5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rotary dial conversion

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You have a heckuvan imagination! Why don't you actually go through this thread and count your reply and the number of "everyone else" against what you assume "OP is denying." After that, I'd like for you to make some valuable contribution to the thread. And some time later, private message me b/c I'd really like to understand how you define assumptions with respect to descriptive and inferential statistics.
There's at least three others who have replied in kind.

As far as useful information, there is an entire thread dedicated to this topic as it has been done already.

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Actually, you just did.

The location of the shifter has nothing to do with the actual function of backing the truck. You're making it seem like it's more difficult to back up in challenging situations, because of the location of the shifter. Admittedly, the rotary shifter does take some getting used to after having used console shifters for many years. It took me a few weeks to be able to shift from one gear to another without looking at the knob and making sure I was in the proper gear. Now, I can reach up and select any gear without looking at the knob or gear indicator.
it does and after being with a rotary for 8 years it took me a week or two after i change to my gt, to stop reaching to the dash to shift lol

Sportznut

Reaction score
Think before you type. Good grief.

What was the topic of this thread?

edit: even I'm getting sidetracked as the op didn't ask for opinions on what is best.
The OP opened up the thread to opinions with post #9. I agree, think before you type.

And even if he hadn't, why would anyone get their panties wadded up over such trivial matters. These are hardly real world issues.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread