5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rough Country 2" level on OR Laramie w/ pics

WyattS42

Reaction score
Interesting. I was very interested in that kit as well but most of the replies throughout the forum stated if you have the off-road package you couldn’t use the preload spacer that came with the kit because the CV angles would be too bad..glad you were able to fit everything. How’s the ride quality after you got everything put on?

HotStuff

Reaction score
Nice! I believe the ORP came with whatever. Not just 1 specific. Out of the 2 that was on the lot when I bought mine, neither had the same wheel. However I am happy I was able to score a set of rebel wheels. I think they set it off best.

Just got my 2" Readylift kit today. Going to install it this weekend. Kinda surprised to see the spacers are actually spacers for the 03-18 models... According to the box.
And the are no instructions for the control arms.. Not that I need them, but just surprised me. My new tires should be here tomorrow. Hoping to get them mounted and balanced this weekend or early next week also... Can't wait to get everything on the truck and actually have a 4wd that looks like a 4wd..... Lol

JBeckman

Reaction score
Interesting. I was very interested in that kit as well but most of the replies throughout the forum stated if you have the off-road package you couldn’t use the preload spacer that came with the kit because the CV angles would be too bad..glad you were able to fit everything. How’s the ride quality after you got everything put on?

I had to do a bunch of pre measuring and post measuring. But am very happy with the end result. Ride quality is a little stiffer, but no where near unbearable or bothersome. Normal bumps and crappy roads give it no issues. To me it feels more how a truck should ride. Don't get me wrong I did like how it was before, but felt "car ish".

JBeckman

Reaction score
Just got my 2" Readylift kit today. Going to install it this weekend. Kinda surprised to see the spacers are actually spacers for the 03-18 models... According to the box.
And the are no instructions for the control arms.. Not that I need them, but just surprised me. My new tires should be here tomorrow. Hoping to get them mounted and balanced this weekend or early next week also... Can't wait to get everything on the truck and actually have a 4wd that looks like a 4wd..... Lol
Ya when speaking to readylift, they havent relabeled all the boxes. It's funny when I compared the RL to the RC spacer, night and day difference. Each control arm should have a plug on one side. The plug goes towards the rear I believe. To identify R and L. But its noticeable once you match up the new to the old.
Post up some pics once your done!

U

User_18177

can anyone tell me if the off road package automatically gives you the 3:92 gears? or are they 3:21
It's a little late to offer a response to this now but you were told it does, but it does not automatically. You'll still get the 3:21 unless you select the 3:92 as an option.

Users who are viewing this thread