5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rigid Industries Light Bar Installation

Jordan2929

Reaction score
I purchased a 20" rigid industries RDS series midnight edition light bar for my truck a few days ago, I've always had led lights on my vehicles but this is the first time I've spent the big bucks on the Rigid. Install was pretty simple, I custom CNC plasma cut the mount out of 10 gauge stainless steel so no drilling or cutting into the bumper (other then the plastic grille obviously) was needed, BTW I saved the design if anyone buys a 20" Rigid light bar. Wiring was also straight forward because it comes with a pretty good wiring harness, I don't like having a switch so I wired the relay to the high beams, so whenever the high beams are turned on the light bar also comes on. That just simplifies things and you don't have an ugly switch somewhere in the interior. IMG_4191.JPG IMG_4192.JPG IMG_4200.JPG IMG_4195.JPG IMG_4196.JPG

rdz418

Site Supporter and Tracking
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Reaction score
Very Nice. Can we get a picture of the front of the truck, a little further away.

jamesfg

Reaction score
Hells yeah that's what I like to see in here, someone else fabbing up parts to make them fit.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Very nice installation. Looking for some additional pixs from the front. Great night picture. Rigid is tops! I have the spotlight/floodlight version on one of our side by sides and they really light up the night.

Art

Reaction score
Great install, just one problem

I just hope you do not get it trouble with the law as most states do not let you drive on major roads with your off road lights on,
I would recommend you install a switch to turn them on and off, not having them tied into you bright lights

Jordan2929

Reaction score
Great install, just one problem

I just hope you do not get it trouble with the law as most states do not let you drive on major roads with your off road lights on,
I would recommend you install a switch to turn them on and off, not having them tied into you bright lights
Yes I somehow forgot to say how I have a switch on the relay signal so It will either operate automatically with the high beams or always be off. (You'd want it on the relay signal wire because 40 amps is unsafe to run through a switch)

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yes I somehow forgot to say how I have a switch on the relay signal so It will either operate automatically with the high beams or always be off. (You'd want it on the relay signal wire because 40 amps is unsafe to run through a switch)

I would never run that much amps through a switch, that's what a relay is for and it being a Rigid it should have come with one. I know mine did.

Jordan2929

Reaction score
I would never run that much amps through a switch, that's what a relay is for and it being a Rigid it should have come with one. I know mine did.
I guess I wasn’t clear, I still am using the relay just simplified the harness by having the switch break the signal from the high beam to the relay, just a different way of doing it. Completely safe as relays draw a fraction of an amp to operate and I still added a fuse Incase a wire rubbed through.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I guess I wasn’t clear, I still am using the relay just simplified the harness by having the switch break the signal from the high beam to the relay, just a different way of doing it. Completely safe as relays draw a fraction of an amp to operate and I still added a fuse Incase a wire rubbed through.

Awww I misunderstood.:)

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Fantastic mod! This is pretty sweet. Thanks for sharing!

jamesfg

Reaction score
Nice job. Never ceases to amaze me what some people consider "pretty simple"...

We got a wide swath of folks here with mechanical and fabricating abilities. Now for me, I don't know much about computers/phones/etc and some think removing a virus or installing a program is easy. This is why I'm really good friends with my neighbor who's a computer whiz. It's not always about what you know, it's who you know, well that and networking.

Jordan2929

Reaction score
I would like to get a copy of the lite bar brackets design.

[email protected] thanks

Can't figure out how to post autocad files on here, but here's a screenshot. If you have any use for the autocad file I can email it to whoever. The slots on the two smaller pieces can be placed wherever to accomidate any lightbar mounting system. I HIGHLY recommend keeping the holes slotted to allow for adjustments as there is most likely some varience between bumpers.

Screen Shot 2018-10-24 at 8.24.33 PM.png

Last edited:

BigRick

Reaction score
Can't figure out how to post autocad files on here, but here's a screenshot. If you have any use for the autocad file I can email it to whoever. The holes on the two smaller pieces can be placed wherever to accomidate any lightbar mounting system. I HIGHLY recommend keeping the holes slotted to allow for adjustments as there is most likely some varience between bumpers.

View attachment 6934

Users who are viewing this thread