5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saw 2023 Rebel in person yesterday

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Lol, that actor in the background.
"Don't look at the camera. Don't look at the camera. Dammit!"

jkm312

Reaction score
Digital gauges are like digital anything when it first arrives. It takes some adjustment on the user part. A dial indicator for example. When I see the needle swing that movement gives me more of a reference than some numbers changing in front of my eyes. A digital watch. If i know I have to be somewhere at 2PM and it's 1:52 PM the minute hand tells me more in relation to 2:00PM than a digital 1:52PM. At some point I will have to make the adjustment with a digital dash, but NOT TODAY!

tomme12

Reaction score
Other than the digital cluster gauge, I dont see much difference. The window sticker posted is basically a full loaded 2022 Rebel, just more expensive on the options. base price looked the same.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So here's a quick run-down of the 2023 build sheets thus far, by cluster size. Looks like Bighorns aren't getting the 12in cluster, nor are Tradesmen.

1662036303143.png

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Almost $20k more than my Back Country😲

Think I would jump up to a TRX at that point. The fun factor would be well worth the extra.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Seems a shame to burden that much Rebel with a tiny 23 gallon gas tank.

I'm okay with the digital dash. My Audi has one and I love it. Maybe less reliable in the long run than analog gauges, but I don't usually keep vehicles more than 3 or 4 years at the most.

Dewey

Reaction score
Sign of the times. I never thought NASCAR would go to a digital dash but they did a few years ago. I hate it. Race cars need a huge tach and a line of old school gages. Guess I like that to carry into street vehicles too. Nothing worse than a complete black screen on the dash when turned off.

Idahoktm

Reaction score
So much better than the current display.

I always have the digital speedometer displayed, so I don't need a big analog speedometer dial wasting a bunch of space. The analog tachometer is another monumental waste of real estate. In aviation, digital instruments (EFIS) started replacing steam dials back in the 80's. I'm surprised it's taken this long to eliminate analog clusters in automobiles.

Users who are viewing this thread