5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Second owner issue activating SiriusXM Guardian

Boyvan

Reaction score
Hello all....I am just ranting but if anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate it.

I bought a 2019 Ram 1500 Ltd. eight (8) months ago. So I am the 2nd owner. I have been trying to activate SiriusXM Guardian & Hotspot for the past 2-3 months but no success so far. I just wanted to try all the features at least once especially on a long road trip.

I contacted them through UConnect and they required Proof of ownership (fair enough). So they emailed me a link and said to submit proof of ownership through that. I did that and waited couple of weeks and then called them back. Apparently they said that they did not receive my information still.

So I emailed them again using the link they sent and uploaded the document and then waited again for couple of weeks. This time was told their link is not working and they cannot see / receive anything that was uploaded using the link. They want me to post-mail it to them and I have a feeling it will get lost again.

I am in Canada by the way, and was told by a friend that UConnect system is not as nice (accessible) to us Canadians as they are to Americans....I am starting to believe that now....lol

Any tip or tricks in making them believe I am the owner would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Reaction score
I am the second owner of my truck too and the first thing i did was contact them so they could cancel out any previous account related to my vehicle as it does let the previous owner still track and remotely start the vehicle if it was still in their introductory offer. I just wanted to be cautious. I did have to email proof of ownership and I believe I may have had to do it twice, but i called and followed up to make sure it was done.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I don't know if it's the same for Ram but with my Silverado you can call them from inside the truck and that generally was good as "proof of ownership"

I also had remote control and gps tracking of my truck for months after I sold it to Carmax and they sold it to someone in NH who I have their home address at an apartment complex.

I may or may not of triggered the alarm at night (and turned it off) for a few weeks to mess with people until it the geniuses at Onstar called ME to ask if I wanted to subscribe my truck (that I sold and already had the free 5 year trial for).

Boyvan

Reaction score
I don't know if it's the same for Ram but with my Silverado you can call them from inside the truck and that generally was good as "proof of ownership"

I also had remote control and gps tracking of my truck for months after I sold it to Carmax and they sold it to someone in NH who I have their home address at an apartment complex.

I may or may not of triggered the alarm at night (and turned it off) for a few weeks to mess with people until it the geniuses at Onstar called ME to ask if I wanted to subscribe my truck (that I sold and already had the free 5 year trial for)

I called UConnect from my Truck both times but they want documents.....(which is fine I guess), every company is different. Perhaps its different rules for Canadians (privacy wise). I am not too worried about the previous owner....he's an extended family member. He had leased it for 3 years and I bought it since it was in a very good condition.

Crawpapa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not to hijack the OPs thread, but is the Guardian option available on 2019s? Im unfamiliar with this system -even though I have Sirius-, so just wondering if it’s because of the year.

Last edited:

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Or to hijack the OPs thread, but is the Guardian option available on 2019s? Im unfamiliar with this system -even though I have Sirius-, so just wondering if it’s because of the year.
2019-2021 should be.
2022 changed the subscriptions.

Boyvan

Reaction score
Or to hijack the OPs thread, but is the Guardian option available on 2019s? Im unfamiliar with this system -even though I have Sirius-, so just wondering if it’s because of the year.
Mine is 2019 and I am pretty sure I have seen Sirius XM Guardian on my 12 inch screen.....not sure what it does yet but I have seen the logo

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hello all....I am just ranting but if anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate it.

I bought a 2019 Ram 1500 Ltd. eight (8) months ago. So I am the 2nd owner. I have been trying to activate SiriusXM Guardian & Hotspot for the past 2-3 months but no success so far. I just wanted to try all the features at least once especially on a long road trip.

I contacted them through UConnect and they required Proof of ownership (fair enough). So they emailed me a link and said to submit proof of ownership through that. I did that and waited couple of weeks and then called them back. Apparently they said that they did not receive my information still.

So I emailed them again using the link they sent and uploaded the document and then waited again for couple of weeks. This time was told their link is not working and they cannot see / receive anything that was uploaded using the link. They want me to post-mail it to them and I have a feeling it will get lost again.

I am in Canada by the way, and was told by a friend that UConnect system is not as nice (accessible) to us Canadians as they are to Americans....I am starting to believe that now....lol

Any tip or tricks in making them believe I am the owner would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Hello,

Thank you for grabbing our attention on this. Have you tried reaching out to our Canadian Customer Care line?

1-800-465-2001

William
Ram Cares

Boyvan

Reaction score
Hello,

Thank you for grabbing our attention on this. Have you tried reaching out to our Canadian Customer Care line?

1-800-465-2001

William
Ram Cares
Hello William,

I haven't called "1-800-465-2001". So far I only contacted them through my Truck. I will call them and see what they say.

Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread