5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Satellite Hardware Error

Rock Crawler

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Is anyone else getting this message? I have a 2022 Laramie w/12” screen and this started last week. I’ve never had one issue with it until now. I get the Satellite Hardware Error, then I have to soft reboot the radio. It starts working again audibly, but the screen says channel not available and the image will not work. Sometimes the audio works, but I cannot change the channel. On rare occasions, after the reboot, everything seems to work after a few minutes. I have to go through this process every time I start the truck. I searched online and it seems to be an issue that popped up last week for quite a few Ram owners. This is really annoying since I use SXM exclusively. I looked up my software version and it shows FCA-MY22.S26.17-PROD.

@RamCares?

Not sure if it has anything to do with it, but I also noticed an icon at the top of the screen I had not noticed before. This makes me think the issue must be a result of a recent update.
IMG_0172.jpeg

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
RamCares is aware. They responded on the TRX forum asking for people to message them with VIN, mileage, and system version information.

Post in thread 'Satellite Hardware Error'
Satellite Hardware Error

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Vehicle concerns are the last thing we want for any of our customers. We are aware of the concern, and our team is currently working hard to produce a remedy, If anyone is being directly affected, please reach out to us with your VIN, mileage, and system version information as @Eighty stated above. Your assistance in this is invaluable, and we hope to connect with each of you soon.

Chris,
Ram Cares

n7qpp

Reaction score
@RamCares

As requested here is my information:
System Version: FCA-MY22.S26.17-PROD
Mileage: 19,399 miles
1C6SRFHT7NN209527

Joe

Nealy065

Reaction score
@RamCares

Here my information:
System Version: FCA-MY22.S21D.5-PROD
Mileage 15,777
VIN: 3C6UR5CL6NG242196

Issue started after update was done where the app icon was added.

Alan

Drive22

Reaction score
Vehicle concerns are the last thing we want for any of our customers. We are aware of the concern, and our team is currently working hard to produce a remedy, If anyone is being directly affected, please reach out to us with your VIN, mileage, and system version information as @Eighty stated above. Your assistance in this is invaluable, and we hope to connect with each of you soon.

Chris,
Ram Cares
VIN: 1C6SRFHM8NN154675
Version: FCA-MY22.S26.17-PROD
Mileage: 80,654

Users who are viewing this thread