5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seat air vents in Rebel

Neokane

Reaction score
Sorry, I have not made any progress. Winter came and I didn't care about ventilated seats!

Stevenc150

Reaction score
Any chance this will be an option in 21? Only thing that may keep me from getting a rebel
Same...part of why I opted for the Fr/Rear heat & vented seats of the Lhorn. (A shame cause i loved my rebels...)

Ram_Feste

Reaction score
Same...part of why I opted for the Fr/Rear heat & vented seats of the Lhorn. (A shame cause i loved my rebels...)

Ditto, really wanted a Ram after coming from Raptors, which I still love too, but the vented seats front and rear on the longhorn, plus all of the bells and whistles on my loaded longhorn outshined the rebel (which really wasn't in the same league as the Raptor anyway). I would be let down with that aspect, so went with luxury/ride comfort instead of sport/off-road capability), since I already have a Jeep for that anyway.

Last edited:

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So, looking at parts diagrams, it appears that 4 parts are needed per seat, then a reprogram to show up on the controls tab of uconnect.

BLOWER. SEAT BACK. - 68267093AC - $84.94
VENTILATION BAG. Seat Back - 68267089AB - $31.40
BLOWER. SEAT CUSHION. - 68267092AD - $86.23
VENTILATION BAG. Seat Cushion. - 68267081AC - $41.81

$244.38 plus reprogram. (per seat)

Looks like the build codes are
CAJ VENTILATED FRONT SEATS
X8Z SEAT PARTS MODULE
I know this thread is full of "Anyone done this?", but did you follow up on OEM or were you just showing parts? Looks like the price has slightly decreased to about $200 per seat plus reprogram. Alpha OBD and $400 isn't terrible for ventilated seats. I used them in my co-worker's Laramie, and they're nice when it's 100+F with 80%+ humidity (yay Memphis...).

avssuc

Reaction score
I know this thread is full of "Anyone done this?", but did you follow up on OEM or were you just showing parts? Looks like the price has slightly decreased to about $200 per seat plus reprogram. Alpha OBD and $400 isn't terrible for ventilated seats. I used them in my co-worker's Laramie, and they're nice when it's 100+F with 80%+ humidity (yay Memphis...).

As someone about to purchase a Rebel in the New Orleans area, I agree.

Wouldn't a dude need to get new leather put on if he were to attempt to do this in his garage? The interwebs are a bit empty on this topic.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As someone about to purchase a Rebel in the New Orleans area, I agree.

Wouldn't a dude need to get new leather put on if he were to attempt to do this in his garage? The interwebs are a bit empty on this topic.
Trying to figure it out without going into a dealer to mess around with seats in other trucks. My dealers aren't that great. It'd be really nice right to have them right about now when it's 80 F and 87% humidity at 7AM.

brental1

Reaction score
Hiiii, Any updates on this???
I'm looking for fasteners to secure blowers. Anyone have PN or specs? Are they screws or Christmas trees?

I'm in the process of ordering the parts now. I show different PNs--maybe because of supersession since your post. Backs are common-
68552536AA Bladder around $31 X2
68552538AA Motor (blower) around $43. X2

Cushions bags are not common:
68552532AA Bladder R around $43 X1
68552535AA Bladder L around $39 X1
Cushion Motors (blowers) are common
68552537 AA Rear Cushion Motor (blower) around $90 (wonder why they cost so much more?) X2

Also need Control module to make heat/vent work
85130211AC Module $300+ X1

Users who are viewing this thread