5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rough Country or Readylift 3.5" lift

vadedram

Reaction score
Just purchased a used 2019 Rebel with 3.5" Rough Country installed already. It also had some fuel 20x9 wheels with I believe a 0 offset. The dealer installed some brand new cheap Comforcer MT tires before I found it, they are size 35x12.50, I never heard of the brand, I always ran Toyos before. Anyways, drives great, no rub. This is my first lifted 1/2 ton, I always had 3/4 tons.

Anyways, I just wanted to say, I have had Rough Country on several vehicles. Never an issue. Most recently I had a 5" Rough Country lift on my Cummins 2500 2014 on 37s, hauled a crap load of heavy equipment over long distances, never had an issue. Also drove it down long crap country dirt and gravel roads. Again never an issue. Never went "offroad" but what you call "offroad" is probably what I drive on a normal drive and call a regular road.

My experience has always been, the shaking is usually always the tires. Most shops cant correctly balance large tires. Took a set to several places and only one could balance them. Most cheap tires will never balance. Took a cheap set to several places and none could balance them. Every company, no matter what anyone thinks, will sell a defective piece of equipment at some point which will break. Period. Unless you are competing in some kind of offroad competition, save your money.

Also, many vibration/shaking/wobbling issues in the past were due to some suspension issues with trucks, which were exaggerated with lifts. For instance 2500 Rams before 2014.

And if you think Rough Country has bad welding on their parts, then you haven't been around welding, I have seen way worse welds support some extreme weight/pressure. haha. And although the Ready Lift has less welded parts, the welds look just as sketchy as the Rough Country welds.

Just my 2 cents.

Edit to add: sorry, that video on the first page of this thread of the whining kid whos probably never done hard labor or used his truck to haul anything really annoyed me. I mean seriously, was he about to cry. haha

Last edited:

phildolips

Reaction score
that is the exact set up im running as far was wheels and tires. im getting the 3.5 RC lift installed soon
Im installing my RC 3.5 tomorrow. No wheels or tires yet but I am leaning towards 295/60r20s.
I have the 2021 ram 1500 Bright white / Laramie eco diesel / night edition. Will share picks once I have it all installed!

Salomi

Reaction score
I am waiting for my new truck to get here and am ready to start getting some accessories purchased to install as soon as it comes in. I have been looking at the Readylift 3.5" SST kit and the Rough Country 3.5" kit. They seem almost identical but there are a few differences. I am trying to get some feedback on these kits from people who may have either one. Here are a few of the main differences:

* Rough Country is $300 cheaper
* Rough Country comes with Rear Shocks. Readylift says it doesn't need new longer travel rear shocks.
* Rough Country uses a max tire of 295/20/20. Readylift says you can go 35x12.50/20 with a +18mm offset. Not sure if this is realistic.

Both kits seem to have good reviews and should be well made. My main concern is keeping a quality ride. I am planning on putting fuel Mavericks on it, with an AT tire.
Any feedback is welcomed.
That’s great I’m waiting for my rough country lift kit myself as my mechanic is going to install it on my Dodge Ram Laramie 1500.

Salomi

Reaction score
That’s great I’m waiting for my rough country lift kit myself as my mechanic is going to install it on my Dodge Ram Laramie 1500.
Thank y’all for responding to my thread

rh514469

Reaction score
Hi l'm looking for some help which is the better lift ready lift or rough country. thank you

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

1awesomelaw

Reaction score
I am waiting for my new truck to get here and am ready to start getting some accessories purchased to install as soon as it comes in. I have been looking at the Readylift 3.5" SST kit and the Rough Country 3.5" kit. They seem almost identical but there are a few differences. I am trying to get some feedback on these kits from people who may have either one. Here are a few of the main differences:

* Rough Country is $300 cheaper
* Rough Country comes with Rear Shocks. Readylift says it doesn't need new longer travel rear shocks.
* Rough Country uses a max tire of 295/20/20. Readylift says you can go 35x12.50/20 with a +18mm offset. Not sure if this is realistic.

Both kits seem to have good reviews and should be well made. My main concern is keeping a quality ride. I am planning on putting fuel Mavericks on it, with an AT tire.
Any feedback is welcomed.

I'm using the rough country kit and I am very pleased with it.
I didn't however use the spacers in the back with the springs, i just changed out the springs and put a taller spring in with more weight capacity .

Salomi

Reaction score
I have my 33” tires and factory wheels on my Dodge Ram LaramieLaramie yet I have a question I have a chance to buy a set of 22” wheels and tires so my question is would they rub? The lug pattern is the same as mine. Just was hoping to get feedback because it’s a great deal.

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have my 33” tires and factory wheels on my Dodge Ram LaramieLaramie yet I have a question I have a chance to buy a set of 22” wheels and tires so my question is would they rub? The lug pattern is the same as mine. Just was hoping to get feedback because it’s a great deal.
The size of the rim shouldn't matter. The overall OD of the rim and tire as well as the rim offset will determine if you have any clearance issues. Most aftermarket rims will have more negative offset and stick out a little further.

phildolips

Reaction score
Hi l'm looking for some help which is the better lift ready lift or rough country. thank you

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk
I feel like the Ready Lift has a more quality manufactured rear spacer but I do like the shock upgrade options on the Rough Country. I'm not a big fan of putting spacers on the strut assembly. So far I have ridden my RC 3.5 for 5 days. Still rides the same, no alignment needed. Haven't noticed much change in the handling but once I get my wheels and tires mounted I will post pictures and an update on how I am liking the kit.

Salomi

Reaction score
The size of the rim shouldn't matter. The overall OD of the rim and tire as well as the rim offset will determine if you have any clearance issues. Most aftermarket rims will have more negative offset and stick out a little further.
So I should get in touch with the guy I’m buying the 2/“ wheels and tires off of and see what offset the wheels are?

Braker

Reaction score
I feel like the Ready Lift has a more quality manufactured rear spacer but I do like the shock upgrade options on the Rough Country. I'm not a big fan of putting spacers on the strut assembly. So far I have ridden my RC 3.5 for 5 days. Still rides the same, no alignment needed. Haven't noticed much change in the handling but once I get my wheels and tires mounted I will post pictures and an update on how I am liking the kit.
So you just did the RC with the shock upgrade? I was recommended this one over the Readylift by my suspension shop because the readylift is just spacers and the RC you get shocks.

Also by chance did you happen to measure how much height you actually raised? They said I should end up about 3" but if it gives full 3.5 and I put 35's on I'm not going to fit in my garage because of the satellite antenna.

Salomi

Reaction score
My mechanic get Rough Country for all the dealership here where I live gets him to use Rough Country

1awesomelaw

Reaction score
So I should get in touch with the guy I’m buying the 2/“ wheels and tires off of and see what offset the wheels are?

The size shouldn't matter, That's what she said ! Have an awesome weekend.

1awesomelaw

Reaction score
What size offset should you choose if you want the tire to stick out 1" past the fender with out using wheel spacers?

Salomi

Reaction score
I’m picking up the 22” wheels and tires in the morning went by my mechanic shop and the Rough Country level kit is in. Yet with the 22” tires do I need a leveling kit?

Salomi

Reaction score
Thank y’all for responding to my thread
My mechanic got my rough country level kit in so I got my 22” wheels and tires and should no have them mounted before I do the leveling kit first?

Users who are viewing this thread