5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seat air vents in Rebel

Bookem

Reaction score
Has anyone heard anymore news on this?
I just took home a Rebel this past weekend for an extended test drive... had the Rebel 12 package, fully loaded as it could be... but of course no cooling/vented seats. I live in southern Louisiana and that is the only thing holding me back from buying that Rebel. I'm still confused as to why RAM took such a big step and added the "Rebel 12" package for luxury and leave out options that are offered in the Laramie.
I spoke with 2 dealerships on this and mentioned that the Canada models were being built with the extra options, but they couldn't say whether or not that would come to the US. (They just didn't know)
The sales manager did mention that the majority of Rebel models were built in Canada, and shipped here.
Not sure how true this is.

My Rebel was built in the US. If you look at the VIN and the first number is a 1, 4, or 5 then it was manufactured in the US

Rebel Yell

Reaction score
Who's gonna guinea pig their truck first? I've already experimented enough with mine in the last 3 weeks.

https://www.amazon.com/Champion-Seat-Ventilation-System/dp/B00CSZ4HGS

I just recently ordered a Rebel with the Rebel 12 package so it will have the leather seats. However, I don't think the leather seats that come with the 2019 Rebel are perforated. If I am correct then I don't think that vent system will work or at least not work to the degree we would like for comfort. Did anyone explore this further? I think its a great idea, just not sure it will work properly or be cost effective I did ask a local auto place that does this type of install and they said a min of $200 per seat. That is more that the cost of the system and to do both front seats could cost $700 or more for parts and installation.

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Rebel Yell

Reaction score
Very tempting - it's just a few Brushless computer fans a harness and some plastic geo-tex material... I could alibaba this for like $40 or less... maybe this summer; bookmarking this thread for future haha

Keep us posted would love to know how it turns out!! Its not the cost of the parts or the system for me. Comfortzone has something similar to what you posted only they use blowers instead of fans which might work a little better. Both systems are close in price points. The biggest concern I have are the leather seats themselves. In talking with people it seems that perforated leather is an absolute must for these things to work properly.

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
In talking with people it seems that perforated leather is an absolute must for these things to work properly.

Definitely will post up - I also have another retrofit idea in mind that I need to prototype asap which could be a plug'n'play for all seat types

I have the pleather/fabric center'd seats in my Rebel, so I believe I'd be able to embed fans in the foam fairly easily, but with leather I'm sure that's a whole other ballgame

Rebel Yell

Reaction score
For sure if you have the vinyl/cloth seats you should be good. The cloth will allow the air to move freely. I got the Rebel 12 package so it comes with leather seats which is where the vented seats would be most beneficial, but ironically for some reason FCA/RAM leaves it out of the leather luxury option for the Rebel. Go figure

2019SteelRebel

Reaction score
I am interested as well. Have the Rebel 12 package and miss the vented seats from my sport.

Rebel Yell

Reaction score
My Rebel 12 leather seats are perforated. I'll probably do this mod in two or three months.
Swag, Interesting that your seats are perforated. I was told that they were not truly perforated and that in order to make a vent system work properly you would have to remove the seat covers, have them unstitched and laser perforated, then sew them together and re-install. The price for doing that would be crazy high in my opinion. All second hand info, but the source was someone who makes the aftermarket ventilation systems and does installs for RAM dealers for whatever that is worth.
Would love to know how it goes for you. Please share when you decide to take this on and let us know how it turns out.

Chuckasarus

Reaction score
Does 2019 Rebel come with vented seats? Any option to get them? When building one out online, I can’t find any reference.
I own a 2019 Ram Rebel. I is equipped with the Leather and heated seats. It is the Rebel 12 which has the 12” screen. I would like it even more if it had ventilated seats.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I own a 2019 Ram Rebel. I is equipped with the Leather and heated seats. It is the Rebel 12 which has the 12” screen. I would like it even more if it had ventilated seats.
Thank you all for reminding me of one of my favorite features (here in Texas). My Ram is the first vehicle we’ve owned with ventilated seats. Summer is coming!

Neokane

Reaction score
So, looking at parts diagrams, it appears that 4 parts are needed per seat, then a reprogram to show up on the controls tab of uconnect.

BLOWER. SEAT BACK. - 68267093AC - $84.94
VENTILATION BAG. Seat Back - 68267089AB - $31.40
BLOWER. SEAT CUSHION. - 68267092AD - $86.23
VENTILATION BAG. Seat Cushion. - 68267081AC - $41.81

$244.38 plus reprogram. (per seat)

Looks like the build codes are
CAJ VENTILATED FRONT SEATS
X8Z SEAT PARTS MODULE

2019SteelRebel

Reaction score
So, looking at parts diagrams, it appears that 4 parts are needed per seat, then a reprogram to show up on the controls tab of uconnect.

X8Z SEAT PARTS MODULE
Have you been able to purchase and install the parts? Is your plan to purchase and then have the dealer install so they can reprogram all at once? Keep us updated on your plans. This is an upgrade I would do right away if it can be done.

Thanks!

Rebel Randy

Reaction score
I've had two trucks with ventilated seats, a Ram and a Ford. Both worked well when new but after a while I think the seats get clogged with dust where you can barely feel the fans working to cool the seats. Imo they're not worth the expense and hassle.

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I haven't had time to attack this project yet, but if someone wants inspiration, I came across a really detailed video

RAMpage

Reaction score
I think I only used the A/C seats 4-5x in my last Laramie (2015) but I would have opted for them if it was an inexpensive upgrade. Wasn't an option here in Canada either - and the leather upgrade package was quite pricey so I didn't get it. Def curious how easy it would be to add in the actual OEM parts and make them vented. Might have to add that to the future mod list.

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
not on my end - never made the time to test the retrofit, but I'm mulling around my v2 'easy install' option. I may see about doing some 3D mockups before summer this year though

hali

Reaction score

X8Z SEAT PARTS MODULE

Hiiii, Any updates on this???

Users who are viewing this thread