5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rotation question...

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Because I'm currently borderline drunk, I vote 9/32 on drivers side and 8/32 on passenger side unless you go for fat chix, then reverse that.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
You guys will debate anything to death on here. Talking about theoretical blowouts because there's a 1/32 difference in tread like WTF. It doesnt matter where they go. Id guess the higher tread was on the rear previously because it carries less weight unless you're towing. Same reason people air up the front to a bit higher psi. Id put more tread up front but it literally does not matter.
AMEN! We are taking about 1/32 on tires with 8-9/32. This is a non-conversation!

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah lol like what did this even become😂 poor OP.

My truck wears the rears faster since I I drive “spirited” ( or at least I did before gas went crazy )

If you drive your truck easy, the fronts might wear faster since these trucks have something like a 60/40 front/rear weight distribution but I don’t know for sure.

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Most RWD vehicles the rear tires wear significantly faster than the fronts because they are the drive tires and slip and spin easier. FWD vehicles wear front tires faster for same reason.

That’s statistically wrong of you do some research.

This is only the case on higher hp vehicles or rwd vehicles that are driven hard. But for the average driver the fronts wear faster.

All of my trucks always wear the fronts faster. My trans ams wore the rears faster because I drove like an ***.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score

This is only the case on higher hp vehicles or rwd vehicles that are driven hard. But for the average driver the fronts wear faster.

All of my trucks always wear the fronts faster. My trans ams wore the rears faster because I drove like an ***.

Yeah my stock set ran bald on the front before rear now that I think of it. I didn’t do a good job of rotating every 4 r 5 thousand miles.

soSincerious

Reaction score
I look at the edge of the tires. If you turn your wheels or run tire pressures a little soft the edges wear. If the edges are wearing I throw them in the back

^^ this.

front tires will wear the edges faster. the tread will appear more rounded.
rear tires will wear the center faster. the tread will appear more flat or square.

I'd rotate the tires based on their prior positions.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

I guess I just enjoy driving my vehicles too much.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
^^ this.

front tires will wear the edges faster. the tread will appear more rounded.
rear tires will wear the center faster. the tread will appear more flat or square.

I'd rotate the tires based on their prior positions.
With proper inflation, you shouldn't wear the centers faster in the rear. Edges in the front, yes, from cornering.

Users who are viewing this thread