5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Safety Recall

Darkrt

Reaction score
Anyone else receive a Safety Recall on 21 Hemi w/eTorque for random engine shut down?

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Anyone else receive a Safety Recall on 21 Hemi w/eTorque for random engine shut down?
many threads here

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Hello,

Should you have any questions or concerns related to a recall on your vehicle, please send us a PM, our team would be happy to assist.

William
Ram Cares

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, I got the letter on Saturday but had the recall done the week before.
I heard a few got the recall done before getting the letter.
Got my letter in the mail yesterday, will try to get it done this week.
My truck has worked flawlessly and was on the fence but since it is a safety issue I will just go and get it taken care of

6of36

Reaction score
If it is 87A, my brother had in performed, and picked up 3MPG. He had been complaining about the truck downshifting radically on hills before, and said it fixed that too.

6of36

Reaction score
37A - its what's on the letter
Probably right. it's been a couple days. I have a bad memory but I'm sure it ended with a 7A. Anyway, it had to do with the over rich running. It also sends bad info to the trans controller. I talked to him earlier today, and he is on a trip from northern Mi, to N.C., and as of driving south of Columbus, he was now getting 23 MPG on the trip.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Probably right. it's been a couple days. I have a bad memory but I'm sure it ended with a 7A. Anyway, it had to do with the over rich running. It also sends bad info to the trans controller. I talked to him earlier today, and he is on a trip from northern Mi, to N.C., and as of driving south of Columbus, he was now getting 23 MPG on the trip.
wow that number is excellent, or is his a diesel

asgadf/lkjnadsfg

Reaction score
My truck randomly quit on me a few weeks ago, just died while driving low speed, threw itself in park, and slammed on the emergency brake. I got my letter last week, and it was going in the shop for other work, so I'm having them do that too while it's there.

I hope this truck starts acting right, currently it's the best looking piece of garbage I've ever owned. It leaks, it stalls, the GPS doesn't work, the hood fills with water and sloshes around, the brakes moan like crazy. If rates were still at zero percent I'd sell this thing and buy something else, anything else. It's not been a great ownership experience. So far this year it's been in the shop almost six weeks. Dropped if off again today, hopefully it won't take too long.

Users who are viewing this thread