5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rough Country Grill Lights and Hidden bumper Light

CharlieP

Reaction score
Gentlemen: Just wanted to post some pics of my Rough Country Grill Lights and Hidden Bumper Light Install. I did the light install but took it to my Local Shop to do the wiring, mostly because I could not find switches that I liked and thought would look good in the dash. I am more then happy with the outcome

Attachments

• Truck Lights 1.jpg
    Truck Lights 1.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 1,158
  • Truck lights 2.jpg
    Truck lights 2.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 1,198
  • Truck Lights 3.jpg
    Truck Lights 3.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 1,343
  • truck Lights 4.jpg
    truck Lights 4.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 1,367

brawler1588

Reaction score
Looks good, what local shop did the wiring?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Ringer

Reaction score
Looks good. Here’s mine

Attachments

• 700A28CE-6496-49FC-9BCB-7BDD28569A43.jpeg
    700A28CE-6496-49FC-9BCB-7BDD28569A43.jpeg
    122.1 KB · Views: 606
  • FFE46A2E-C506-4A49-8521-C666C4507AF9.jpeg
    FFE46A2E-C506-4A49-8521-C666C4507AF9.jpeg
    163.8 KB · Views: 657
  • BFFBCC2F-0250-4BA2-9547-75C29227739F.jpeg
    BFFBCC2F-0250-4BA2-9547-75C29227739F.jpeg
    127.7 KB · Views: 648

HockeyCowboy

Reaction score
Installing mine now, the 6" grill lights. But noticed that when I am trying to take off the front / side bumper under the headlights that after I remove the 4 screws and then unsnap the fender flare / cover, the front bumper under headlights has a bolt in the wheel well. Was a little concerned about taking it out and getting it back in there. It was not in the instructions. Was curious if you guys had same issue or if something unique on mine. Did not see anyone talk about that bolt. Thoughts? IMG_3125-1.jpg

Last edited:

CharlieP

Reaction score
Installing mine now, the 6" grill lights. But noticed that when I am trying to take off the front / side bumper under the headlights that after I remove the 4 screws and then unsnap the fender flare / cover, the front bumper under headlights has a bolt in the wheel well. Was a little concerned about taking it out and getting it back in there. It was not in the instructions. Was curious if you guys had same issue or if something unique on mine. Did not see anyone talk about that bolt. Thoughts? View attachment 37285
Yes That Bolt is a pain in the *** and is not mentioned in the instructions you have to remove it or you will tear that front cover

Jcoombs3

Reaction score
Gentlemen: Just wanted to post some pics of my Rough Country Grill Lights and Hidden Bumper Light Install. I did the light install but took it to my Local Shop to do the wiring, mostly because I could not find switches that I liked and thought would look good in the dash. I am more then happy with the outcome
Just wanted to say your switch placement is super clean and I will probably place my switches there for my rough country grill lights. Do you have a diagram for how you wired the switch to always stay lit?

Damion

Reaction score
Might be a stupid question, but does the lower grill light output get diminished some by shining through the grill?

Thinking of doing this to mine, but my trucks lower grill is solid, id have to get a " mesh " one. Debating wether or not its worth doing if it doesn't give that much more light. The led headlights and fogs are amazing though.

CharlieP

Reaction score
Just wanted to say your switch placement is super clean and I will probably place my switches there for my rough country grill lights. Do you have a diagram for how you wired the switch to always stay lit?
The switch is only lit when the lights are on. the only light that is wired not through the switch is the DRL on the hidden grill light

CharlieP

Reaction score
Might be a stupid question, but does the lower grill light output get diminished some by shining through the grill?

Thinking of doing this to mine, but my trucks lower grill is solid, id have to get a " mesh " one. Debating wether or not its worth doing if it doesn't give that much more light. The led headlights and fogs are amazing though.
Yes you will need the mesh grill. if the light is diminished any it is very little

brawler1588

Reaction score
What do you think about cutting a slot in the solid grill big enough for the lightbar?

CharlieP

Reaction score
What do you think about cutting a slot in the solid grill big enough for the lightbar?

It will still be sitting back behind the grill so you will have that gap that will be seen. Maybe try it with the solid grill and if you dont like it then order the open mesh.

Rplante3108

Reaction score
Rough Country has a link to the mopar grill for the light bar. It's like $34 or something. If your not really reading the description down below..you can miss it.

Users who are viewing this thread