5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Iridium

Reaction score
So I just finished installing the led grille lights, the ones that are beside the RAM logo* after testing them and finishing up routing the wiring I reconnected them and now I ended up with a check engine light:/ truck runs smooth no issues only thing I noticed is when pressing the start button I have to hold it for atleast a second vs. just pressing it quickly and bam the truck starts.

I scanned it and showed loss connection with PCM/ECM forgot with one sorry..

I erased the cel and its still shows. Hopefully if driving it it’ll go away since the power wire went directly to the battery and the ground went to one of the 2 ground posts on the driver side fender area.

Any suggestions on why this happened?

Lights are great btw! Love them for my first mod.

Truck is a 2022 1500 bighorn e-torque 3.6l

Finished:

Attachments

• IMG_5447.jpeg
    IMG_5447.jpeg
    240.1 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_5448.jpeg
    IMG_5448.jpeg
    221.3 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

Iridium

Reaction score
Oops.. maybe I should’nt have installed the ground to the ground posts with other wires..

Just looked at the installation video from American trucks and it went directly to the negative terminal post on the battery🤦🏽‍♂️ I’ll move that ground later and see if the cel goes away after driving a couple miles.

RumRam

Reaction score
I like those a lot. I’m not the best at wiring but I’m sure plenty of videos on light install and wire hook up.
Truck looks great!

BlueHemi1500

Reaction score
Those lights look wonderful.
How bright are the lights at night, and do they help with visibility at night?
How long was the installation process?

BlueHemi1500

Iridium

Reaction score
I like those a lot. I’m not the best at wiring but I’m sure plenty of videos on light install and wire hook up.
Truck looks great!
Thanks! My mistake in wiring but otherwise simple to install. You do have to cut some of the grill for the light to actually go in but otherwise simple installation. 10/10 would recommend. I like the look also of not being crazy noticeable

Iridium

Reaction score
Those lights look wonderful.
How bright are the lights at night, and do they help with visibility at night?
How long was the installation process?

BlueHemi1500
They’re not as bright as my LED headlights but they do help somewhat. I wish I hadn’t installed 70% tint so I could see the full brightness otherwise from the outside it brightened up decently far I’d say about 100ft out. They’re flood lights so the lum is low compared to spotlights. Installation was about 4-6 hours taking my sweet time

BlueHemi1500

Reaction score
They’re not as bright as my LED headlights but they do help somewhat. I wish I hadn’t installed 70% tint so I could see the full brightness otherwise from the outside it brightened up decently far I’d say about 100ft out. They’re flood lights so the lum is low compared to spotlights. Installation was about 4-6 hours taking my sweet time
Thank you for the response and the information.

BlueHemi

Jray22

Reaction score
Glad you solved the issue on your own. I fried a wiring harness years ago and gave up years ago trying to wire things way too complicated now. I just had the same lights installed. love them so far, now I just need the Tazer to delete the Foglight dropout.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread