5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RF Hub Question

elcid2000

Reaction score
Ok, I’ve read other posts about the RF Hub issues, but couldn’t find a related post. I have 2020 Big Horn that had the rear window leak repaired about 1.5 years ago. I don’t see any water coming in currently or since the replacement, but it may be small enough I’m not seeing it from the light or fin. The truck is covered with the extended warranty. Today I drove the truck just fine this morning, but when I tried to move it a few hours later, I had the non-response Issues and the alarm go off when trying to manually start in the vehicle after using the key in the door. I figure it has to be the RF Hub and I guess just went bad. Question is, anyone have it replaced under warranty some time after the window replacement? I would assume it has to have had water in it at some point. Just replaced the truck battery and the fob battery. Tried all the posted tricks and processes. Sorry for the long post, just trying to paint the picture! Thanks in advance!

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Our RF hub was replaced at the same time as the rear window. So my answer to your question would be no. It’s possible that water got into it and damaged it but didn’t kill it at the time. But it’s an electronic module and can fail on its own, just like any other module.

FastBlackRam

Reaction score
Our RF hub was replaced at the same time as the rear window. So my answer to your question would be no. It’s possible that water got into it and damaged it but didn’t kill it at the time. But it’s an electronic module and can fail on its own, just like any other module.
Mine failed on its own, no water intrusion. Fixed under extended warranty.

elcid2000

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I’m hoping they find water and trace it back to the window, but not overly optimistic. I failed to get the extended warranty in time 🤦‍♂️.

Users who are viewing this thread