5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Screen Themes not working

LadderCo2

Reaction score
I am having the same issue on my Laramie. The center cluster doesn't stay changed, and defaults back randomly.

RamTruckMan

Reaction score
So, to be clear: I do not have the Nav, and I don't have the themes option... Seems kinda' cheap to me. Like how I have Keyless Go but passive entry is an option (which I didn't know, so didn't look for, thus didn't get). I have a quick question, slightly off topic but similar: I recently noticed my 2 week old truck, when on the speedometer page of the instrument cluster, the speed numbers are not entirely white. the lower half of them are a light, tea stain brown. Does anyone else notice this or do I have a bum display?

dswoboda2120

Reaction score
So, to be clear: I do not have the Nav, and I don't have the themes option... Seems kinda' cheap to me. Like how I have Keyless Go but passive entry is an option (which I didn't know, so didn't look for, thus didn't get). I have a quick question, slightly off topic but similar: I recently noticed my 2 week old truck, when on the speedometer page of the instrument cluster, the speed numbers are not entirely white. the lower half of them are a light, tea stain brown. Does anyone else notice this or do I have a bum display?

I’ve noticed it in the speed, it seems at have a slight gradient.

RamTruckMan

Reaction score
Yes, it reminds me of that. At first I thought maybe my screen was bad, but looking closely it looks intentional to me.
I'm going to look at another one at the dealership just to check. I thought it might be intentional, but it can't hurt to check

markymark907

Reaction score
i have a 8.4 inch with nav but i called uconnect and they confirmed the problem and will be fixing it with a later update. pretty much when you start it with push to start the theme you selected will stay the same but only when you use remote start the display theme will reset(only the speedometer guage) the 8.4 inch screen will stay the same

19 streak

Reaction score
i have a 8.4 inch with nav but i called uconnect and they confirmed the problem and will be fixing it with a later update. pretty much when you start it with push to start the theme you selected will stay the same but only when you use remote start the display theme will reset(only the speedometer guage) the 8.4 inch screen will stay the same
Mine resets no matter which way it's started

Tybee Ram

Reaction score
Thank You! Mine does the same thing. I thought I was going crazy! The Dodge Dealer has replaced the display once and the 8" inch radio/ Sirrus/XM once. I still have the problem. They can't/won't fix it. My Ram has been glitchy from the start. Now the backdoor window has jumped off the track, still waiting for a new regulator. BTW the "new" radio has a Sirrus/XM code that was on a 2015 Charger. It had all of his presets, phones, addressbook. It was a real pain getting all of that worked out.

PurFab

Reaction score
Has there been any update with this issue? I also have the same problem on my '19 sport, and it's not a huge deal but still a mild annoyance that it's happening.

ptrnfan

Reaction score
Mine display on the instrument panel does the same thing. If the truck is off for at least 30 min the instrument display goes back to the default.

Hotrod ram

Reaction score
Been doin it on mine since 50 miles, and still at 919. A bunch of threads on this subject. Many say there is goin to be a software update coming that should fix that. I was goin to take it to the dealer just to make sure I make them aware. Be nice if someone has gotten it fixed. Havnt heard anyone gotten it resolved yet

Bram2019

Reaction score
I have the 8.4 nav and have the exact same issue with the instrument cluster defaulting back. Also every once in a while my Sirius presets and tool bar setup at the bottom will revert back to default. So aggrevating. My dealer looked at it and sent the info to Chrysler. Just waiting for approval to replace the unit.
Replacing part won't fix it. Software Fix coming first part of 2019. Radio update.

RamTruckMan

Reaction score

Tybee Ram

Reaction score
I have found that if my iphone is plugged in before I crank the truck, the display will revert back to the default. It still has the half white half tan speedometer numbers. It is very annoying. The Uconnect dash will still have the theme though. A remote start will also bring back the default dash display.

Last edited:

Spartan 1

Reaction score
I am having the same issue with my Ram. I did mention to the dealer. They do not know what to say. Maybe there will be an update coming soon.
Keep our finger cross.

Users who are viewing this thread