5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rough Country Grill Lights and Hidden bumper Light

brawler1588

Reaction score
Rough Country has a link to the mopar grill for the light bar. It's like $34 or something. If your not really reading the description down below..you can miss it.
I saw than you I was trying to see if the light sat close enough to the grill s I could just cut it out and have less light loss

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
I don't see how these are any brighter than your normal brights if you have the LED headlights....

I could see adding something to the rear and sides for when you're out on a trail; which is my plan.

brawler1588

Reaction score
I don't see how these are any brighter than your normal brights if you have the LED headlights....

I could see adding something to the rear and sides for when you're out on a trail; which is my plan.
I believe the grill lights are just accent lights, as for the light bar I can't speak of rough country brightness but they do add more light. Check out some of my stuff and feel free to message me I am running quality lights in the rear and my hood lights, all are from baja designs had a light bar ordered from them but trying to cancel due to the family growing and need funds.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

trainman

Reaction score
I would just like the grille lights, I would want to use them as daytime running lights, don't really care how much light they put out at night.

trainman

Oscarmusprime

Reaction score
Gentlemen: Just wanted to post some pics of my Rough Country Grill Lights and Hidden Bumper Light Install. I did the light install but took it to my Local Shop to do the wiring, mostly because I could not find switches that I liked and thought would look good in the dash. I am more then happy with the outcome
Those are amazing... did your local dealer do the wiring? I wish my dealership was more customer friendly....:cry:

cephus91

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the 20” rough country light can be put on a ‘19 Limited? It has a solid cover instead of mesh. Would I need to order a mesh cover and replace the Limited one?

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It was custom made from a shop out of Las Vegas called Harmon Customs.

HockeyCowboy

Reaction score
Added my grille and hidden bumper lights this weekend. Was quite a bit of work but very happy with it. Thanks for all the tips on this and other threads...helped a lot. I added a 3 position switch so I can turn On/Off/High Beams. I really wanted to normally use with the high beams and it works great. Was a little tough to get to the high beam cable...but got it done. Also for me I had to replace the bumper plastic since mine was solid. Cheap part that RC has on their website. They really do miss a bunch on their instructions. For the light bar in bumper, I found that it was dramatically better to just remove the bumper and do the work with easy access to the bumper. Found good video on YouTube on how to remove the bumper and the cable on drivers side. I find that these lights really fill in what is missing with the normal headlights. Very happy with it...and quite frankly happy I got it all back together and done with the install.

IMG_4179.jpeg
IMG_4194.jpeg

RamConvert82

Reaction score
Added my grille and hidden bumper lights this weekend. Was quite a bit of work but very happy with it. Thanks for all the tips on this and other threads...helped a lot. I added a 3 position switch so I can turn On/Off/High Beams. I really wanted to normally use with the high beams and it works great. Was a little tough to get to the high beam cable...but got it done. Also for me I had to replace the bumper plastic since mine was solid. Cheap part that RC has on their website. They really do miss a bunch on their instructions. For the light bar in bumper, I found that it was dramatically better to just remove the bumper and do the work with easy access to the bumper. Found good video on YouTube on how to remove the bumper and the cable on drivers side. I find that these lights really fill in what is missing with the normal headlights. Very happy with it...and quite frankly happy I got it all back together and done with the install.

View attachment 46368
View attachment 46369
Where'd you mount the 3-way switch? Been toying with ideas for a few spots on some lights I plan to install.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

HockeyCowboy

Reaction score
Where'd you mount the 3-way switch? Been toying with ideas for a few spots on some lights I plan to install.

Will put it in tonight. Wanted to take my time on placement. Also needed a 20mm drill bit which comes in from Amazon today. Will upload pix when done.

HockeyCowboy

Reaction score
Excellent! Looking forward to it. Much appreciated.

@RamConvert82 Here is where I put my switch. I was going to put lower but could not find a good enough spot to actually put the switch. There was all type of obsticals...so here is where I ended up. Took time to figure out the options. There were much fewer options than I thought. I took it all apart to determine what is behind each spot. Seemed like there was something behind most of the spots that I wanted to put the switch. What I did was first drill a hole w/o the cover so I could test and make sure it was in the best spot and did not collide with a fastener. I marked the center of the hole with the orange tape. The other marker is the farthest that I could go to the outside. For me I used a switch that required a 20mm drill. I got it most of the way thru and then it was going to catch with the plastic so I just got it close and then filed the rest to be careful. Overall happy with it. So now I have On/Off/High Beams. Realistically always leave it on High Beams. Anyway hope this helps. Good luck.

Attachments

• Pix - 1.jpeg
    Pix - 1.jpeg
    116.5 KB · Views: 290
  • Pix - 2.jpeg
    Pix - 2.jpeg
    102.7 KB · Views: 293
  • Pix - 3.jpeg
    Pix - 3.jpeg
    149.3 KB · Views: 307
  • Pix - 4.jpeg
    Pix - 4.jpeg
    147.5 KB · Views: 311

RamConvert82

Reaction score
@RamConvert82 Here is where I put my switch. I was going to put lower but could not find a good enough spot to actually put the switch. There was all type of obsticals...so here is where I ended up. Took time to figure out the options. There were much fewer options than I thought. I took it all apart to determine what is behind each spot. Seemed like there was something behind most of the spots that I wanted to put the switch. What I did was first drill a hole w/o the cover so I could test and make sure it was in the best spot and did not collide with a fastener. I marked the center of the hole with the orange tape. The other marker is the farthest that I could go to the outside. For me I used a switch that required a 20mm drill. I got it most of the way thru and then it was going to catch with the plastic so I just got it close and then filed the rest to be careful. Overall happy with it. So now I have On/Off/High Beams. Realistically always leave it on High Beams. Anyway hope this helps. Good luck.
Thank you for such a thorough reply! That is one of the spots I was thinking about and I'm thinking of a 3-way switch too. MUCH appreciated. Good to see what is under that edge. I am also going to investigate the upper console since I don't have the red and blue emergency buttons. Great work.

Cspauldy

Reaction score
Does removing the solid grille and replacing it with the mesh grille mess with the front sensors at all?

HockeyCowboy

Reaction score
Does removing the solid grille and replacing it with the mesh grille mess with the front sensors at all?
I removed the sensors and just put them back. Quite frankly have not tested since. Don't anticipate any issues. Seemed fairly straight forward, but I will say the holders were not the best but got them back in. I made sure that the cables went the same direction, etc. I take pix during so if I have a question how they go back in...sometimes helps.

Users who are viewing this thread