5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Self driving 1500 limited

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Glad to see you all moving to the Comma. I have over 8000 miles, including a lot of testing for the men that do all the hard work in getting it going (kudos to Castle, Prim, Malodave, Tunder, Vince, String and geohot.) You have done a fine job. And to all you noobs, welcome aboard.

chronorp

Reaction score
I popped the big trim piece off first, and even popped the mirror off its stalk. I still could not reach behind the trim to get that small plastic piece out.

I did not do all that. I loosened (but not removed) the bolts holding the grab handle on. I did not pull any trim/moulding/weatherstripping off of anything. The cable tucked in behind easily and I can't see it.

I ran mine starting from the OBD port and going up. I had plenty of length to spare when I got to the top to plug it into the black box. @chronorp, maybe you routed the cable under the bottom edge of the lower dash, instead of through it from the side? If you run it through the side, there should be a few more inches of slack for you.

Yup you were right, you could squeeze it between the dash and the door frame to get some extra length.

I also pulled the the A pillar trim off (easy, 2x 10mm bolts) per Malodave’s suggestion and taped the cable forward of the airbag just to be safe.

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Glad to see you all moving to the Comma. I have over 8000 miles, including a lot of testing for the men that do all the hard work in getting it going (kudos to Castle, Prim, Malodave, Tunder, Vince, String and geohot.) You have done a fine job. And to all you noobs, welcome aboard.

I installed mine on July 29. I already have over 4000 miles on it. And it has improved vastly just in that time.

So awesome! Thank you to you and all the others you mentioned.

txramguy910

Reaction score
I’m just about to pull the trigger on the comma 3 for my Limited 1500. Very interested in the progress being made toward getting it to work on the HD trucks as well, specifically the 3500. I’ve seen some links posted for Discord, but none of them work for me. Can someone please send me an invite for Discord so I can do some more research?

Users who are viewing this thread