5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seat air vents in Rebel

Whiskeymike

Reaction score
Does 2019 Rebel come with vented seats? Any option to get them? When building one out online, I can’t find any reference.

Ram92131

Reaction score
I don't think they are offered. That's a bummer for me... I have them in my Jeep Grand Cherokee and would really miss them. But that's with leather seats... not sure how much of a difference it makes for cloth seats like the Rebel.

As it stands, that and the lack of the 12" screen keeps me from running out and buying a maxed-out Rebel tomorrow. I have to think about a Limited or Laramie Longhorn and I just don't find those as appealing.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does 2019 Rebel come with vented seats? Any option to get them? When building one out online, I can’t find any reference.
You could go with a Laramie Sport with the Off-Road package.

Bwarren2

Reaction score
Are you saying there are no heated seats or air cooled seats w the rebel or both? what about heated steering wheel?

Whiskeymike

Reaction score
I tried the build configurator and couldn’t find the Laramie option for 4x4.

Can you upgrade Rebel to leather?

This is really disappointing. Seems like an odd feature to care much about. But I’m a big guy and the vent makes long trips so much better for avoiding swamp ***.

farf02

2019 Rebel
Reaction score
I tried the build configurator and couldn’t find the Laramie option for 4x4.

Can you upgrade Rebel to leather?

This is really disappointing. Seems like an odd feature to care much about. But I’m a big guy and the vent makes long trips so much better for avoiding swamp ***.

Not factory. I had 3 Sports before my last Laramie, all of the Sports had the pleather/cloth combo seat while the Laramie had vented leather...the Rebel seat is much more like a Sport seat to me, hugs you more. Seems like the '19 Laramie got better, but my '17 seemed too flat for my liking. My 18 Grand Cherokee has the pleather/alcantara seats and they are vented, It doesnt do nearly as much on cloth as it does leather, and I would guess any after thought vented system is going to be noisy

Bwarren2

Reaction score
I've had vented seats for years and rarely used them, heated seats are more important than ventilated for me

da_Vinci_of_sorts

Reaction score
The butt blower is really only needed with leather. The Rebel has a cloth center section that breaths very well. It stays cooler than out other vehicles that have had leather and venting.

XDBrad

Reaction score
The Rebel with the 12” display has them. Had I only waited a couple months...

ormandj

Reaction score
The Rebel with the 12” display has them. Had I only waited a couple months...

You sure? The configuration tool doesn't let you spec a Rebel 12" display with them as far as I can tell, and I've been trying.

XDBrad

Reaction score
Not sure at all. I was just looking at the pictures and they looked to be there, I could be mistaken though... been known to be wrong once or twice a day

Trich_Rebel

Reaction score
Has anyone heard anymore news on this?
I just took home a Rebel this past weekend for an extended test drive... had the Rebel 12 package, fully loaded as it could be... but of course no cooling/vented seats. I live in southern Louisiana and that is the only thing holding me back from buying that Rebel. I'm still confused as to why RAM took such a big step and added the "Rebel 12" package for luxury and leave out options that are offered in the Laramie.
I spoke with 2 dealerships on this and mentioned that the Canada models were being built with the extra options, but they couldn't say whether or not that would come to the US. (They just didn't know)
The sales manager did mention that the majority of Rebel models were built in Canada, and shipped here.
Not sure how true this is.

Reaction score
I too miss the vented seats that I had in my Limited. The leather seats that come in the Rebel 12 are perforated and there are aftermarket seat blowers that you can buy. I googled them are they run between $60-$200. I live in Texas and they sure to come in handy.

Users who are viewing this thread