5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rough Country 2" level on OR Laramie w/ pics

Jtbarrett88

Reaction score
So I am very interested in getting the off road package on my order of a 2019 Laramie, question I cannot get answered is will a 2" leveling kit work with the off road package.??? rough country states it will not, however a few on forums say it will? was thinking motofab lift which was an above the coil level or rough country which was an in the coil lift... please chime in !

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I am very interested in getting the off road package on my order of a 2019 Laramie, question I cannot get answered is will a 2" leveling kit work with the off road package.??? rough country states it will not, however a few on forums say it will? was thinking motofab lift which was an above the coil level or rough country which was an in the coil lift... please chime in !
It will work. I wouldn't go any higher than 2" level though. That gives you 3" of lift over a stock truck. Your angles should still be acceptable, and better than the 3.5" Readylift and Rough Country kits.

Jtbarrett88

Reaction score
Yeah that's the one thing i'm worried about, is the angle of the BJ with UCA's... I was thinking of just doing the MotoFab 2" level kit, which puts it on top of the coil rather then in. So with a total lift of 3" in the front will be more then enough for me

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah that's the one thing i'm worried about, is the angle of the BJ with UCA's... I was thinking of just doing the MotoFab 2" level kit, which puts it on top of the coil rather then in. So with a total lift of 3" in the front will be more then enough for me
Sorry, I should have been more thorough. You will need to replace your upper control arms. People have been replacing them with the Readylift arms which are great, I have a pair on mine. The factory ball joint will not last with 3" of lift. As far as angles I was talking more about the cv joint and steering angle. I would use the Motofab spacer or a similar one as it will not change the ride quality. The Rough Country goes inside the assembly and will give it a slightly harsher ride.

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Unfortunately you just missed a huge sale at summit racing you could have picked up the ready lift 66-1921 for 290 dollars no tax free shipping. Comes with the upper control arms and 2" spacer. But like KSN said you don't want to go up any higher without replacing the upper control arms. The 67-1500 control arms are for the previous model Ram but a few guys have purchased them and said they work fine. I talked to the design engineer from ready lift and the UCA's for the new Ram have a slightly different cup angle for the ball joint but are other wise almost identical. You can pick up the 67-1500 arms up on ebay for about 350 bucks.

Jtbarrett88

Reaction score
I always seem to "just miss" these sales... ugh... lol thanks so much for the information! I will definitely check this out, there's sooooooooo much research ive been doing on these and can't seem to come up with any answers elsewhere.. there's also a guy who recommended the daystar kit # KC09114BK, which is a 2.5 inch in the front and an inch in the rear. anyone ever used daystar?

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
T
Unfortunately you just missed a huge sale at summit racing you could have picked up the ready lift 66-1921 for 290 dollars no tax free shipping. Comes with the upper control arms and 2" spacer. But like KSN said you don't want to go up any higher without replacing the upper control arms. The 67-1500 control arms are for the previous model Ram but a few guys have purchased them and said they work fine. I talked to the design engineer from ready lift and the UCA's for the new Ram have a slightly different cup angle for the ball joint but are other wise almost identical. You can pick up the 67-1500 arms up on ebay for about 350 bucks.
The Readylift kit is top notch. I installed it on mine. Be aware that it really is only a 1.5" spacer not a full 2" but it works great. I would imagine lots of places will have deals in the next few days.

Jtbarrett88

Reaction score
can anyone tell me if the off road package automatically gives you the 3:92 gears? or are they 3:21

JBeckman

Reaction score

Yes it will work, but definitely reccomend replacing the UCA's. The BJ angle is at its max and replacing them with either the mopar/readylift will put it back within spec.
can anyone tell me if the off road package automatically gives you the 3:92 gears? or are they 3:21

The ORP can come with either. Really depends how it was set up. My ORP has the 3:21 gears. If you order, you can get either. As far as "stock" I would think 3:21.

Jtbarrett88

Reaction score
So I ordered my truck! Very excited!!!! But decided that I just wouldn’t utilize the ORP... I opted for the limited slip, which will work best where I live in my conditions. So my next question is I want a lift with 2.5 to 3 inches in the front, and 1 inch in the rear. What kits offer this setup? Anyone know? I want to be right around 40” from road to fender well. Also I am having a hard time deciding between nitto ridge grapplers or the wrangler duratracs. I currently have the duratracs on my past 3 trucks and love them. They have a super aggressive look for being an A/T tire. Anyone have any input on the grapplers?

Jtbarrett88

Reaction score
Also can I get 275/60/r20’s or 275/65/r20’s and be fine? I hate how they went 275/55/r20’s for stock tires on these things. You lose between .5” to 1 inch of ride height because of it

JBeckman

Reaction score
So I ordered my truck! Very excited!!!! But decided that I just wouldn’t utilize the ORP... I opted for the limited slip, which will work best where I live in my conditions. So my next question is I want a lift with 2.5 to 3 inches in the front, and 1 inch in the rear. What kits offer this setup? Anyone know? I want to be right around 40” from road to fender well. Also I am having a hard time deciding between nitto ridge grapplers or the wrangler duratracs. I currently have the duratracs on my past 3 trucks and love them. They have a super aggressive look for being an A/T tire. Anyone have any input on the grapplers?

Congrats on the order! For a lift like that, may have to piece one together. I believe motofab has a top mount 2.5". Get new UAC's from your choice brand. And you can find rear spacers on ebay. Those are a 1:1 lift.

I have always ran duratrac. So no help on that question.

Planefxr

Reaction score
I took it in assuming I did need one after leveling it. But based off the printout, I didnt. Still had to pay the $100 bucks though. That kinda aggravated me.
Did the lift affect the aim of the headlights at all?

WyattS42

Reaction score
Actually since I did this, I took out the RC level kit and installed the Readylift 3.5" sst. Also purchased rebel wheels with tires and installed. View attachment 11465

Did you use the full kit since you have the off-road package or did you not use the preload spacer since you have the off-road package?

JBeckman

Reaction score
I thought these were the wheels that the ORP was supposed to get..... They look better than what came on mine. Kind of disappointed with the wheels mine came with.. guess that's why I'm swapping to Laramie polished wheels...
Here's mine... Getting ready for list and tires/wheels this weekend..
View attachment 11753
Nice! I believe the ORP came with whatever. Not just 1 specific. Out of the 2 that was on the lot when I bought mine, neither had the same wheel. However I am happy I was able to score a set of rebel wheels. I think they set it off best.

JBeckman

Reaction score
Did you use the full kit since you have the off-road package or did you not use the preload spacer since you have the off-road package?

I was able to use the full kit. After removing and re installing a few times. In addition to talking to a few guys here, which included a readylift engineer. I'm right at 25.5" from fender to center of hub.

Users who are viewing this thread