5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Self Applied Ceramic Coating Reviews

Saskatchewman

Reaction score
I used the Sonax CC36 kit. Worked awesome. Just like everyone else has said. It is all about the prep. Even the guys selling the coating admit the biggest cost is the prep time.

_StangPGH

Reaction score
Teaser pic, started the Adams kit. I clayed and only had to do a very light pass with Adams correcting polish on their orange pad. I'm pretty impressed with the factory paint (Max Steel).

Liking the Adams kit so far however the Sonax is a little easier to work with being an aerosol and I like their little applicators. The Adams does seem to be giving a better finish. This is before curing or the boost.
d33fc157f0b6808dbd447a93441e6c2e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Gave my truck a wash this morning and it promptly poured rain when I got home. I used the Megiuars hybrid ceramic wax. It beads good, time will tell for how long. 33164

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Teaser pic, started the Adams kit. I clayed and only had to do a very light pass with Adams correcting polish on their orange pad. I'm pretty impressed with the factory paint (Max Steel).

Liking the Adams kit so far however the Sonax is a little easier to work with being an aerosol and I like their little applicators. The Adams does seem to be giving a better finish. This is before curing or the boost.
d33fc157f0b6808dbd447a93441e6c2e.jpg

Truck looks really good already.

Is this the kit you are using? https://www.amazon.com/Adams-Ceramic-Paint-Coating-Protection/dp/B01NA7LKEO

_StangPGH

Reaction score

GraniteRam

Reaction score
Final results. Couldn't find any sun to show off that metal flake.

26c691d36e89f443fe1cd9d3382479f1.jpg
76f866b0668ccadd2f1f395ab55febf3.jpg
5b5b6ab589ee8ce075a1427092b5f4d0.jpg

What's your recommendation for polish for new truck that has no swirls before coating?

AMG16

Reaction score
I used Wolfgang finishing glaze. It says glaze but is a light polish. I used it on my 2016 kia when I first got it. and it came out amazing. I followed it up with the Wolfgang deep paint sealant. Car to this day looks flawless.

I didn’t want anything heavy either since the paint was great just wanted to make it perfect!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AMG16

Reaction score
They got the kit on Adams for $120 I may try it. Just the thought of having to polish this big *** truck

GraniteRam

Reaction score
I used Wolfgang finishing glaze. It says glaze but is a light polish. I used it on my 2016 kia when I first got it. and it came out amazing. I followed it up with the Wolfgang deep paint sealant. Car to this day looks flawless.

I didn’t want anything heavy either since the paint was great just wanted to make it perfect!

I have some chemical guy's V38 finish polish, would that work?

GraniteRam

Reaction score
Ok... here’s the deal. Only clay bar if you need to (feels rough to the touch). If you claybar, you will almost always need to polish afterwards, so only clay it if needed.

The hood has some trash embedded in the paint, I could feel it grab the microfiber towel. I'm assuming rail dust or industrial fallout.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
The hood has some trash embedded in the paint, I could feel it grab the microfiber towel. I'm assuming rail dust or industrial fallout.
Got it. Then you are right on track. Iron X or equivalent to clean fallout as much as possible first. Then claybar.
Once you’ve done that, I would use a fine polisher like Meg’s M205/210 or equivalent with a finishing pad to get you to the finish line before applying ceramic.

Last edited:

_StangPGH

Reaction score
What's your recommendation for polish for new truck that has no swirls before coating?
I used Adams correcting polish on their orange pad. It's light and probably could have used a white pad as I didn't have any swirls or scratches.

Flosstradamus

Reaction score
I’ve seen a plethora of information on this forum for professionally applied ceramic coatings. As some have expressed I am a little skeptical to spend $1,500-2,000 on a coating.

That got my looking into self applied coatings. I’ve been looking at something like gTechniqs Crystal serum lite kit. ( link below)

Has anyone used this, if so how was the application process, easy to make mistakes, how much paint prep did it require, and lastly how did it turn out?

If you haven’t used something like this what have you used? Hybrid waxes, hybrid ceramic sprays?

Thanks for any replies!

I love Gtechniq. I've been using them for a bunch of vehicles and its super easy to apply and work with.

Users who are viewing this thread