5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sad times, 2450 layoffs coming to the Warren plant.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Just read the news, with 3700 jobs there, thats a high percentage (66%).

edit-cutting the RAM Classic out. Layoffs sometime in October. That will reduce the plant down to 1 shift from 2 for trucks.

It’s curious that they are dropping the most “affordable” truck (avg msrp close to 50K) which goes mostly to fleets. My small city has dozens of white tradesman quad cab 2x’s in their yard…

So what is the entry level buyer of a new truck supposed to do?
Well, my neighbor just traded off his 2016 Bighorn for a 24’ base 4 cyl turbo Silverado. He got it for $10K off msrp of $49, and they gave him $6K for his trade (a 190,000 mile horrible lifter ticking hemi), so he got a new truck for $33K plus tax and fees. Another RAM buyer gone.

Of course the UAW will have negotiated a decent pay package for them and I don’t have any idea of how long it may last yet its another sign of Stellantis being in trouble.

Last edited:

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just read the news, with 3700 jobs there, thats a high percentage (66%).

edit-cutting the RAM Classic out. Layoffs sometime in October. That will reduce the plant down to 1 shift from 2 for trucks.

It’s curious that they are dropping the most “affordable” truck (avg msrp close to 50K) which goes mostly to fleets. My small city has dozens of white tradesman quad cab 2x’s in their yard…

So what is the entry level buyer of a new truck supposed to do?
Well, my neighbor just traded off his 2016 Bighorn for a 24’ base 4 cyl turbo Silverado. He got it for $10K off msrp of $49, and they gave him $6K for his trade (a 190,000 mile horrible lifter ticking hemi), so he got a new truck for $33K plus tax and fees. Another RAM buyer gone.

Of course the UAW will have negotiated a decent pay package for them and I don’t have any idea of how long it may last yet its another sign of Stellantis being in trouble.
Aside from Ram still making the classic, which manufacturer has continued to make the old style truck alongside the new one?

Users who are viewing this thread