5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reverse tilt mirror(s)?

gencon

Reaction score
I have this same intermittent issue. Would like to know if you find resolution.
waiting for FCA to instruct my tiny local dealer. I have reached out to a large dealership service department. I will let you know as soon as I hear

gencon

Reaction score
Definitely tilt too much. I wish they had different levels. It has very limited usefulness.
The tilt feature is better on the heavy duties or well lifted pickups. If you set suspension to off road 2 and try it, its much better. Worthless in aero mode

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Agreed, they tilt far too much for me. It seems they just power down to the lowest position for each mirror. It would be more functional if they powered a certain amount relative to where the driver has them set, therefore taking into account that anyone over 5'2" doesn't need them to point at the ground in order to see the back of the truck.

Just to bring this back up, according to the owners manual, the mirrors ARE supposed to move relative to where you have them set. I'm gonna go out and experiment in a second and see if that's true. It even states in the manual that each memory seat position would have it's own reverse tilt mirror position, further reinforcing the relative movement aspect.

Attachments

• Tilt Mirrors in Reverse Manual Page 66.JPG
    Tilt Mirrors in Reverse Manual Page 66.JPG
    125.2 KB · Views: 80

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just to bring this back up, according to the owners manual, the mirrors ARE supposed to move relative to where you have them set. I'm gonna go out and experiment in a second and see if that's true. It even states in the manual that each memory seat position would have it's own reverse tilt mirror position, further reinforcing the relative movement aspect.
I havent noticed that to be the case.

gencon

Reaction score
Post your results please. It will help the others

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just got back from the truck, the mirrors power down to the lowest position every time, regardless of starting position. This is a problem for me now, the manual says the work one way, and the literally don't. When I go back to the dealer for my body mounts, I'm gonna make a stink.

gencon

Reaction score
Just got back from the truck, the mirrors power down to the lowest position every time, regardless of starting position. This is a problem for me now, the manual says the work one way, and the literally don't. When I go back to the dealer for my body mounts, I'm gonna make a stink.
Good for you. I agree they tilt WAY too far down, making them useless. Was a nice feature on the big trucks, and tilted to the perfect position on my 2500 with 20's and holstein shocks

hkim242

Reaction score
I tested this as well, but did see that while the tilt is extremely low - you can select the driver mirror and then move it up with the controls. You have to do this every time but at least there is a “workaround” from this setting. Hope this helps!

sergetexan

Reaction score
After one week, my driver side mirror no longer tilts in reverse, have tried resetting and a number of combinations, guess I will be addressing with dealer

SB89

Reaction score
I LOVE the reverse tilt feature, but I wish it was a bit more customizable. If you're backing into a spot, it's tremendous. If you're parallel parking (which I have to do in the city a lot) then it's a pain in the ***.

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I LOVE the reverse tilt feature, but I wish it was a bit more customizable. If you're backing into a spot, it's tremendous. If you're parallel parking (which I have to do in the city a lot) then it's a pain in the ***.

It *really* needs to be customizable... for me they just tilt way too low to be useful.

SB89

Reaction score
It *really* needs to be customizable... for me they just tilt way too low to be useful.
If you're backing into a parking space, I think it's really great. I've just learned to look back thru the windows when I parallel park and then look at the tilted side mirror to see the tire positioning relative to the curb. I wanted to turn it off when I first started using it but I've learned to work with it.

redcrewcab

Reaction score
Both mine tilt also. I had the passenger side one get stuck in the titled down position once, I just moved it with the power mirror switch and it started working again. Haven't had an issue with them since then. I do wish there was a shortcut button to turn them on and off somewhere other than buried in the settings, because I don't like them tilting when I'm trying to back up a trailer.
I've had mine two weeks now. I set them to tilt. My drivers side stuck in tilt several times. Dealer reset the software. Now my passenger side has got stuck in tilt twice. Haven't brought it back yet.

jcraigcx

Reaction score
I love my tilt mirrors except when I don't need a tilt. Should be a button on the screen you can hit to cancel the tilt for the current reverse event.

Nick54

Reaction score
Set your second programable drivers memory seat button with the amount of tilt you want without changing any other settings. Before you back up, push the 2 button and mirrors will drop to your preset position.

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone having an issue with the mirrors not going back to the original position? I have my reverse tilt mirrors on and after about 3-5 days i notice my side mirrors are completely out of whack. Even reversing 1/2 times causes the mirrors to become out of whack. I have to hit my seat memory to get them to move back to the original position.

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone having an issue with the mirrors not going back to the original position? I have my reverse tilt mirrors on and after about 3-5 days i notice my side mirrors are completely out of whack. Even reversing 1/2 times causes the mirrors to become out of whack. I have to hit my seat memory to get them to move back to the original position.

I noticed this as well. Even the seat adjustment doesn't always go back exactly as it was, because after driving a bit I can push the memory setting again (while stopped) and the seat will move ever so slightly (maybe 1/2"). I think the position sensors just either aren't precise enough, or have sloppy mounting points.

NDRam

Reaction score
I have really enjoyed this feature on a previous vehicle (300M). Really wish that the Bighorn had this feature. Oh well, still loving my ride!

Users who are viewing this thread