5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Safety chain shackles that fit the hitch?

TheWaterman83

Reaction score
I didn't get out a tape measure, but my chain hook looks about the same size as the one Wild Bill shows and I've not had an issue either. Not sure if it matters, but I don't cross my chains. If the chains are so long they might drag, I will twist the chain then hook it.

View attachment 168333

Tried every which way possible. The keeper won't latch. They are just too small. When it's time to replace the chains I'll go one size bigger.

Rickyrocket

Reaction score
I guess the big advantage for me is the chain links make it a lot easier to connect the hooks with arthritis...suck to be getting old.

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Tried every which way possible. The keeper won't latch. They are just too small. When it's time to replace the chains I'll go one size bigger.

Comparing your photo with Wild Bill and mine it looks like there is a difference in the openings. Might be the angle of the camera, but if you compare the steel below the bottom-front of the opening it appears it immediately rolls back just below the opening on mine and Wild Bill's. However, the steel below the opening on your's appears to go strait down for half inch or so before finally rolling back.

Users who are viewing this thread