5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rigid Industries Light Bar Installation

BigRick

Reaction score
Thanks for the info did you think of making them and how much of corurse shipping would be xtra

Jordan2929

Reaction score
Thanks for the info did you think of making them and how much of corurse shipping would be xtra
Haven’t really thought about that. The mount I have designed is specific to 20” rigid industries light bars, is that what you’d be putting on?

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You give me an autocad program, some cnc machines, and a welder and I can pump out whatever you want....Anything else computer related is way over my head.
Why I miss my old job, I got to draw the parts, machine them on a Mazak, Milltronics, or Quickmill depending the size and then weld them up.

Now i build railcars and there is nothing scientific about this.

And there sure are alot of talented people here, and you guys sure aren't scared to go right at modding your new trucks.

Awesome.

Mr.Gigglez

Reaction score
Great install, just one problem

I just hope you do not get it trouble with the law as most states do not let you drive on major roads with your off road lights on,
I would recommend you install a switch to turn them on and off, not having them tied into you bright lights

Agreed nothing more annoying than the prick with his light bar coming head on bright as fk.. Dont forget the guy who rides around during the day with it on

Troop2865

Reaction score
I second the build and offer them for sale. You might be surprised how many people might want them. Nice job.

KurtA

Reaction score
Where did you pull power from?

I need to find 20 amps (switched) for my 2-way radio...

Jordan2929

Reaction score
Where did you pull power from?

I need to find 20 amps (switched) for my 2-way radio...
I wired it to the battery using a relay. In your case I’d recommend using a relay as well, 20 amps is a lot of power. You could find an ignition power source in the fuse panel and use that to activate the relay, safe and easy.

Jordan2929

Reaction score
This looks great! I'm planning on doing the same thing but the behind grill, cheaper RC version: https://www.roughcountry.com/ram-led-bumper-kit-70779c.html

In addition I'd like to do 2" square lights on the far ends of the grill (outside of the sensors, pictured). Based on your experience do you think the 2" square lights would work there?

Thanks in advance,
Leif

View attachment 7682
Yep, there’s enough room. Where my light bar is placed started out as a faux grille, no air passes through there. So you will have to remove the plastic cover that’s on the inside of the bumper, it’s held on with 20 or so plastic clips that are fairly easy to remove (just work from one side to the other) and if you’re capable of making some custom brackets it should work pretty well. From the looks of your render I might have to add some myself!

PS I could’ve left my grille but decided to cut it for max light output (and it’s only a $26 piece if I change my mind)

DonsRam19

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep, there’s enough room. Where my light bar is placed started out as a faux grille, no air passes through there. So you will have to remove the plastic cover that’s on the inside of the bumper, it’s held on with 20 or so plastic clips that are fairly easy to remove (just work from one side to the other) and if you’re capable of making some custom brackets it should work pretty well. From the looks of your render I might have to add some myself!

PS I could’ve left my grille but decided to cut it for max light output (and it’s only a $26 piece if I change my mind)

Do you happen to have the part number for the grille piece?

dorskh

Reaction score
Do you think you could put a longer light bar behind that grill and behind the park sensors if you didn’t care about it being behind the grill? I have a 30” Baja designs onyx6+ I am taking off my Silverado and don’t want it to go to waste with my new truck!

Jordan2929

Reaction score
Do you think you could put a longer light bar behind that grill and behind the park sensors if you didn’t care about it being behind the grill? I have a 30” Baja designs onyx6+ I am taking off my Silverado and don’t want it to go to waste with my new truck!
Yes, there's room but you have to remember there's plugs coming out of the back of the parking sensor. So for a longer light bar to fit it would have to be set back into the truck further so it doesn't interfere with the plugs or wiring.

dorskh

Reaction score
Yes, there's room but you have to remember there's plugs coming out of the back of the parking sensor. So for a longer light bar to fit it would have to be set back into the truck further so it doesn't interfere with the plugs or wiring.
thats what i figured. i wonder how many inches of space there is behind the plugs until i would run into an issue

Jordan2929

Reaction score
thats what i figured. i wonder how many inches of space there is behind the plugs until i would run into an issue
There’s plenty of space behind the plugs, but because of the plugs you’d have to keep it back about 2” behind the plastic grill. But aside from that there’s enough room.

Users who are viewing this thread