5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saw an argument over Dodge vs Ram

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Lol, it's been over 10 years, but the Dodge will never go away from RAM. I wonder if Stellantis will simply combine the two, since all that's left of Dodge is just a pair of cars and a minivan that they will just combine them again.

Here is a screenshot of the vehicles page on Dodge's site, not sure how long they have had a RAM link on there, but it's interesting ...

Dodge Page.JPG

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Same with the Chrysler brand, an aging 300 and a minivan. Luckily Jeep and Ram have been doing pretty well.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The hardest part to understand is that Ram is pretty much the only thing it represents…just one type of vehicle.

They should add some other models…so if ram represents a pickup truck model, then let it have at least 2-3 typles of vehicles.

Bring back the Dakota, then add an suv…like the ram Charger…all on the same platform with different price points ( Dakota is the cheap one, Ram 1500 is the medium, Ram Charger is the large suv)

2022 Big Horn Back Country
6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Well, it was Dodge Ram when it started. I don't understand why they made it it's own brand. Funny thing, I didn't even know it was it's own brand until I bought my truck last year and owned Chrysler vehicles for the past 20 years. My first Ram, but I had a Dakota before that.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The hardest part to understand is that Ram is pretty much the only thing it represents…just one type of vehicle.

They should add some other models…so if ram represents a pickup truck model, then let it have at least 2-3 typles of vehicles.

Bring back the Dakota, then add an suv…like the ram Charger…all on the same platform with different price points ( Dakota is the cheap one, Ram 1500 is the medium, Ram Charger is the large suv)

2022 Big Horn Back Country
6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

They have the Ram Promaster vans but I think they will add more vehicles and become kinda like GMC.

Drewster

Reaction score
Well, it was Dodge Ram when it started. I don't understand why they made it it's own brand. Funny thing, I didn't even know it was it's own brand until I bought my truck last year and owned Chrysler vehicles for the past 20 years. My first Ram, but I had a Dakota before that.
Essentially trucks made up the majority of sales anyway, so RAM was split off so the business could just focus on stuff that made sense for trucks and commercial vehicles.

HandyCruiser

Reaction score
I believe this was done so the remaining divisions of the former Chrysler Corporation could be sold off separately if needed. There is really nothing new being developed for current Charger, Challenger and 300. They are getting long in the tooth. They switch around existing options, models and badging. But the cars pretty much stay the same otherwise. To me, it looks like a strategy with a specific end date in mind.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I believe this was done so the remaining divisions of the former Chrysler Corporation could be sold off separately if needed. There is really nothing new being developed for current Charger, Challenger and 300. They are getting long in the tooth. They switch around existing options, models and badging. But the cars pretty much stay the same otherwise. To me, it looks like a strategy with a specific end date in mind.
It has been 12 years since RAM split. I think you may need to google current electrification articles for Dodge.

The idea of splitting of RAM was to focus on becoming no 2 in the truck market. Ford keeps having issues like they have...well...no 1 is more of a possibility than anyone ever considered.

As far as the other post...RAM has been a link from the dodge page for the entire split.

I have a poll here about the loss of the crosshair...and the big rig look...because it made so many RAM and dodge fans butthurt.

Alot of people came to RAM because they finally got rid of the 2.

By the sounds of the mopar approach to electrification...sure go ahead and say they are late to the party...alot more will be making the switch if they follow through with their comments.

The HellCat Demon and TRX should be proof they will.

They have sold more challengers and chargers than they expected. All while the critics cry how old it is...people are still gathering them up.

As an owner of Dodge Trucks, Dodge RAM trucks and Ram trucks...also had Plymouth Trucks...i wish their popularity would wane. But they just keep one uping themselves.

When their main engine is into its 19th model year and is still drawing in New customers...with all of ford and Chevies "advancements"

I think they are doing a great job.

And so is Dodge

Note: not an argument...just not sure many here are mopar fans and may have overlooked what they do and continue to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online