pump performance and c1252-92 vacuum pump control circuit performance- performance or incorrect operation. Service manager said drive the truck and see if the message and light come back. Next morning on the way to shift both light and message come back. Called the manager and was told to bring the truck in first thing Monday morning. They scanned the truck and found both codes still, so they tested the vacuum pump and it failed so they order a new pump and supposedly fixed the truck and had it back to me 6 days after bringing it in. When I picked up the truck it had 148 on the odometer and while driving all of 10 miles home both the message and light came back, of course this was a Saturday night and nothing could be done. I drove it home parked and turned it back on and both the message and light were gone. Drove around all day Sunday and nothing came up. Tuesday morning ram the truck back by the dealer now with 230 on the odometer and had it scanned. No active faults and only the two same stores codes, service manager said keep the truck and see what happens. Now this morning 291 on the odometer both the light and message pop up, but when I restart the truck after getting to shift nothing no light or message stored.

Sorry for the long story but this is where I’m at today. Has anyone else experienced issues with the service ESC message and light? I won’t be able to make it to the dealer till Saturday morning so I won’t have any idea till then. Any input is appreciated.

Thanks, Rob

Attachments

• 306468A3-60CC-4344-8661-EA429CD4208D.jpeg
    306468A3-60CC-4344-8661-EA429CD4208D.jpeg
    80.8 KB · Views: 35
  • DC2BB1AC-B7B0-4A84-B4E7-CB74EFBF38BB.jpeg
    DC2BB1AC-B7B0-4A84-B4E7-CB74EFBF38BB.jpeg
    80.5 KB · Views: 34
  • BF457E30-8D19-498C-9EC3-49D0500A9276.jpeg
    BF457E30-8D19-498C-9EC3-49D0500A9276.jpeg
    75.4 KB · Views: 34

Quint

Reaction score
I'd park it at the dealer, ask for a loaner truck, and tell them not to give it back to you until it's got 500 miles on it without any codes. These things happen. I've bought three new vehicles that had problems out of the gate, including my previous 2015 Ram that was peeing tranny fluid out the pan for the first 50 miles until I noticed it.

The key is to be persistent now that they've had the opportunity to fix it but failed. Be the squeaky wheel that needs the grease.

15004x42022

Reaction score
Where to begin….
Just purchased a brand new 22 1500 bighorn on 9/8 with 12 miles on it. While driving with 46 miles on odometer service electronic stability control message popped up and light illuminated. Parked the truck and restarted it, both the message and light were gone and nothing stored. Went to the dealer and had the truck scanned. Two codes came up P258b- electronic vacuum pump performance and c1252-92 vacuum pump control circuit performance- performance or incorrect operation. Service manager said drive the truck and see if the message and light come back. Next morning on the way to shift both light and message come back. Called the manager and was told to bring the truck in first thing Monday morning. They scanned the truck and found both codes still, so they tested the vacuum pump and it failed so they order a new pump and supposedly fixed the truck and had it back to me 6 days after bringing it in. When I picked up the truck it had 148 on the odometer and while driving all of 10 miles home both the message and light came back, of course this was a Saturday night and nothing could be done. I drove it home parked and turned it back on and both the message and light were gone. Drove around all day Sunday and nothing came up. Tuesday morning ram the truck back by the dealer now with 230 on the odometer and had it scanned. No active faults and only the two same stores codes, service manager said keep the truck and see what happens. Now this morning 291 on the odometer both the light and message pop up, but when I restart the truck after getting to shift nothing no light or message stored.

Sorry for the long story but this is where I’m at today. Has anyone else experienced issues with the service ESC message and light? I won’t be able to make it to the dealer till Saturday morning so I won’t have any idea till then. Any input is appreciated.

Thanks, Rob
Hey Rob, we have a 2022 1500 with 7500 miles and just got the “service electronic stability control” light and message as well as service auto start/stop message and light. Any updates on your situation? Trying to get this sorted out and pretty frustrated about it. Thanks in advance.

J

@JC

Reaction score
As always, the first step with any new FCA/STLA vehicle is to double check your fuses. Many times they come from the factory loose, causing error messages to randomly pop up.

BlkRAM_MD

Reaction score
Having the same issue (21 Laramie with 22,000 miles). Start Stop and Stability Control lights came on yesterday morning. Shut off the truck, and then drove it last night with no error. On the way back from dropping my kids at school today, lights came back on. @15004x42022 any resolutions?

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hey @BlkRAM_MD ,

Sorry to hear you are experiencing this, we certainly understand why this would be concerning. If you end up addressing this with your local dealer, please let us know via PM. We'd be more than happy to provide you with an additional layer of assistance for that process.

Callie
Ram Cares

BlkRAM_MD

Reaction score
Update on truck…. Dealer replaced vacuum pump today per codes. Cleared the codes, went for a test drive, no codes. They let the truck sit and drove it again and the service start/stop and service abs lights popped up minutes into the drive. They are keeping the truck to continue diagnostics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlkRAM_MD

Reaction score
Replaced wiring harness for vacuum pump and brake module. Brake module was leaking causing the vacuum pump to fail.

Rotz

Reaction score
Can a weak battery cause the service electronic stability code to appear Truck is in 1st gear & there is no lite on showing if it is 2 wheel drive.

justinlooney

Reaction score
Replaced wiring harness for vacuum pump and brake module. Brake module was leaking causing the vacuum pump to fail.
Do you have a part number for the brake module? Do you know what exactly they were considering the brake module? Having same issue.

Last edited:

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hello @justinlooney!

If you elect to visit a dealership regarding the above. Let us know! We're also here as a means of support.

Hannah
Ram Cares

Users who are viewing this thread