5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reverse tilt mirror(s)?

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I just wanted to post an update. For a long time now, months actually, the mirrors no longer get stuck in reverse tilt. So maybe something had to wear in or some computer software had to learn. I will agree with what others have said that now they they no longer get stuck, they don't go back to exactly the memory position. So every now and them I'll hit the memory button on the door when I'm at a stop. When I hit the door memory button, another annoying thing happens, I lose the clock on the 12" Uconnect screen. The clock will not re-appear till the truck is turned off and started again.

I have noticed that when using android auto (not sure about Apple) it will remove the clock since Android Auto has a clock on it. Also there are some other screens that remove the clock. Just an FYI.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I have noticed that when using android auto (not sure about Apple) it will remove the clock since Android Auto has a clock on it. Also there are some other screens that remove the clock. Just an FYI.
CP does the same depending on which screen is being used.

Checkairspeed

Reaction score
So, I just took delivery of my 2019 Delmonico Limited monday night (LOVE IT!), and in playing with it, I tried turning on the "Reverse Tilt Mirrors" feature. However, only the driver's side mirror tilts down...Is this correct, or should both mirrors tilt?
Both should tilt, tilts too much, turned off.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Agreed. We really need to be able to have a few different levels of tilt. Awesome technology, but a single angle does not accommodate to everyone.
Agreed. Had this in my Audi in 20-friggin-12. You could adjust them just like you do for everyday driving. :rolleyes:

DraKhen99

Reaction score
Yeah, this is why some of us who don't need the 2nd memory position have set that to be just like the 1st memory position, only the mirrors are lower - right where we want them. While not automatic like the tilting mirror feature, it's a good workaround.

-John

Aaron Mopar

Reaction score
Anyone having an issue with the mirrors not going back to the original position? I have my reverse tilt mirrors on and after about 3-5 days i notice my side mirrors are completely out of whack. Even reversing 1/2 times causes the mirrors to become out of whack. I have to hit my seat memory to get them to move back to the original position.
I'm having the same issue. They only tilt back up 95% of the way each time, so after a few reverses they become noticeably off. Was there ever a fix to your problem?

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm having the same issue. They only tilt back up 95% of the way each time, so after a few reverses they become noticeably off. Was there ever a fix to your problem?
Nope. They said there was a problem and said an update would fix it. That update was scheduled for 4q 2019 which never happened. So I just turned it off.

Aaron Mopar

Reaction score
Nope. They said there was a problem and said an update would fix it. That update was scheduled for 4q 2019 which never happened. So I just turned it off.
It hasn't been doing it the past couple days. I wonder if there is a way they could have done an update over the sat data while it was parked. Otherwise, it fixed itself.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It hasn't been doing it the past couple days. I wonder if there is a way they could have done an update over the sat data while it was parked. Otherwise, it fixed itself.
I wouldn’t be too quick to give FCA credit for actually fixing something like this with an update. Mine does the same thing as yours but it’s intermittent. Every once in a while I am pleasantly surprised by it actually returning to the right position.

Last edited:

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

I will turn it on and see. I know my software version is dated 08/2018 so i doubt it.

redcrewcab

Reaction score
I've had mine two weeks now. I set them to tilt. My drivers side stuck in tilt several times. Dealer reset the software. Now my passenger side has got stuck in tilt twice. Haven't brought it back yet.
To update this, the dealer reset it the last time I had it in for this, but didn't find a problem. It seemed to fix itself for the summer. When fall/winter approached with cooler weather, it started again. I brought it to the dealer with both mirrors still in reverse postion and also showed them when I use the memory button to return the mirrors to driving position, I loose the clock on the 12" touchscreen. The clock eventually comes back, but it takes hours to do so and doesn't seem to be related to turning the truck off and back on as that will not bring the clock back. I had an appointment for the mirrors but had to cancel. They are actually getting stuck sometimes where I either have to hit the memory button three times or hold the memory button till they move.

forloop

Reaction score
Has there been any update on this problem? Mine has not returned a couple of times. I really don’t use since I have the cameras, but may want it fixed at some point.

redcrewcab

Reaction score
No solution yet. They have done software updates. I had it scheduled to go in for several days in the spring, if they couldn't fix it then they would change the mirrors, then covid happened. So it never went in and then summer came and the problem only happens went it gets colder. It happened some as fall has come, but I'll have to wait for winter for it to be consistent so I can leave it with them.

Users who are viewing this thread